No announcement yet.

im 12 and i dont know what to do

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod15

    Thanks for reaching out. We know it takes courage to know when you need additional help. It sounds like your mom isn’t taking your concern seriously, which can be upsetting. If there’s another trusted adult, such as a teacher or school counselor, it may help to talk to them and discuss your concern. Your teacher may also be able to provide additional help that would allow you to do better in school.

    Your mother should not be hitting you. You don’t deserve to be treated that way. If you feel that your safety is in danger, you can file a report with your local child protective services or, if it’s an emergency, call 911. If this is something that you’re interested in doing, we can help support you through the process. Child Help, a child abuse hotline, also can support you if you’d like to file a report. They can be reached at 1-800-422-4453 or

    Depending on your location, there may be additional resources available, and we offer conference calling if you want extra support to talk to her again. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or live chat at We’re here 24/7. Best of luck!

    Leave a comment:

  • Guest's Avatar
    Guest started a topic im 12 and i dont know what to do

    im 12 and i dont know what to do

    i think i have adhd because im having a really hard time in school and im really fidgety and i get distracted easily but my mom doesnt care and when i tried telling her she said everyone has a little bit of it and she said it like me thinking that i have it is insignificant. she also said im just lazy but i know its not that and i have a really hard time doing stuff and paying attention. she also hit me for having a bad grade and shes gonna keep hitting me if i keep getting them. she also called me a sociopath i dont know what to do
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove