im 12 n i wanna run away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im 12 n i wanna run away

i feel like my dad doesnt love me he gets mad wen im sad and i told him dat i wanna kill my self and he said do it then im the oldest of 11 kids and i just wanna feel loved but me and my tt and my cuzin been talkin bout dem adoptin me but my dad been talking bout sending me to milatary school or sendin me 2 foster care because of how i feel me and my cousin are like twins we feel the same way can i run away to live wit her n her mom?

Hello There,

Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time and we want you to know that you are not alone,

We know you mentioned suicide, that is a very serious thing to think about and we are so glad that you reached out. You are important and you are worth living, you do not deserve to have people tell you to just do it. You are helping others who may be in a similar situation by sharing your story. If you are ever feeling suicidal or just need to talk please contact The National Suicide Prevention Hotline at: 1800-273-8255. There is always someone willing to listen and willing to help.

We are glad to hear that you have your cousin and aunt for support, it helps to have a good support system. Your dad would have to give up his rights to send you to foster care. And it would be a lengthy process and would involve the courts to be involved. We are not legal experts but if you left without permission it is a possibility you can be returned home. Your aunt could go to the local court house and talk to them about the possibility of adopting you.

We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!

NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X