•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod15
    replied
    Hi there!
    First of all, thank you so much for reaching out to us today. We know it can be difficult and scary to do, especially in such a difficult situation. You do not deserve to be treated in that way. Everyone deserves to live in a household with respect.

You mention that your mom and grandparents aren’t treating you so nicely. Have you talked to them about how you are feeling? We offer something called a conference calling service here at NRS. To use this, you would call in to us at 1-800-786-2929, tell us a bit more about your situation and a liner would help mediate a hopefully productive conversation between you, your mom and your grandparents. Using this service is completely up to you.
    You also mention you want to leave, but don’t know where to go. We want to make sure that if you do leave home, you are safe. If you leave home under the age of 18, your mom and grandparents may decide to file a runaway report with the police. In this case, the police would most likely come looking for you, and if they find you, bring you back home. If you decide you want to leave and are looking for shelter, one resource to use would be homelessshelterdirectory.org. You can input your city and state and reach out to some of the shelters they have available.
    Lastly, we are here to talk through your situation more in depth and offer you more resources if you would like. We are available 24/7 over live chat at 1800runaway.org or over the phone at the number mentioned above. Please feel free to contact us anytime. We are here to help.
    Best of luck and stay strong,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Running away

Running away

Hi I’m 13 and in 7th grade from Kansas I feel like running away my mom is always yelling at me and my whole family is mad at me when they yell at me I sometimes cry and they make fun of me saying I’m not a real man and stuff like that and talk behind my back and my mom says stuff like I’f I keep talking she will tape my mouth shut I want to leave but dont know where to go I’m not allowed to leave my house and my mom said if I try running away I’ll be in for a world full of hurt when they catch me and bring me back Idk what to do I’m always feeling like they hate me on Easter my grandma threatened to kick me out the house so I just want to leave by myself
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 04-07-2021, 02:55 PM. Reason: details of city
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X