X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod3
    replied
    Hey there. Thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you took that step.

It sounds like things at home have been pretty difficult for you, and we're sorry to hear that. While you continue to work through things, it might be helpful for you to have someone supportive to talk to, like a therapist or a social worker. Having a support system in place to help when things are feeling really heavy and overwhelming can really be beneficial in repairing relationships, but also in working on and healing ourselves individually. A therapist can also help you develop some of the tools needed to address some of the issues you're having with your parents, or even help facilitate those conversations so that you feel comfortable and supported throughout. A good starting point in finding someone to talk to is through your school social worker or counselor. Often times you can connect with them for a couple of sessions without parental consent and from there, they can try and get more sessions in place as needed, or connect you with some referrals in your area. You can also reach out to us and we can try and find some nearby orgs that offer counseling services as well.

And because you mentioned wanting to die, we wanted to make sure we took a moment to let you know that you're not alone. If you ever feel like you need support, please know that you can reach out to us and we'd be happy to listen. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is another organization that can be helpful when you're having suicidal thoughts, and you can reach them by calling 1-800-273-8255 or through their live chat at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. And if you're ever feeling like you need immediate support because you're at risk of harming yourself or someone else, please contact your local law enforcement agency.

If you'd like to chat in more detail about what's going on or to learn more about how we can help, please feel free to reach out to us directly by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY or through our live chat at www.1800runaway.org. We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic i need to kill myself

i need to kill myself

I want to ***** my parents. The constant yelling at me to do things I cannot. The constant comparison of me to my dead brother and my older brothers. The constant comparison of me to other kids. Not even comforting me when I shared my friends suicide attempts. Not even making the effort to understand me not leaving my room or crying every night or why I want to leave the house everyday, surrounded by my friends. Im tired of having to cry myself to bed. Im tired of everything. I’m trying my best in school but its never good enough. And when I skip class because I don’t wanna hold on I get punished. They keep pushing me and pushing me and one day I’m going to snap. I can’t do it anymore... I just need a hug... I need to be free. I want to die & the only reason Im hanging on is because of my dog. He only has a couple years left to live and once he goes I want to go with him.
    Last edited by ccsmod3; 03-25-2021, 03:15 AM.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X