Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My parents are abusive, i want to leave but i can't. What to do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My parents are abusive, i want to leave but i can't. What to do?

So my parents are mentally and emotionally abusive. I'm 12 and they do not let me do what I want to do. Sometimes they are physically abusive too, they beat me with a wooden spoon, a belt and slaps. They also make me do their work. I want to leave but I am afraid to do it. Some one please help, please

Hi there.
    Thank you so much for reaching out to us today. We know it can be difficult and take a lot of courage to do so. We are so sorry to hear that your parents are mentally, emotionally and physically abusive. You don’t deserve to be treated in that way and we want you to feel safe.
    You mention you want to leave. It is not illegal to runaway. However, if you do leave, your parents may decide to file a runaway report to the police. In this case, the police would most likely go looking for you and if they find you, bring you back home. Runaway policies and police action depend on the police in your local area and if you want to find out more information, you can call your local police’s non-emergency hotline and ask confidential questions about their runaway policies.
    You also mention your parents are being abusive. No one deserves to be treated like that. If you are interested in reporting the abuse going on at home, one resource to reach out to is childhelp.org. If you are interested in reporting, but need help doing so, you can always reach out to us over livechat at 1800runaway.org or over the phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Doing this is completely up to you. If you want to reach out and further chat about your situation and look into more options, you are more than welcome to reach out to us as well. We are available 24/7 and here to help with whatever we can.
    Best of luck and stay strong,
    NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X