No announcement yet.

I'm going insane

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm going insane

    Hello to whomever reads this but I'm desperately trying to get advice on what I should do. I am a 16 year old male. I've never had a normal life and I'm afraid that I might never have one. My mother and father divorced when I was 2 years old, the reason being she realized she was actually a lesbian. I had visitation with my father for a while before he just gave up and let me go. I have been living with my half-brother, my mother, and her trans boyfriend (female to male) for about 2 years now. The situation is terrible when it comes to money and creates a very stressful environment. My mother had dropped out of college and never got back up on her feet. She tries to force me to become what she couldn't and I just can't do that for her. She also has anger issues and is constantly verbally abusive and self destructive. She blames everyone else for her mistakes and has yelled at me to the point where I've almost resorted to self-harm. I understand that it is not something you should do but I just want her to be able to stand up for herself and grow up. I can't improve where I am right now and I just want to go elsewhere so that I can learn the correct ways to improve as a young adult and be able to support myself and others if needed. Please any advice?

  • #2
    Hello There,

    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time, we are so glad that you decided to reach out to us!

    You sound really mature, and sounds like you have had to grow up fast in your household. You do not deserve to be abused in any type of way and you have the right to file a report. One option you can consider would be to call Child Help at: 1800-422-4453, and they would be able to help with a report. You can also speak to a school counselor about your home situation and they can help with a report and providing resources and options. Lastly, you can always call or chat with us and we can help you with a report.

    We know you mentioned wanting to go elsewhere, and that is completely understandable given the situation. You could consider emancipation, which would allow you to legally leave home before turning 18. To find out more about emancipation you would need to contact your local court house.
    We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore more options, please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp