Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My siblings live with my abusive dad

Hey there, so when i was little my parents got divorced and i had to live with my grandparents for awhile. then in second grade my dad took me in with my stepmom. they were really verbally abusive and they’d even scream at me in front of my friends. i have two young siblings and they still live with him. i moved out a year and a half ago but they’re treating my little sister the same way they treated me. they only give her negative attention and yell at her for things my brother does. i feel horrible for leaving her with them but they’re my half siblings and my half brother has disabilities. i wanna call someone about it or report them but i’m scared i’m never gonna see them again. we live in different states and i guess i’m wondering if they’d be sent with family or into foster care? any response is helpful. i don’t know what to do or if there’s anything i CAN do.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out, it sounds like the situation your in can be pretty overwhelming. In most situations, when CPS is involved the first options looked at for placement would be family. Also if they are placed in a non-family home, CPS workers are required to provide the family with numbers to contact the foster parents and agency they’re working with so that family can keep in contact. If you’d be interested in learning a bit more about abuse reporting, check out the Child Help website. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody. If you need any help reaching out please feel free to reach out to us.

We hope this helps. If you would like to talk in more detail chat or call us! Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Thank you so much. this really did help.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
      x
      x
      Working...
      X