No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help...

    So, a few weeks ago, my mom hit me, across the face. I had started yelling, but I was not going to hit her and had no intention of doing so and did not approach her like I was going to. then she gets up, runs towards me (I was standing in her doorway and she was on her bed before she ran to me) and she slaps me across the face, leaving a bruise on the side of my face. (the bruise is gone now, and there was only one) then she starts yelling at me and I'm still yelling at her, still haven't touched her at this point. she kept back me closer to the doorway, repeatedly raising her hands as if she was going to hit me again. I raise my hands to defend myself, and she shoves my on my back into my room (I was in my doorway, which she backed me into in a threatening and intimidating manner) I start screaming, and she eventually raises her hand as she was about to slap me and told me exactly "you better ****ing stop". I stopped screaming because I didn't want her to hit me again. Over the next two days, I was struggling to contact for help because I felt unsafe. I then contacted a hotline, had them file a report, and a few hours later the police showed up at the door and took her away on a domestic violence charge... I've stayed with my uncle since, and today she called me because she was allowed to. she kept blaming me and said I lied to authorities, Children's protective services, and the person on the hotline text number, to which I never lied once. I told the hotline that she had hit me before, with a belt, and bare hand. but not often. this was the only time she has ever left a visible bruise. and this was the last straw for me and I didn't want her to keep thinking it is ok to hit me. She said the police lied on their report, and they did not either. But now she got away with it and I'm being forced to go home to her tomorrow, and she's taking all my electronics over me trying to defend myself from her and set boundaries. Now that I know the police or Children Services won't do anything, what do I do??

  • #2
    Hi there,

    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We’re sorry you have had to deal with the situation at hand, please feel free to reach out to us via chat or call for additional support. In most cases, CPS should not return you to your mother care unless she has completed courses appointed by the court. Even then they are required to do check ups on the home once your back, you may want to be sure to get some time alone with the workers to honestly tell them how you have been feeling in the home since you’ve been back. If there is any further abuse they would need to remove you from the home again. If you’re feeling unsafe and need a safe place to go and talk to someone, you may wish to visit The National Safeplace website ( This organization provides access to immediate help and supportive resources for youth in need. You can look up your city and state to see if there are any safe places near you listed. So that is always an option if you feel like talking to someone in person about what has been going on or if you just need of a safe place to stay.

    You also may use your phone to text the word “safe” and your current location (city/state/zip) to 69866. If there are safe places and shelters nearby, a list of those will be sent to your phone and you may have the option to text back and forth with a trained counselor as well.

    If you decide you need to leave the home, and are looking for shelters or other resources in your area please feel free to reach out to us. We can help find the nearest resources to you. We hope this helps.

    Be safe,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    • #3
      Hi, I'm not a professional but i'm going through something like this. The best thing to do is record evidence- sound, video, anything. You can use an old camera, phone, or borrow one from a friend. Basically any electronic that has a microphone. Then, you can file another and have proof? Do you have any other family members to stay with or move in with? You should ask someone nearby for help. (Contact me at [email protected] if this gets worse. It's the only email my parents don't have access to and I really want to help you). I'm so sorry this is happening to you.


      • #4
        I don't have the ability to record anything, as she took my phone as well. so I don't have access to email. this is my school computer and I can only use my school email on it, which my mom has access to.


        • ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello There.

          Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen.
          It sounds like you are talking about abuse, we are sorry you are dealing with that and you do not deserve that. We do have a chat platform that you should be able to access through a school computer. We are available by chat or by phone 24/7 and we can take an abuse report over chat or phone. If you are in immediate danger please contact 911, if you do not have a phone have someone call for you.
          We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions please contact us.
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp