how to get birth certificate without id

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re:

Hello there, thanks so much for reaching out today.

It sounds like you are trying to get your child a birth certificate. Each state has their own procedures when it comes to obtaining IDs, social security cards, and birth certificates.

Here is a link to a state-by-state guide to obtaining ID cards and birth certificates: https://www.nn4youth.org/wp-content/...Copy-FINAL.pdf

We hope this link will help you figure out how to get your daughter’s birth certificate.

Best wishes,

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• need my id

Hi im 26 years old i never had an i.d my mom.passed im trying to excel in my future i have my social sec. Card but i cant get ANYTHING i need help

Comment

• re: need my ID

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. If you are an adult looking to get an ID you may be able to find information google on how to do so in your state. Most states offer assistance getting an ID through the DMV if you have other paperwork, such as your SS card or a statement of homeless from a local shelter. You could call the DMV to see if they offer IDs in that regard and go from there. They should be able to tell you what you would need to have.

Sincerely,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

• female

I have no parents, relatives and am 19 years old i have no ID and certificate how can i get ID without certificate

Comment

• Re: how to get birth certificate without id/ female

Hello and thanks for reaching out on our forum. We recognize how difficult not having an ID or birth certificate can be, especially without the support of parents or other relatives. The National Network for Youth (NN4Y) offers a resource guide to help young people obtain a Non-Driver ID in their state. You can access their summary, field guide, and appendix here: https://www.nn4youth.org/learn/resources/state_ids/. We hope that gives you a start and encourage you to reach out to us directly if you’d like additional help. Best of luck!

Comment

• How do I get a birth certificate in my name with my dead father's social security card

Comment

• RE: how to get birth certificate without ID

Hello there -

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. It can be very frustrating not knowing what to do or what your next step might be from this point on. Because we do get a large number of forum post, we do have to limit email replies to three individual responses to answer any questions that you have or to provide you with a number of means of support.

Now this is not something that we normally deal with, so our knowledge on the subject is very limited. Each state has its own set of rules and fees for ordering certified birth certificate and other records. Rules, ordering instructions and fees for all 50 states, the District of Columbia and all other U.S states can be found here (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w.htm). Perhaps you can get in touch with your local county clerk’s office and they might be able to tell you a more solid answer on what is acceptable to obtain your birth certificate. Sometime according to the Department of Health’s Office of Vital Records website it looks like a sibling or grandparent could request your birth certificate if neither parent is an option. This depends on which city and state you are from, so trying looking up the Department of Health’s Office of Vital Records for your state. Another idea would be to contact your past high school to see if they have any of that information recorded somewhere in their records from when you first enrolled.

Hope that this information helps!

Comment

• don't have my state ID yet or my drivers license, and I don't know my social security number, but I want to get a copy of my birth certificate, but you need an ID, and to get an ID, you need a copy of your birth certificate. So I'm kind of stuck. Do you know of anyone that would help me get one of those items so I can get the others?
                  I have some legal problems and need an id... I don't speak with any family and I don't even live in the same state i was borned in...

Comment

• ccsmod0
                    ccsmod0 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hello there,
                    Originally posted by ccsmod8 View Post
                    Re: how to get birth certificate without id

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Switchboard. We are pleased to hear that you are trying to get your documents together to advance yourself. We imagine it can be a hassle to get work or do other important things without proper documentation. It sounds like there is urgency for the paperwork to work out but there is a likelihood that requesting these documents from the appropriate locale may take some time. May we ask the reason for needing your documents? Do you have parents?

Is there a chance that you could contact your parents for this sort of information? It sometimes comes down to your age range and whether your parents can keep this sort of information from you. We can always point you in the direction of legal resources if you desire to find out your rights and what measures you can take to secure what is yours. One agency you can call is Justice for Children at 1800-733-0059. This agency is known to help develop and implement a full range of solutions to enhance the quality of life for children.

Have you heard of the Social Security Administration? By calling 1-800-772-1213, you can use their automated telephone services to get recorded information and conduct some business 24 hours a day. If you are trying to sort out the your social security card info, this is one way of doing it or you can go online at http://www.ssa.gov to look into the matter. You can access online forms and get directions to solving some of these life questions you are asking.

The birth certificate issue is more a matter of calling the local state departments. Going online to http://www.cdc.gov, if you have internet access, to use this valuable tool, will mean first determining the state or area where you were born, then click on that state or area. The Center for Disease Control can be reached at 1-800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) 24 Hours/Every Day. This agency is specific to figuring where you were born and how you can access your vital records.

There are guidelines to follow to ensure an accurate response to your request. The federal government does not distribute certificates, files, or indexes with identifying information for vital records. However, applications for these records can be obtained through the U.S. State Department. Accessing an ID would mean first getting your birth certificate or social security number. The next step is seeking out your local Department of Motor Vehicles to apply for an identification card.

We here how frustrating it must feel to be stuck but we want to help where we can. You are not alone. We are here for you to reach out to us directly in person, 24 hours a day, at 1800RUNAWAY. We are confidential and anonymous. We are a federally designated communication, crisis line for youth in crisis. We hope you are safe. Our number one concern is your safety. We wish you to all the best in hopes that things begin to fall into place for you. Good luck.

-NRS

• Good Afternoon

I am trying to get my step dad id but he was birth in puerto rico. they are requesting id but he doesnt have any id. what can i do

Comment

• ccsmod7
                    ccsmod7 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline! Not only are we here to provide non-judgmental support but we can also provide resources, where applicable. It sounds like you are in a frustrating situation with your step dad's ID but we will do our best to help you out.

For state resources, might consider checking out the following website: nn4youth.org/learn/resources/state_ids/
                    This is an excellent resource since it talks about obtaining IDs. Another idea worth considering is reaching out to the local consulate to see if they have resources for those born out of the county who need IDs.

If you ever need to chat with us by phone you can do so by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Hang in there and best of luck!

-NRS

• I was born at home with no midwife, so there is no birth certificate, and I don't have a Social Security Number.
                  I was also home schooled so I don't have any school records.
                  I live in Virginia but was born in California.
                  How do I get a Birth Certificate.

Please Help

Comment

• ccsmod7
                    ccsmod7 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hello there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like you have been living off the grid for most of your life and now you are in need of getting your vital documents. While it is harder to do and seems like a daunting task, it is still typically possible to obtain those files. We are not experts about how you should go about doing this. You might try contacting your local Social Security Administration Office to see what steps you need to take. Typically they will take other documents like a piece of mail to your address, and things like that to help prove your identity and residency. If they are unable to help, if you call or chat us we can provide you with legal aid resources for your area. They might be able to further assist you.

Please do not hesitate to call 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat us if you are ever in crisis and need assistance. We are here to help 24/7.

-NRS

• I was born at home in Ontario, Canada. I was homeschooled my entire life in Texas because my mom's from there . I don't have a birth certificate or any type of identification. Both of my parents are dead. Recently, my mother's family had just disowned me. I want to move back to Canada to start a better life. I don't think I'm an American citizen because I was brought to the US at two years old without a birth certificate. If I want to move back to Canada, how can I prove that I'm a Canadian citizen? It's been stressing me out a lot, to the point that it makes me feel hopeless. Please tell me that you can provide me with some information, I'm desperate.

Comment

• ccsmod7
                    ccsmod7 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hello there, thanks for reaching out.

Sorry to hear that you have been through so much. You seem like an incredibly resilient, strong person for persevering through such hardships. Unfortunately, we are not legal experts and we are not familiar with Canadian citizenship laws and requirements. You might try contacting your local Canadian consulate http://can-am.gc.ca/offices-bureaux/index.aspx?lang=eng. You might also reach out to our Canadian youth resource http://www.kidshelpphone.ca 1-800-668-6868. They might be able to better answer your questions. Also, if you call or chat us, we can look for local legal aid resources that might be able to answer your difficult questions about citizen documentation.

You mentioned feeling hopeless and desperate about your situation. Sounds like the stress is taking a huge toll on you. During these difficult times, your mental wellbeing is so important, and you deserve to be supported through this. You can always call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY if you would like to talk to someone. We are here to listen, here to help.

Best of luck,

NRS

• can department of human services papers be use as some sort of identification? what about if u were or are on probation

Comment

• ccsmod2
                    ccsmod2 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi,

Perhaps you could talk with your probation officer or former P.O. if your papers can be used as some type of identification. Also, a lot of websites for DMV or state records offices have information online describing what types of documents qualify to apply for an ID, so you may want to check there.

Best,
                    NRS

• !!!!!CONCERNED PARENT!!!!!!!!

Is it possible to get an ID and other documents such as a SSC and/or birth certificate if a person is a run away teen with a missing report?

Comment

• ccsmod7
                    ccsmod7 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hello there, thanks for reaching out today.

We are not legal experts or experts with vital documents, but we can speak generally. It depends on your state’s laws with whether a minor can obtain that documentation without parental consent. This field guide lists state by state age requirements: https://www.nn4youth.org/learn/resources/state_ids/. Unless documentation offices do background checks, it might be hard for them to see of someone is a missing person. Same thing goes for banks, they do not typically do background checks, but they might have age requirements for replacing an ID. You might contact your bank to see what their policies are on minors obtaining debit cards.

Please call or chat us if you would like additional assistance or if you are in need of support.

Best,
                    ​​​​​​​
                    NRS

• Hi I have a similar problem my family and I moved out to Missouri back in 2006 or 08 any ways I was the second youngest and my mom and dad had me home schooled I've never had a birth certificate nor a social security card or any kind of identification proving I am who I say I am to this day I am 23 year's old I have a 5 year old son an a baby on the way I need to be able to work now my parents are divorced over domestic violence so my father doesn't know where we are my mom was able to get me a social security card but I can't work a real JOB with just that I need a birth certificate to get an ID and I can't get one without the other now this is where everyone gets confused listen I've
                  Never had a birth certificate ever it never existed I was born at home never had one to begin with that's my problem that's what I need help with how do I create something out of nothing how do I go about creating a birth certificate so I can get an ID and start taking care of my kids please

Comment

• ccsmod14
                    ccsmod14 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We're sorry to hear that you have been having difficulty obtaining legal documentation and it has been preventing you from working and taking care of your child.

Unfortunately, we are not legal experts or experts with vital documents so it is hard for us to speak on this case, especially because of the rarity of being born at home with no access to a birth certificate.

If you gave us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we might be able to find a free legal aid resource that could provide legal advice or consultation on how to go about obtaining or creating a birth certificate.

Best,
                    NRS

• Um hi , im 17 i no longer live with my family , they do not wanna help me , i need a job and i dont have my social or birth , any id all i have is my social number written on a piece of paper i was wondering how do i get all this without having my parents help

Comment

• ccsmod0
                    ccsmod0 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hello, Thank you for reaching out. We found this reply to a similar posting.

Originally posted by ccsmod3 View Post
                    Re: how to get birth certificate without id/ female

Hello and thanks for reaching out on our forum. We recognize how difficult not having an ID or birth certificate can be, especially without the support of parents or other relatives. The National Network for Youth (NN4Y) offers a resource guide to help young people obtain a Non-Driver ID in their state. You can access their summary, field guide, and appendix here: https://www.nn4youth.org/learn/resources/state_ids/. We hope that gives you a start and encourage you to reach out to us directly if you’d like additional help. Best of luck!
                Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                x
                Working...
                X