how to get birth certificate without id

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with social and birth certificate

I moved to a different city which is about 8 hours drive. My brother tossed out some of my things which had my social card and birth certificate. My mother already passed away and I don't know about my father whereabouts. How do I get new ones? Please help.

Comment

re: Help with social and birth certificate

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us! It definitely sounds like you have been going through quite a bit, we are sorry to hear. From what you shared, it sounds like you have seen some tough times. We want you to know that we are here to listen and to help as best as we can.

Unfortunately, we do not necessarily have any direct resources to getting documentation, but somewhere you can consider starting is by reaching out to the Social Security Administration, their number is 1-800-772-1213. They would be able to potentially help you obtain those documents or direct you in the right direction.

We hope that we are able to give you some general information about what we do and how we could help. Please remember that our hotline is available 24/7 and could be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We also have a live chat program that is available every day from 4:30 PM until 11:30 PM CST. We wish you the best of luck and hope to get your call or chat soon.

Stay strong,

NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Birth Certificate & Social security card

Hi, my momma some how misplaced our stuff from moving house to house so I don't have a social security card or birth certificate and I don't have my school Id I am a 2015 graduate I can't get a job because I don't have them items, how can I get my birth certificate without an ID?

Comment

Birth Certificate & Social security card

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
          You might start with going online and searching for your County Clerk’s Office.
          This is where you should be able get information on what is required to get a copy of your birth certificate.

To obtain a copy of your Social Security Card you will have to visit the Social Securuty Office in your area.
          You may be asked to bring something like a piece of mail with your current address on it etc.

We hope this information helps.

Take Care,
          NRS
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

Social security card birth certificate

I'm 18. My parents are divorced. My dad took our social security cards and birth certificates when he moved. I live in Indiana. I can't apply for a job without my originals. My mom ordered my birth certificate but I need a social security card. I don't have a drivers license. I can't get an ID without my SS card and vice versa. My dad told me he lost my card, but tells my mom he told me how to apply for a new one. I have no utility in my name.

Comment

RE: Social security card birth certificate

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. It sounds like you are having a hard time getting a social security card. We are a crisis hotline for runaway and homeless youth. Replacing lost documents can be very difficult. For a new social security card, you will need to go to your local social security office and apply for one. You may have to wait until your new birth certificate your mom ordered arrives. For proof of address, it is not necessary to have a utility in your name, because medical, school, or bank paperwork sent to your address can work as well. If you have questions, the Social Security Administration phone number is 1-800-722-1213. We hope this helps!

Best of luck,

NRS

Comment

help

So I recently got my wallet stolen and it had my i.d and birth certificate and everything in it. And I need to get an I.d hard to do anything without one. How would that work since I don't have any my paper work. And I kinda need one like soon.

Comment

re: help

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It seems like you have been having a couple of rough days.

While this is not our focus, we can guide you in the right direction. We would encourage you to reach out to your local DMV office and ask what the process would be to regain those documents. Another options could be to reach out to Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 and ask some general questions as well.

We wish you the best of luck and hope it all works out for you.

Best,

NRS

Comment

Blank

Originally posted by ;2576
                    I don't have my state ID yet or my drivers license, and I don't know my social security number, but I want to get a copy of my birth certificate, but you need an ID, and to get an ID, you need a copy of your birth certificate. So I'm kind of stuck. Do you know of anyone that would help me get one of those items so I can get the others?

BTW, I do have picture school ID's, but they are expired.
                    im literally in the same position as you and Im stuck to

Comment

RE: Blank

Hello there -

Thank you for getting into touch with us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. From your forum post, it sounds like you’re in a similar situation trying to get a birth certificate and social secretly card. Like suggested in the other post prior to this, is it possible to get one or the other of these documents from your parents? That way you can at least have one piece of your documentation to get the other.

Another option that you do have to report your records and/or documents lost to receive new ones. Now this is not something that we normally deal with, so our knowledge on the subject is very limited. Each state has its own set of rules and fees (might be free) for ordering certified birth certificates and other records. Rules, ordering instructions and fees for all 50 states, the District of Columbia and all other U.S states can be found here (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w.htm). Perhaps you can get in touch with your local county clerk’s office and they might be able to tell you a more solid answer on what is acceptable to obtain your birth certificate. You can also look into ordering your birth certificate online (https://www.vitalchek.com/birth-certificates) or possibly by contacting the hospital in which you were born in. They might have kept copies of your birth and could possibly provided you with one.

Good luck!

Comment

looking for help…hope this thread is still open

Writing for a friend that needs help. he was foreign born and adopted. his name has been changed from his original passport. He is underage, 17 1/2 but in his state 17 year old’s are technically allowed to move out of the house. All he has to his name is his school id, he has no passport, Birth certificate, SSC or driver's license. When he told his parent's he was moving out, and he said he needed his documents, they told him "We lost them"!

They adopted him living in that house, brought him home to that house and have been in that house. I do not believe the papers left that house for any reason, they are just being spiteful. I have been all through this thread reading, looking for an answer.

I see you often ask minors if they can ask their parents…I am guessing if they ran away, they most likely can't talk to their parents and that is how it is here. Please don't say go to the police, because his Dad is a cop, so his buddies probably won't help my friend much anyway.

My friend has a job since he was 16. I am wondering if he has a SSC or SS number without realizing it, since he probably needed one to work. He may not realize if one was issued at the time he was adopted.

If he is underage and goes to SS for a card (new or renew) they need an address to renew and documentation by the parents for a new one. If he goes to Child Services for a copy of the adoption/birth certificate they issued they just might alert the parents just because of the Dad's connections. What should he do? Chance going to Child Services (who handled the adoption) for a copy of the birth/adoption certificate while he is underage (i.e. child services) or wait until 18 to try some other avenue? He doesn't know if it will be easier as a minor or adult. A minor usually requires a parent's backing them up, but by the time he is an adult with no ID at all (and possibly the school ID expired by then) he is really like a non-person on record right? Please any advice you can help with. He is not on the street and is in a safe place. Thank you!

Comment

RE: looking for help…hope this thread is still open

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like your friend is in a really tough situation. It will be very difficult for your friend to recover his documents before he turns 18. You are right that he probably has a social security number, since you have to provide a copy of your social security card when you get a job which withholds social security from your check. Unless he is paid in cash or under the table, he had to provide this when he was hired. He could also try calling his doctor to find out his social security number, since patients always have to provide this it should be on any medical records. Calling Child Services could also be an option, but he may have reasons to wait until he is 18 to do so if he is worried about his dad finding out. As for applying for new documents, he will have to go through the same process as anybody by going to the local county clerk or office of vital records and make an application. It sounds like he has lots of barriers to getting these documents, so if he has any questions he can always give us a call. We are here 24/7. Wishing you and your friend the best of luck!

Comment

I need help

Im 20yo and I have been trying to get my birth certificate from N.Y. city for over a ye. I dont have any form of Ididentification required to get one. I have a expired N.Y. card and I live in florida. Both my parents are deceased and I dont know what hospital I was born at. I have a four month old daughter that I need to provide for and I cant get a job. Please help

Comment

RE: I need help

Hello there –

Thank you for getting into touch with us here at the National Runaway Safeline on our public forum. We are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. From your message, it sounds like you’re trying to get a birth certificate but you don’t have all the information that you need. Now this is not something that we normally deal with, so our knowledge on the subject is very limited.

Each state has its own set of rules and fees for ordering certified birth certificates and other records. Rules, ordering instructions and fees for all 50 states, the District of Columbia and all other U.S states can be found here (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w.htm). Perhaps you can get in touch with your local county clerk’s office or the vital records office in your state where you were born and they might be able to tell you a more solid answer on what is acceptable to obtain your birth certificate. Another resource that we usually give our caller to think about is reaching out to your past high school that you attended; they sometimes keep some records from when you first enrolled for classes. You can also look into ordering your birth certificate online (https://www.vitalchek.com/birth-certificates).

Good luck!

Comment

Hi I need information on how to get a birth certificate and social security. I was born at home with out a mid wife. They took me to a local hospital but we tried there the destroy documents after 10 years. Than took me to where all my family goes Indian hospital I have files and documents there. But I'm using my moms Indian card til I'm 19. I'm about to turn 18. I have a son he has a birth certificate but can't get a social security til I do. Some how my school let me in with out both. Plz help me. I need this for my child

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                x
                                Working...
                                X