No announcement yet.

how to get birth certificate without id

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legal Question about Birth Certificates and SSN?

Hello,
    My name is Shawn M. and my mom will not let me get my drivers license. I'm 18 years old almost 19 and she will not give them to me, she has also said that if you can do that she has told me that she will lie and say I don't have them. So I'm wondering if you can take your mom to curt for keeping them from me when I don't want her to or at least call the cops and them help me get the proper documentation. My mom doesn't treat me like a son she treats me horrible, have mental problems and calls me retard, autistic [email protected]#$. And I just want my documents and get out wat can I do?

Comment

Re: Legal Question about Birth Certificates and SSN?

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you’re going through a lot with your mom at home and that has got to be really difficult. We’re glad that you reached out.

It sounds like your mom has been keeping documents from you and that has got to be really stressful. It sounds like you are trying to become independent and she is keeping you from progressing. You mentioned talking to the police as one option as well as taking her to court. These both sound like reasonable options, and if you would like to explore them further you can always call us and we can talk through what each of these would look like more. Another option might be to contact the hospital that you were born at if you know, and see if you can get a copy of your birth certificate through them. Another resource we’d like to provide you is the Social Security Administration at (800) 772 1213.

We’re here 24/7 to support you. No one deserves to be treated poorly in their own home. Please do not hesitate to reach out.

Good luck and stay safe,
      NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
      Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Need help on what to do

I'm 18 years old I can't find my birth certificate, social security number and I don't have an ID. I have a school ID for 2014-2015 if that doesn't mean it's expired. If you could tell me what I need to do to get one or the other it would be much appreciated

Comment

RE Need help on what to do

Hello,

If you have contacted NRS today through another means, for example in chat or email, for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services. Thank you and we wish you the best of luck.

NRS
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

How do i get my birth certificate if i dont have my real couple

Comment

Hello there,

It sounds like you're trying to figure out how to get your birth certificate. We aren't legal experts here; however, if we know your city/state and age we might be able to better direct you. Most cities have basic information available on their department of health's website. If you'd like to continue talking about what's going on feel free to reach out on our chat or provide us with a bit more information and we can try and locate some resources. Best of luck!

Comment

Help

Hi there I am from New York recently moved to California . My mom is dead my dad is incoherent and I have no family anymore . I have no id no social and no birth certificate . Since I was born In new York and am now in Cali how am I able to get these things? please help .
                Thank you

Comment

RE: Help

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We’re glad that you reached out, it sounds like you are really trying your best to sort things out and it has been pretty tough. We’re here to help the best we can.

You shared that your mom has passed away, and your dad is incoherent. This has got to be extremely difficult. It is really hard to lose anybody, let alone a parent. It sounds like you moved to a new place, and you do not have your social security number or a birth certificate. Obtaining either of these things without the other can be really difficult, but one resource that may be helpful to start with is the Social Security Administration at (800) 772 1213. As far as your birth certificate, do you know if there are any copies either at any school that you have attended, any past jobs, insurance company? These may be contacts that may at least have a copy of your birth certificate. Another option may be to contact the hospital that you were born at. Is this something that you remember, or may be able to ask someone?

This sounds like a really tough situation and we are sorry to hear that you are having to go through this. It sounds like you are trying your best to navigate through options and we are happy to support you further if you call or chat with us. We’re here 24/7.

Good luck and stay safe,
                  NRS

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Up set

I can't get a ID or a ssc with no picture I'd what do I do

Comment

re: Up set

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

So, we are not sure what the proper actions to getting this type of paperwork is, but the agency that would be able to refer you into the right direction is the Social Security Administration, their number is 1-800-722-1213.

We wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you decide to do and hope all goes well.

Best,

NRS

Comment

Hi im currently 16 years old. I dont have a birth certificate and i need one to get a job that almost hired me but didnt because i didnt have an ID, birth certificate, or social security. I only live with my stepmom. Can she get it for me or do my real parents have too? I am no longer in touch with them

Comment

RE:

Hello Michelle,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are in a tough situation. Your step mom should be able to help you get your documents. You will probably need to go to your local office of vital records or contact the hospital where you were born. You will also have to go to the social security office. It might be difficult to get your documents without some kind of identification to start out with. Is there anyone who might have your birth certificate who you could call? It sounds like you are not in touch with your parents, but if they have your documents, it might be worth reaching out to them. It sounds like a really difficult situation, and we are here to help however we can. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us any time! We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.

Comment

No ID

I'm 18 and I've recently left home and my job waiting tables. I really need to get another job but I don't have my photo ID, which I need to get my birth certificate. I need the BC so that I can get a replacement ID, mine got stolen.

Comment

RE: No ID

Hello there -

Thank you for getting into touch with us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. From your post on our public bulletin board, it sounds like you’re trying to get a birth certificate but you don’t have all the information that you need. Now this is not something that we normally deal with, so our knowledge on the subject is very limited. Each state has its own set of rules and fees for ordering certified birth certificates and other records. Rules, ordering instructions and fees for all 50 states, the District of Columbia and all other U.S states can be found here (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w.htm). Perhaps you can get in touch with your local county clerk’s office and they might be able to tell you a more solid answer on what is acceptable to obtain your birth certificate.

Good luck!

Comment

How to get birth certificate

I wonder how to get birth Certicate from FLorida. I was born there and I'm 20 soon to be 21. I have no parent and my uncle lost it so I not living with him anymore cuz he kicked out. All I have is my SS card. I did had sent in info and order the birth certificate and all it said I need is a photo copy. I don't have a home. I am living with my half brothers and their dad. I trying to go to tech school for free so I can get a job. What can I do to get birth certificate?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                x
                                Working...
                                X