Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Life is hard for me

Hi there,

It sounds like you are going through a rough time! Unless it's a typo, it sounds like you do have your birth certificate but someone stole your ID. Maybe you can call us just to clarify how we can help you? Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY? We are here 24/7 and are totally confidential and anonymous. We don't track calls and are a safe place to talk no matter what's going on. You can also use our Live Chat option by clicking on the red button at the upper right hand side of the main page of our website at www.1800runaway.org. Live Chat is open from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Time.

We hope to hear from you!
    Last edited by ccsmod13; 02-05-2015, 11:26 PM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

no birth certificate

I am trying to get my I.d. but I have no birth certificate, I do however have my ssc. My mom is the only one on the birth certificate but she doesn't have an id either so how would I do this. This will be my first i.d. im 18

Comment

RE: Birth certificate

Hello,

Thank you for getting into contact with us here at the National Runaway Safeline. From what you have told us about your situation, it sounds like you’re going through a difficult time trying to get your I.D. Unfortunately here at NRS we actually don’t have information on how to receive a state ID without your birth certificate. Perhaps you can contact you local DMV or research online based on your state to see what other forms of identification is acceptable to get an ID.

You can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here: http://www.nrschat.org:88/chat/UserP...&d=&u=&bypass=

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NRSOnlineServicesSurvey
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

no id

I urgently need to obtain my birth certificate because I don't have an id and a mailing address ...I know my ssc number but without a a photo id or mailing address its very difficult to get it ....my mother lost my birthcertificate and we are no longer talking. I need it to advance in school and to obtain a job. I was born in Arkansas

Comment

Re: no id

Hello,

We’re glad you reached out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are trying really hard to obtain your birth certificate and are having a very difficult time without I.D. We aren’t legal experts; however, without an I.D., mailing address, or involvement from your mother we imagine that makes it tough.
            It sounds like you’ve already done some research, but you might still find this link helpful: http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/prog...thRecords.aspx.

Another option might be checking with the hospital where you were born if you have that information.
            Good luck!

Comment

I'm skrewed

I am in a bad way I am in need of a birthcertificat, ssc, and a state ID what am I suppost to do.

Comment

Re: I'm skrewed

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are very stressed and do not know what to do. For this type of information, we encourage you to contact the Social Security Administration and see what you can do in order to get these documents. Their number is 1-800-772-1213. If they are not able to help you, then they should be able to guide you as to what to do.

If this does not work out for you or if you just need someone to talk to, feel free to reach out to us again. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY and we are available 24/7. We also have live chat sessions every day from 4:30 PM to 11:30 PM CST.

We wish you the best of luck,

NRS
                Last edited by ccsmod13; 02-05-2015, 11:27 PM.

Comment

help

I know my social security number but I have no physical identification my dads not helping and my mother's the reason I'm having this problem

Comment

Re: how to get birth certificate without id

Hello again,

We imagine it is frustrating having so many challenges getting your paperwork (birth certificate, SS card, etc.) together. We aren't experts, but you might find the requirements for getting a new birth certificate on your state department's website. Hopefully that helps!

Comment

need help

Hello I recently moved from the state I was born in and am trying to get an id from the state where I now reside. I was recently in a car accident and didn't know my licence was suspended so they confiscated it before I had the chance to get a copies of my birth certificate and have everything switched over .. Now I have to start from square I have everything else I need to get an id except for the birth certificate and both my parents are incarcerated and can not help me I have tried everything I can think of but can't seem to get anywhere if you could help me that would be great if not I don't know what else to do I even tried to order it online but don't have a credit card in my name to do so .. I need and id to do everything and a birth certificate to get it please help

Comment

re: need help

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline, it seems like you are going through a pretty tough time at this point in your life. Just know that we will try our best to help you.

So, to start off, we want you to know that we are not legal experts here so we cannot speak on behalf of how every state would handle this type of situation. It seems like one of your options would be to reach out to the Social Security Administration, you can contact them at 1-800-222-1222. They would be able to provide you with more information as well as answer any questions you might have.

Another option would be to contact the hospital in which you were born in and ask what the process would be in order to get your birth certificate. It seems like it would be pretty hard, considering your parents are not around, but by contacting them, you would be able to ask questions regarding the steps to obtain the birth certificate.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we are here 24/7 and would be more than happy to assist you with your questions in the best way we can. Good luck with whatever it is you decide to do.

Stay strong,

NRS

Comment

birth certificate

I was born in California at home and my parents never got me a birth certificate but I have all my school transcripts since preschool and my shot records that proves I been living here all my life how do I go about getting my birth certificate ?

Comment

RE: Birth certificate

Hello,
                            Thank you for reaching out. We don’t handle legal matters here but we can speak generally. You may have to contact the county you live in and ask the specific process involved in getting a new birth certificate. Typically you need to complete a birth certificate request form and provide some form of ID. Hope this helps.
                            NRS

Comment

Need social security card and birth certificate for my son

Hey I have a 2 year old son but I'm not legally the father, I am biologically the father due to an over the counter DNA test. The mom won't release social security number or card, insurance card, birth certificate, or medical records to me even though I've been raising, providing, supporting him for the past 5 months. I'd really like to be able to obtain this information without needing attorneys or court dates... Can anybody help me?

Comment

RE: Need social security card and birth certificate for my son

Hello.
                                Thank you for reaching out to us. We aren’t legal experts here but we can speak generally. Generally those documents would be released to his legal guardian. That is something that you can file for. You can try going to your DMV or another government service office and see what they can do for you but typically the rights to that information would be reserved for his legal guardian. We hope this helped. Good luck.
                                NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                x
                                Working...
                                X