No announcement yet.

how to get birth certificate without id

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I need help no type of identification or photo id or birth certificate or licence.....

    Hi, i just turned 18 and i need identification so I need help I've been trying to get my birth certificate and ID for the past 6 months so I can get a job and get somewhere in life I've been trying so hard and it all just seems like a circle everything needs one of the other to get like ID needs birth certificate birth certificate needs form of ID social needs form of ID passport needs ID and i lost all my info do to a fire and my parents are all the way in California 1500 miles from me cause I'm in Idaho and they don't have any thing for me and I can't really ever get a hold of them but I just wanna get my life together and start working and doing things......
    Last edited by ccsmod6; 02-14-2019, 07:49 PM.


    • ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there, thanks for contacting National Runaway Safeline. We’re sorry you are having such a difficult time getting ID and not being able to do the things you want to do without it. It may be beneficial to contact or visit your local DMV office and ask what you can do regarding this matter. In some states, you are able to use a lease, a W-2 from place of employment, or a paystub to prove identification and get a new ID. There is also the option of going to your vital records office in the state you were born in order to get your birth certificate. It seems it would be difficult in your current circumstance (if you were not born in Idaho where you currently are) but, if you are able to get to that vital office, that is an option for you. It is great you are motivated to start working and doing the things you want to do. There are a few employment programs in Idaho you may be interested in, if you should feel you need some assistance. We would be more than happy to assist you with looking into some options as well as assisting you with locating your local DMV or vital office. Please, feel free to give us a call at any time by dialing our 24/7 hotline 1800-RUNAWAY or chat with us live at

      We wish you the very best.

  • Can i get a. Birth certificate with a expire id


    • ccsmod8
      ccsmod8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there –

      Thank you for reaching out to us here on our public forum. Hopefully by helping you out through your crisis, there are others going through something similar can also get the help that they need.

      Now this is not something that we normally deal with, so our knowledge on the subject is very limited. Each state has its own set of rules and fees for ordering certified birth certificate and other records. Rules, ordering instructions and fees for all 50 states, the District of Columbia and all other U.S states can be found here ( Perhaps you can get in touch with your local county clerk’s office and they might be able to tell you a more solid answer on what is acceptable to obtain your birth certificate. You also might be able to reach out to your school or talk to someone in admissions if you are still going to school, they might have a copy of your birth certificate on record from when you registered in school the first time. It might come down to you just having to renew your ID first and then going from there to get other documents that you need.

      Best of luck!

  • I'm currently 15 years old in Virginia. I need a way to get a birth certificate or ID when I don't have anything. I may be able to get a school identification, but other than that, there's nothing.


    • Hello, thank you for reaching out during this difficult time. This could be a difficult process without identification and varies from state to state. You will need to contact the vital records office in the states that you were born in. One option would be to contact the hospital you were born at and ask to speak to the records department. They may be able to give you instruction and offer alternative forms of paperwork. If you are born in the US, here is a helpful link
      Best of luck and contact us at any time at 1-800-RUNAWAY if you have additional questions.
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

      National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


      • I recently took in a “teen” she’s 19, who has no form of identification. She never got an ID, her parents won’t give her her birth certificate or SS card and we’re jumping through hoops all the way around and in a catch 22 because you can’t get an ID without proof of who you are, but can’t get that without an ID, and round and round we go. I can’t apply for assistance for her, she can’t get any medical records without an ID because everything she ever had done are considered “minor records” and need to be signed off on by her parents, which won’t happen. I’m not really sure what I can do for her and I seem to be running out of options. If anyone has any advice on what I can do or how I can go about this, please let me know.


        • Hi im 16 and is there a way to get my social and birthcertifcate without my parents knowing?


          • ccsmod10
            ccsmod10 commented
            Editing a comment
            The process for getting a copy of your birth certificate can vary from state-to-state, but you are often not able to order a duplicate copy of your birth certificate if you are under 18. If you'd like us to find out more specifics, you can live chat us at, call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, or write another forum post with a bit more detail. We're here to help as best we can.
        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp