No announcement yet.

how to get birth certificate without id

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there I'm over 18 I have my social security card and my id but it's expired and from another state but I need to get a id for the state I'm in now and my birth certificate, how can I get them? Thanks.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. You should be able to get an id from your local DMV. You can get a copy of your birth certificate by calling a social security office from the state that you previously lived in. They should be able to send you a copy via mail. Good Luck.

• Hi my name is Enrique I’m from San Antonio i left home at 16 never had my documents but I’m a manager for a restaurant I have w2 forms and know my social have a debit card proof of residency and check stubs but I don’t have my birth certicste or if or any real document with a picture I’m 21 and really need to get on the ball what should I do????

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, it looks like you've reached out to us through another platform. Please feel free to reach out to us again by phone if necessary.

• Hi, I'm trying to obtain all of my records (birth certificate, id, ssc, etc) but I was adopted and my adoptive parents refuse to give up the info. that being said, i dont have any id except an old high school id, but apparently you need two forms, which I don't have, and the person at the office said that my I'd is not valid, but someone else said it was. Please explain how to obtain my info without any identification at all.

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. If you are over 18 and don’t have access to your birth certificate, you can request a copy at your local vital records office. If you are under 18, your legal guardian should have your birth certificate. If you want to talk more specifically about the situation to brainstorm some options, please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929.

• Im pregnant i have no id nor birth cert my mom don't want me on my own wat can i do to get an id and im 18 years old

Comment

• ccsmod11
      ccsmod11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. It definitely seems like you're in a difficult bind, being pregnant but struggling to gain independence and replace a birth certificate/ID. We're not legal experts, and ultimately, this is a legal question. Hopefully this website can help you find a resource more equipped to help with this situation: https://www.usa.gov/replace-vital-documents

Best,
      NRS

• My friend was kicked out of her house and is now staying with a family member, she needs to get a job, etc. to do that she needs a license, and to get a license a social security and birth certificate. Her family won’t give her anything. What should she do first and how?

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are sorry to hear that your friend got kicked out of her house. It is unfortunate that her family won't give her, her important documentation. She could go to a local social security office or court house and request copies of her documents. The copies may cost about $20 but she should call first to be sure. Hopefully this website can help you find a resource more equipped to help with this situation: https://www.usa.gov/replace-vital-documents. If you have any other questions, please contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

• Hey , I don’t have a mother she doesn’t take care of me & I don’t have a legal guardian neither but I’m trying to get my ID. I can’t get my ID without my birth certificate which I don’t have. I’m only 17 but the birth certificate said I need to be 18 or have an adult. Do you guys have information that could help me get my Birth certificate ASAP !!!!????

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there -

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can.

Now this is not something that we normally deal with, so our knowledge on the subject is very limited. Each state has its own set of rules and fees for ordering certified birth certificate and other records. Rules, ordering instructions and fees for all 50 states, the District of Columbia and all other U.S states can be found here (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w.htm). Perhaps you can get in touch with your local county clerk’s office and they might be able to tell you a more solid answer on what is acceptable to obtain your birth certificate. Sometime according to the Department of Health’s Office of Vital Records website it looks like a sibling or grandparent could request your birth certificate if neither parent is an option. This depends on which city and state you are from, so trying looking up the Department of Health’s Office of Vital Records for your state. Another idea would be to contact your past high school to see if they have any of that information recorded somewhere in their records from when you first enrolled.

Hope that this information helps!

• My daughter is a runaway and wants to come home but has no I'd I can't send her money to get on a plane or bus ...please help us

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes courage to seek help. It sounds like your daughter wants to return home but has no id. We have a program called home free in which we partner with Greyhound to help youth return home. Please contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929) for more information.

• Hey my grandma has never had a birth certificate or Id and she can't get her Id without birth certificate and she can't get birth certificate without Id so what do we do

Comment

• Reply: Hey my grandma has never had a birth certificate

Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
      We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      You might consider talking with someone from the state’s office for records in your area.
      You can also try online with the social Security office and see what else might be acceptable to get a duplicate copy of their card. Same thing would probably be necessary for a Birth certificate.

We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
      NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• I'm asking for a friend. He's an adult and was born in Louisiana. His parents never got him a birth certificate. He needs some form of ID. He was homeschooled and has no school records at all. He needs his birth certificate in order to get his social security number and driver's license. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

• ccsmod3
          ccsmod3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thanks so much for reaching out. It’s great that you’re trying to help out your friend in this way – it can be hard to know where to go to get ID when you have none, but let’s see what we can do.

Each state has its own set of rules and fees for ordering certified birth certificates and other records. Rules, ordering instructions and fees for all 50 states, the District of Columbia and all other U.S states can be found here (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w.htm). Perhaps you can get in touch with your local county clerk’s office and they might be able to tell you a more solid answer on what documents are necessary to obtain your birth certificate. Other things that you can try is to contact the vital recorder office in your city and state to try to order a duplicate birth certificate or have another adult (usually family) help request one for you.

Hope that helps! If you have any further questions you can always post again, chat us via our website, or call us at 1-800-786-2929 – we’re open 24/7 and are fully confidential. Good luck,

NRS

• Daughters birth certificate

Hi im trying to get my daughter's birth certificate but I do not have mine and I do not have an id and her father is not on anything and is not around but I can not get my birth certificate because I was in foster care and between foster care and my aunt getting guardianship of me we have no idea where my birth certificate is or could be ....please help I have tried everything

Comment

• Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We're sorry to hear about how much trouble you are having trying to obtain birth certificates. There is some information about obtaining IDs on the National Network for Youth website: https://www.nn4youth.org/learn/resources/state_ids/
          They might also be able to help with birth certificates. Perhaps that link can assist you. You may also be able to contact the Vital Records office of the city you were born in to get a copy of your birth certificate. We have heard some people have success that way.

Best,

NRS
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

• I'm from Indiana and I have a same case with someone else I read about on here, I'm nineteen and my mom, since my real dad is in jail, has been refusing to help me get my documentations, and on other accounts has been neglectful to my brothers and I. She let her boyfriend at the time burn all of our documentations, and ever since then hasn't tried to get any of the documents acquired. I am seeing if I can take her to court, and I'm not a runaway she kicked me out. So I just need two questions answered, Can I take her to court for refusal to help me get my documentation to further my education and start working? Or can I not?

Comment

• Reply: I'm from Indiana

Hello,
              Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission.
              For more specifics on the law, you might consider contacting the local non-emergency phone number to the police or a legal aid agency or office to gain answers for legal questions.

If you would like to talk more about your situation contact us at 1-800- Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org

Take care,
              NRS

Comment

• I'm 16 and ran away from home to a different state and I'm staying with a friend who's over 18. He wants to help get me a job but I don't have an ID and he says I can't get a job without one. I know my SS but don't have it or my birth certificate on me.
                How much trouble could my friend get into for letting me stay with him and how could I get my ID to get a job? And if I do get a job will the cops find out and take me back to my parents?

Comment

• ccsmod15
                  ccsmod15 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It takes a lot of courage to reach out in a time of need- and we will try our best to help.
                  To answer your first question regarding your friend getting in trouble: we are by no means legal experts, but we do know that your friend runs the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. This is no automatic, but would result in your guardians pressing charges against your friend.
                  Regarding trying to get an ID- your best bet is to call into your local DMV and ask what type of documents are needed. We can’t say with certainty whether or not getting a job would prompt a visit from the police, but if your guardians filed a runaway report and you were to encounter police, they would have to return you home. Everyone’s runaway situation is different, but if you were to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY we could explore options and make sure you are safe.
                  Take care,
                  NRS
              Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x
              Working...
              X