No announcement yet.

I Need to get away from my parents. I'm scared of them.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I Need to get away from my parents. I'm scared of them.

    I need to get away from my parents. It really bad.
    Hi, i'm 15, and I live in ******. I've been waiting to get away from my parents since I could remember. They've hurt me and many way, and done so for my entire life. I don't live in a good home. I live in a room, my siblings and mom all live in this small room. I've tried to kill myself because of my parents. They always say how much they wish they didnt have me, and have threatened to abandon me. I don't know what to do, and have thought of ways to put myself into foster care. I've tried talking to them but they won't listen, and refuse to change. I just want to be far away from them.
    I really need help.
    Last edited by ccsmod3; 02-20-2021, 12:50 AM. Reason: Edited to maintain confidentiality

  • #2
    Hey there, and thanks for contacting NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you took that step. It sounds like things have really been tough for you, and we're sorry to hear that your parents are hurting you. If you feel as though you are at risk of being physically hurt, it might be a good idea to reach out to Child Protective Services and file an abuse report. Their job is to ensure that you're safe in your home, and if you're not, to decide what steps should be taken in order to make sure that you are. If this is something that you're interested in doing, you can file a report on your own, by contacting us here at NRS for support, or by telling a safe person of the abuse (like a teacher, school counselor, therapist, etc.). Each person that I've listed is considered a Mandated Reporter and has a legal obligation to contact CPS when there are any suspicions or indications of abuse. If you'd prefer to file a report on your own, you can find your local CPS agency by Googling your state along with Child Protective Services. Their website will instruct you on how to file a report, though you can usually do so by calling the listed hotline. We know that this can be a scary process, so please remember that we're here for you if you need any support in thinking it through or making a report. You can also contact Child Help, which is a child abuse hotline. You can text or call them at 1-800-422-4453 or chat with them live at

    If you find that you're continuing to have thoughts of hurting yourself, you can also reach out to us for support. You're not alone, and we will work with you through those feelings to ensure you're getting the support you need. You can also reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for support by calling 1-800-273-8255 or by chatting with them live, 24/7, at

    If you'd like to chat in more detail about what's going on, please feel free to reach out to us directly by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY or by chatting with us live at We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

    Take care.


    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    • #3
      hi i'm 12 and i have adhd so i have to take medicine called dexstroenpamaine and gives me depression i'm so afraid of my perents hitting me that i get dayshavo about it and it makes me want to avoid them i have also been through sexual abuse when i was 6 months old and 3 years old and it makes me think that i'm nothing but a big mastake and i'm still mentaly hurt from it and it made a dent in my head and i can't forget about it


      • ccsmod5
        ccsmod5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

        Thank you for reaching out. We understand it can be difficult at times, we hope to help as best we can. . We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
        Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
        One really great resource for all survivors of sexual assault or abuse is RAINN (Rape Abuse Incest National Network). You can call them any time 24/7 at 1-800-656-4673, or go to to use their online hotline. RAINN is the National Sexual Assault Hotline and has a lot of services, support and resources that you may find helpful. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk.
        We thank you for sharing with us how you have been feeling, and what’s been going on. Please know that you are not a mistake, and we are here to listen and support you. You do not in any way deserve any of what happened to you.

        Stay strong,
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp