Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• verbal and mental abuse

I've been struggling with verbal and mental abuse from my mom ever since I moved to another state in 4th grade, along with physical, and it's really too much to deal with. I've become suicidal and i just want to die whenever she yells at me because she fills my mind with such negative things, like calling me a waste of space or slow. I just want to run away or kill myself, but I don't want to leave behind my friends who are going through almost the same thing in their household. i don't know what to do.

Hello There,
    Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now and we want you to know that you are not alone.
    You do not deserve to be abused and we are sorry that you are going through that right now. You do have the right to file an abuse report and there are a few ways to go about doing that. One option would be to call Child Help at 1800-422-4453, and they would be able to help with filing an abuse report. Another option would be to talk with a school counselor or a trusted teacher because they are mandated reporters they would be able to help with making a report. Lastly, you can always call or chat with us 24/7 and we would be happy to help you make an abuse report.
    Suicide is a scary thought, and you are not alone there is always someone willing to listen and willing to provide support for you. You can always call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at : 1800-273-8255. You are important and you are worth living!
    We know you mentioned wanting to run away, we are not legal experts but we do have some information on the laws. If you were to leave home without permission your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they most likely would bring you back home. You could consider asking any friends or other family members if you could stay with them.
    We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here for you 24/7, we wish you the best of luck!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X