Running Away to japan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Away to japan

I’m 11, and I want to run away and completely disappear. My mom gets mad at me for the smallest things and threatens to punch me in the face and knock all my teeth out. She throws things at me like bottles of pills and she throws oranges at me not only that, she mentally, physically and emotionally hurts me this morning she yelled at me for forgetting to bring my jacket and right now she yelled at me for forgetting to bring the white bag of pillows in her trunk. She’s very two faced also, she tells her friends about how terrible I am and she always thinks I’m lying because she knows I’m right and sometimes I don’t give her an attitude and she hits me for it. I plan leaving today or tomorrow early in the morning on my way to school I want to go to Japan and change my identity and learn Japanese maybe live in an orphanage and change my name too but I don’t know how to get there.. please help I can’t stand this anymore I just want to live happily in Japan.

Hey there and thanks for contacting us here at NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you decided to reach out. It sounds like things at home have been pretty tough for you, and we're sorry to hear that.

You mentioned that your mom throws things at you and physically hurts you. If you're experiencing any sort of physical abuse at home, it might be a good idea to consider filing an abuse report with your local Child Protective Services (CPS) agency. Their job is to ensure that you're safe in your home, and if you're not, to decide what steps should be taken in order to make sure that you are. If this is something that you're interested in doing, you can file a report on your own, by contacting us here at NRS for support, or by telling a safe person of the abuse (like a teacher, school counselor, therapist, etc.). Each person that I've listed is considered a Mandated Reporter and have a legal and ethical obligation to contact CPS when there are any suspicions or indications of abuse.

In regards to running away, it's always a good idea to try and have a plan in place--like where you'll go, how you'll get there, and what you'll do to survive when you get there. While traveling to Japan might seem like an intriguing thought, it's important to be aware of the current restrictions that are in place for traveling due to the pandemic, as well as the general restrictions in place for minors traveling. Travel right now (and for the foreseeable future) is incredibly different than what it once was. For example, before you can board a flight, you have to show proof that you do not have COVID. Additionally, most entry into Japan is not allowed at this time. It's a very complex time, so really traveling anywhere (especially by plane/train) requires a lot of research and an understanding of how things are operating in the face of the pandemic, which can also change at any given moment. It's also important to keep in mind that due to your age, you'll likely need parental consent (or a legal guardian/person over 1 in order for you to travel anywhere.

All that said, it might be a good idea to spend some more time thinking about your next steps. If you'd like to chat in more detail about what's going on at home, explore some of your options, or learn more about filing an abuse report with CPS, please feel free to reach out to us directly here at NRS. We're available 24/7 and can be reached by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY or by live chat on our website at www.1800runaway.org. We're always happy to listen, and to help.

Take care.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X