Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we’re 12 and need help

So me and my friend are gonna runaway soon, her issues are her dad yells at her a lot, threatened her, and her brother abuses her. Myn are my mom left me when I was four never came back, I feel unwelcome in my own home, I’m not beat or anything but it hurts. We have a plan to make money but right now we have 130$ we need to know if it’s a good idea to leave in the middle of winter??

Hi, we are glad you reached out to us.

It sounds like things at home are very tough for both you and your friend. It makes sense that you want to be in a home where you feel wanted and cared for. We totally understand that running away seems like a good option right now. However, there are a lot of logistics and other considerations for having a safe and workable plan out of your house especially when you are 12 years old. We are a non-directive agency-that means we don’t tell you to do this or that. Instead, we help you come up with a plan that works and feels right for you. We help you look at all your options and consider the practical and safety aspects of those for your unique situation (things like being 12 years old, resources in your area, family dynamics and being the middle of winter). We would like to talk more with you (and your friend) and help you figure out next steps and a plan. You can reach us for a chat anytime through our web site or call us 24/7 on our crisis hotline at 1 (800) RUNAWAY.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Good luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X