No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question

    I’ve been living with my single mother my whole life . I have older siblings and younger . My oldest brother has put his hands on me before recently . Insulted me . Spit on my face . Always hit me growing up . He’s my moms oldest son . And since we don’t have a dad he’s “the man of the house “ he has his wife and kids living at my moms house . I can’t stand it anymore how he just manipulates me and makes me feel like I’m nothing . I want to move in with my boyfriend . I’m 17 turning 18 in 2 days . Can I leave now .

  • #2
    Hey there. Thanks for contacting NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you took that step. It definitely sounds like things at home (particularly with your brother), have been difficult, and we're sorry to hear that. You don't deserve that sort of treatment. While we can't tell you exactly what you can/cannot do, it's important for you to be safe. If you're feeling unsafe at home because your brother is there, and you have a safe place to go to, it's not a bad idea to consider. If you'd like to chat in more detail about what's going on and share more of your exact concerns around leaving home, please feel free to reach out to us directly by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY or by chatting with us live at We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

    Take care.

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp