Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to run away from my homophobic family

My whole family is homophobic well from what i know they all are homophobic.My mom found out im bi and yelled and got mad at me for it and i started to plan a plan to run away i have 120 or 130 bucks i can use but i dont know if i should or not.

Thank you for contacting NRS. It sounds like you are in a very difficult situation and we’re glad you reached out to us. No one deserves to be yelled at for honestly talking about their sexuality. It is your parent’s responsibility to provide a safe and supportive environment for you. A potential resource is The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) National Help Center at www.glbthotline.org. You can contact the LGBT National Youth Talkline at (88246-7743. They have volunteers available to talk with you and to suggest resources that may be helpful to you. At NRS our main goal is to see that you are safe and off the street. If you leave home have you considered where you would go? How would you support yourself? Do you have friends or family that you are comfortable talking to about your situation? Do you have a teacher or counselor you are comfortable talking to? They may have advice or ideas that may be helpful to you. We’re not legal experts, but we can provide some basic information that may be helpful to you. Running away is not illegal. If you run away, your parents can file a runaway report. If you are picked up by the police they will likely take you back home. You should know that if you are staying with someone and you are picked up there, they could be charged with harboring a runaway. The way the police handle runaway and harboring cases varies from place to place. If you call the non-emergency number of your local police department they may be able to tell you how they handle runaway and harboring cases. If you are uncomfortable making the call, you can call us and one of our volunteers can make the call with or for you. You can also always call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We have volunteers available 24/7 to talk and to help you find resources that may be helpful to you.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X