I’m 15 and I want to move away to somewhere I can feel safe or happy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m 15 and I want to move away to somewhere I can feel safe or happy

I’m 15 and ever since I was young my brother always hurt me and brought me down mentally and every time we fought my parents always thinks I begin it and I just feel like running away and living somewhere else safe. Is there anything I can do. I feel like ending it all but don’t want to go to hell.

Hey there. Thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. We know that it can take a lot to reach out for support, and we're glad you took that step. It sounds like you're having a tough time, and we're sorry to hear that. You don't deserve to be hurt or brought down mentally by your brother. When working through situations where your mental health is affected and it's creating some negative thoughts, it's a good idea to have someone to talk to, like a therapist or a social worker. Not only are they safe people to talk to, but they can also help provide you with the tools and resources you might need to cope with some of the challenges you're experiencing--even in developing a better relationship with your family. If therapy is something that you're open to, feel free to reach out to us for referrals to some professionals nearby that might be able to help. You can also try touching base with a teacher or going directly to a school social worker for support.

If you're feeling like you might hurt yourself, please contact your local law enforcement for support. The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is also a resource that might be worth reaching out to for support, resources, or just for someone to talk to. You can reach them by calling 800-950-6264 or by texting "NAMI" to 741741, which is their crisis text line. Another good resource when struggling with thoughts of self harm is the National Suicide Prevention Hotline. You can reach them by calling 1-800-273-8255 or by chatting with them at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

If you'd like to chat more about what's going on at home, how you're feeling, or talk through some of your options, know that we're here. You can reach us directly by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY or through our live chat at www.1800runaway.org. We're available 24/7, and are always happy to listen, and to help.

Take care.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X