•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod1
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. Your mom's actions are not ok and it's very worrisome to hear that you are being subjected to such violence. If you are currently at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

You mentioned that your mom's abuse has pushed you to think about suicide. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Guest replied
    my mom hates me and she was kicking me and punching my because i fell asleep and she beat me with a cord im thinking about killing myself

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Thank you for your response to another user’s post. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services.

Thank you, NRS

Guest replied
    Originally posted by ;n753
    I went into my sisters room and told her about this new rap that I made. She was about to go to sleep but then asked me to stay and tell her it. Then I was like I can't unless I rap it to the beat. So she's talking and then my mom comes in she's like pissed off and says we have to wake up in six hours! ect. I was like ok I'm just telling her something. Then she goes to my room and swings it open saying shut off your pc. I was like I'm not on the internet I'm only listening to my music, and I was. Then she left and then my sister and I went into my room. We were laughing quietly because I was nervous then I was rapping and here comes my mom after a few minutes. She had a crazy look on her face and she's like get out. I was like get out of my room, I'm showing her a song. Then I swore at her when she was saying responses to me. Then she came up to me and held her fist up and I raised my pen and told her to get away. Then she punched me right in the side of my face after I stood up. Then I went after her and I didn't even get at her that much and I grabbed her hair to have her get away. Then after that she yanked my hair, almost all of it and then when I was trying to stand up she clocked me right again straight on the right side of my face. It was full force then she clipped her knuckle into my right front tooth and it felt like it almost broke. My sister was trying to break it up and I just said stuff to my mom as she hid back in the kitchen and I walked to the couch where she was sleeping and pulled all the cutions out and went to my room. My face hurts so bad that tears whelmed in my eyes. I'm not a weak person but she got me good. I'm so mad. What should I do?

Also my jaw was already in pain since I have tmj. Now it hurts so much now. I can't open my mouth.
    REPLY:

Hi there,
    Thank you for sharing that story. I am so sorry you are going through this. Some tips to have your parents(mom), not go crazy, is to obey them. I know, it is hard and frustrating! But if you obey, and respect your parents, you will not get hurt or get abused. If you get punched again, and you did not swear at ur mom or did nothing wrong and all of a sudden she punshes you, that means she is abusive and you need to call the abusive hotline, look up the number and have that number with you, in case something like this happens again. I have gotten hit hard, by hand, but I haven't gotten exactly "punched" but I have gotten slapped and stuff for no reason. So I wish you luck, and if this happens again, contact this website again, or call the hotline.

God bless you and I really hope you have a good life

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,

Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen.
    It sounds like you are going through a difficult time and we want you to know that you are not alone. What you have described could be abuse and you have every right to make a report. If you are in danger or need medical attention asap, please contact 911. If you would like to make a report you can contact Child Help at 1800-422-4453. You can also call or chat with us and we can help with making a report. You do not deserve to be abused and we are sorry you are dealing with that.
    We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore your options please call or chat with us. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    I have had the same experience. last night my mom took my phone and checked it...and next thing i knew she dragged me out my room and she punched me...i felt something crunchy in my mouth then i noticed my teeth was chipped...i mean she could just taken the phone and beat me with a belt but she didn't have to punch me

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    one day i was at my mom house then, my mom just flipped my bed over cause i didnt clean up then i just started crying then she started yelling then i tried to tell her why then she punched me in my face.My mothers other son got mad that i said that i wish she was dead in her face the he punched me i punched him back the outta no where she slams me. Then she keeps beating she hit me kicked me and choked me calling me a ********** and a ********** ass nigga also saying she regrets having me and how i ruined her life. I was and still am suicidal and she doesnt care. I was smoking cigs cause i am depressed and then she caught cause one fell out my pocket. she said im just a ********** then start beating on me. So im gonna run away tonight

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I was in the car with my mom and brother and I was in the front seat while my mom was driving. It was dark out and I wanted to read my book that I have to read because it’s due within a few days so I turned the flashlight on my phone and read. She yelled at me at the top of her lungs and asked me to turn it off and I was very stressed that I had to read the big book within a few days so I asked if I could cover the light with my finger so it dims down and she said fine. We then went through a sharp turn and I accidentally dropped my phone and the light shined upwards throughout the car. She screamed at me so loudly I cannot even describe how loud it was. She punched me three times in my arm and continued to scream. My brother did nothing. I feel like everyone hates me. No one is there for me. Even my siblings hate me and I’m the youngest child. I just feel so hated and alone and I can’t do this anymore. This isn’t the first time something like this has happened. It happens almost every night. I sometimes even catch my mom asleep on her bed holding a bottle of wine or liquor all the time. It makes me so upset.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. We are sorry you are going through a difficult time. If you feel like this could be abuse you can always contact Child Help and make a report. They can be reached at 1800-422-4453.
    We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. We wish you thes best of luck!

NRS

Guest replied
    she just punched me too

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here at NRS, and for sharing a bit about what happened. It is never okay for a parent to react to a disagreement by escalating to physical violence. You do not deserve to be hit or punched for not wanting to go somewhere.

We truly want to be a support for you during this difficult time. If you would like to talk more in-depth about your situation and explore your options, we are here 24/7 to listen and help as much as possible. You can reach out by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at 1800runaway.org. We look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can help.

Stay safe and stay strong,
    NRS

Guest replied
    My mom just punched me in my head because i said i wasnt going with he anymore

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod16
    Hi,
    Thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did. Thank you for letting us know how nice your mom is and that it sounds like you like your boyfriend. If your mom really did just punch you, please reach out to us.

If you’d like to talk further about this and you can reach us either by phone at our hotline, 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) or live chat via www.1800runaway.org We are here 24/7 to listen and help.

Sincerely,
    NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X