No announcement yet.

my mom just punched me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my mom hits me and my sister but not my 10 year old sister is that fare?

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there, thanks for reaching out today.

That seems hurtful that your mom hits and your sister and your feelings are valid. Here at NRS, we truly want to support your during this difficult time.

You mentioned that your mom hits you, and that concerns us. If you would like to talk more about what you are experiencing please do not hesitate to call or chat us (1-800-RUNAWAY or www.1800runaway.org). You might have options with reporting any abuse at home, and we can also look up local resources that might be able to help. If you feel safe talking to your mom or a supportive adult, you might let them know how you are feeling. You so deserve to be heard and supported.

We are here 24/7 if you need to talk to anyone or go over your options. You are not alone.

Best of luck,

NRS

• I was outside in a parking lot and my mother punched me so hard that I fell to the ground. She was talking to me and she sad don't look away, and I think she thought I looked away so she punched me.

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for taking the brave step to reach out to NRS and share a bit about your situation. It is never okay for a parent to hit their child and what happened is not your fault. You deserve to be treated in a way that makes you feel safe and cared for.

You deserve to be getting support with this challenging situation. We encourage you to reach out to people that you trust. Sometimes having a safe space to talk about things can help you brainstorm ideas to make your situation better you had not thought of previously. Trusted adults to talk to might include friend's parents, family members, or a counselor at school.

If you are not quite ready to talk to someone in person, there is an organization called Child Help which advocates for young people in abusive or unsafe situations. You can contact them at 1-800-422-4453 or go to childhelp.org to talk more about your options.

We truly want to be a support for you as you decide on your next steps. We are available 24/7 to listen and help as much as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out again by phone or chat if you would like to talk more in-depth about your situation and explore your options. You can contact us by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at www.1800runaway.org.

• My father just came back from his job as a truck driver. He is usually very kind and nice but in the morning he hit brother A (10) for kicking cereal towards my mom. Later in the evening he hit brother A for the same thing and brother B ( for throwing/dropping a bottle of Vaseline towards them. I could hear them screaming and crying, begging my father to stop. He didn’t. It was awful. They’re asleep now as I’m writing this. I don’t know if this is normal in every other household, or just a few. I also don’t know if this is okay or not.

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned your brothers being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You and your brothers don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS

Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

• I'm 16 years old, and just today my mother and I got into an argument. She swatted me on my shoulder, and on reflex, I swatted back at hers, just as hard as she did me (NOT hard) and I shouldn't have done that, I know, that was bratty of me and I wasn't thinking - but in retaliation, she busted me in my face with the back of her fist, asking me over and over again "Are you ********ing serious?", "You think you can hit me?" She busted my lip, and I thought she broke my nose for a second whenever she hit me. My nose is still sore, and she knocked my tooth loose.

My dad died about 6 years ago and he used to spank me whenever I was young, but he never hit my face like that before - whereas Mom does it all the time. She's hit my 10 year old sister in the face multiple times before, like smacking her upside the chin and across her face. Mom never drew blood though, until now. Mom thinks that hitting me like that was completely justified though, she says that she should've "knocked me out" (her words).

She won't listen to reason. If I approach her genuinely and tell her how I feel she'll either laugh me out of the room or start yelling at me. I know she will; tthat's what happened the last time I tried to open up to her like that. She always believes that she's right, and even if she's not, she's not going to admit that she's wrong.

I want her to see consequences, somehow. I don't know if I think she's UNFIT to be a parent, necessarily, but she keeps hitting me and my sister in the face. Every time she gets mad she starts cussing and screaming and starts scolding me or my sister, and from there it very easily turns into her reaching out and smacking. I barricade my door all the time, because whenever she's mad she tries to bust my door down whenever she wants in. She holds grudges, she never apologizes, and when she's mad she gets violent quick. She completely skips past other methods of discipline. I feel like I can't ever leave my room, and I don't have anywhere else to go.

I don't know if I should just suck it up until I can move the out or if there's some other way I can get her to stop. I'm interested in reporting her, but I'm terrified of the outcome. If I reported her it'd put a rift in our family forever, and I'm so close to being 18, I don't know if I should just grit and bear it or what.

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• My mother punched me while I was in a parking lot, she told me to look her n the eyes and she thought Ilooked away and then she punched me so hard that I fell on the ground

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a super difficult time right now.
      You do not deserve to be punched by anyone and we are sorry you had to deal with that. If you believe this to be abuse you do have the right to file an abuse report. You can file an abuse report by contacting Child Help at: 1800-422-4453. You can also call us and we would be happy to help you with an abuse report. If you are in immediate danger please call your local police department.
      We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options, please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck !
      NRS

• My mom is a very nice person
    I have a boyfriend he is a very nice guy and he kiss me on the lips I kiss him to

Comment

• ccsmod16
      ccsmod16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did. Thank you for letting us know how nice your mom is and that it sounds like you like your boyfriend. If your mom really did just punch you, please reach out to us.

If you’d like to talk further about this and you can reach us either by phone at our hotline, 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) or live chat via www.1800runaway.org We are here 24/7 to listen and help.

Sincerely,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X