• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    ccsmod11
    Super Moderator

• ccsmod11
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,

Thanks so much for reaching out to us today. We hear that you’re having problems with your grandparent because she beats you and threatens your life. That can be very scary, and we are glad you contacted us today. Reaching out for help isn’t always easy, but so often is it the first step to making a bad situation better. Hopefully we can help today.

Firstly, you don’t deserve to be treated the way your grandma is treating you. It’s never okay, regardless of any actions or mistakes you may have made, for your family or anyone else to put their hands on you to cause harm. We prioritize your safety, and want to let you know that we are able to file abuse reports to the police and child protective services for youth who request it. This can result in child protective services being sent to your home and removing you from your home to live in a safer environment. We also can simply talk to you about these experiences so that you have the opportunity to unpack these experiences in an anonymous setting. Just call us at 1-800-786-2929.

We also hear that you have considered suicide. Again, we prioritize your safety and we want to give you the opportunity to call us and speak on the experiences you’ve had. Talking can be difficult sometimes, but it provides us all the opportunity to connect with someone else, which keeps us from having to be alone with our problems. We also encourage you to talk to any friends or trusted individuals you know about these problems.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Guest replied
    My grandma beats up on me for no reason like a couple days ago she started beating me and i said what is that 4 and she said 4 being u ive tried to kill my self once and runaway twice but i always get caught and taken back home i dont want to die but im scared to go to my house everyday thinking todays the day she is going to snap and kill me

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Super Moderator

• ccsmod0
    Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you and your mother have a complicated relationship but you are certain that you want to move out. We want you to know that no one has the right to hurt you in any kind of way. Unfortunately the National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.
    We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country. Additionally if you are thinking about leaving home it could be a good idea to consider steps you can take towards independence might be to find employment if you don’t have an income, or to save up money for moving expenses. It is also helpful to research rents in your area, find a roommate, or make a budget. Another thing you might want to consider is what kinds of things you depend on your parents for currently such as tuition expenses for school, or health insurance, and whether they would continue to provide those things after you leave. There may be social service agencies in your area that can help meet some of these needs, such as Transitional Living Programs, a kind of shelter where young adults can live and get services to help them transition to independent living. Moving is a huge step, and you don’t have to be alone.
    We wish you the best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hello I'm 19 from London, England. I came across this because I was just beat up by my mum, and needed to see id I was on my own with this. And I'm not on my own but I really need advice because there is seriously mo one that I can talk to. Okay, i have a 21 years old sister but we have not got that bond that I know a lot of sisters have, the protective supportive sister i. Could not keep secrets with her she doesn't like me like that at all in fact if o tell her anything she can't help but tell mum later when I asked her to keep it secret. So she's off the list for trusting understand people. My mother she's like my best friend and that's hard because we always argue and it leads to physical sometimes. It gets physical because she's will say something to annoy upset and give me doubts, I'm an anxious person who can't help but take her mothers opinions in deep, she has emotional personality disorder which I understand but it is not a bonus in our relationship. Anyways I feel she can't help but be negative about EVERYTHING I do or haven't done for example. If I'm not in a job she will make me feel like the bummiest lazy no life person there is or if I tell her about my boyfriend troubles best believe she'll be throwing it back on my face and telling me " he didn't even want me Because I'm not loyal to my family fat ugly or anything to really take away my self esteem and how I think about myself. She will say something like this if I have annoyed her, she admit that the problems I give her are only expanded because of her mental illness. I can't even get it all out there is way to much turmoil I'd rather talk in person but I can't because there isn't anyone it's just my mum we don't have any family but her AHHAHHHH I'm UPSETN now I don't think it's fair I'm sitting her with a black eye right now i need help I JUST Cmd from a hostel because things weren't good there's even worse, I'm abused I try to keep my head up higher because I'm a confident loving and caring person but if I was to relocate my mum that she's was tell I'm not because I don't treat her right NOTHING IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR HER BELIEVE ME SHE HAS TOLD ME NOTHING INDO IS GOOD ENOUGH, KM A BURDEN SJE WISHED SJE ABORTED ME MY DAD KNEW I WAS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM THATS WHY HE DECISED TO LEAVE ME AT TWO TO BE A CRACKHEAD. THIS IS THR ******** I AM SUBJECTED TO NEWRLY EVERYDAY AND ITS GRATING ON ME, ALL I WANT TO DO OS JAVE A GOOD PAYING JOB SO I CAN SUPPORT MY SELF AND MY FAMILY BUT IM BEIBG PUSJED AND TORMENTED AND PHYSICALLY ABUSED BECAUSE IM MOT LETTING MY MUM GET
    IN MY HEAD, SHE TELLS ME I DESERVE AHAT EVER SHE GIVES ME PHYSICAL OR MENTAL ABUSE, SJE TELLS ME BECAUS I DONT WORK OR TAKE THE LITTLE BRO TO ACHOOL I SHOULD TAKE MY SISTERS ATTITUDE AND HERS. NOOO. And that's why we get into heating fights because I will not let my heart and soul be ground down by her, I call it self defence she calls it disrespectful, I say "mum I have to take care of my soul Andy happiness " he calls it disloyal. All this guilt trip ********. I can't deal she makes me want to cut myself or jump off a high building , I won't because I want to see myself blossom but at times of utter distress my body wants to give up on life I just want it to end. I tell my mum she's the only one that gives me bad thoughts and bad feeling becaus she is the only one that verbally abuses me, she says good or owells someone has to. I'm like BUT IM TELLIN YOU ITS HIRTIN IM TELLING ITS NOT MAKING ME TOUGHER ITS MAKING ME HATE YOU
    MORE
    AND
    MORE.
    she says " you know where the door is"

I will never be able to be fully okay until I'm on my feet with a job and able to move out. But her saying that, if I were to move on and cut ties she would never let me live it down, I'm tired I've never felt so empty, yes we reconcile. But it's more me just apologising for her because she will Always believe that she has nothing to apologise for , only when she spits at me by she will tell me I made her

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Super Moderator

• ccsmod2
    Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We are very sorry to hear that your mom punched and kicked you. Abuse is never okay and you don't deserve to be treated that way. If you feel as though you are in immediate danger, we encourage you to contact 911. You do have the option to report the abuse, Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource for more information on abuse reporting and how to transfer custody. You may want to take picture if you have any bruises as evidence of the abuse. If you are under 18, you could ask your mom if she would allow you to stay with another family member or close friend. If you have any other questions or you just need to talk, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929) , email, or live chat. Please be safe !

Guest replied
    my mum punched me twice and kicked me I had this myki that had 180 dollars then she stole it from me and kept asking for it back when she started punching and kicking me what should I do.?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod5
    Super Moderator

• ccsmod5
    Hi,
    Thank you so much for writing in. It’s absolutely not okay that your mother has punches and hit you, and that your dad won’t help. You deserve to feel safe and supported in your own house, and you never deserve to be hurt. If you ever feel in immediate danger, you can always call 9-1-1. Though we’re not legal experts, this sort of situation may qualify as abuse and can be reported. If you’d feel comfortable, you can report the situation to the National Child Abuse Hotline, who can tell you what the process would look like and what might happen if you do report this information. Their number is 1-800-422-4453. Another option is to confide in a teacher or a guidance counselor, both of whom are required to report that information to child protective services, as well. Thank you again for writing in. It sounds like you’re in a scary situation and we want you to know you’re not alone. Please feel free to call us anytime if you need someone to listen, provide you with resources, or help you process what’s been going on. Our number is 1-800-786-2929. Best of luck to you.
    NRS

Guest replied
    my mom punched me in the chest when I turned away from her when she was yelling. This has happened many times and I just do not know what to do. She has hit me and once she kicked me in the ribs for not listening to her when I was 10. I am 13 now and it is not getting any better, and my dad won't help. What do I do?!

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Super Moderator

• ccsmod3
    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry you are having a problem at home and going through such a rough time. No one should be hit by a parent and you deserve to be treated better than this.

It sounds like you really want a break from home. Have you talked with your mom at a time when she isn’t upset about how she makes you feel when she talks to you the way she does when she is upset? Have you spoken to anybody else about what is going on at home? Sometimes just talking with someone close to you can help you cope with the situation. Do you have any relatives or friends who live nearby that you could stay with. Would your mother agree to letting you take a break from home?

We hope that things get better for you. We are really glad you reached out to us. It can take a lot to ask for help and you are trying to figure out your options. If you would like to talk further about your situation please feel free to call (1-800-RUNAWAY) or chat with us. We’re here to listen, here to help.

Wish you the best of luck!

-NRS

Guest replied
    my mom constantly makes me feel like she doesnt lovwe me and at points she teels me how she wishes i wasnt heer she only ever makes a big deal when i want to go sumwhere she always critisizes me about everything i do she constantly makes me feel like a hoe and when she hits me she never leaves marks so its not bad yet i just want to runaway and come back i just dont want to be oublic and go on the news or sum i just need a break honestly

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Super Moderator

• ccsmod6
    Hey there,
    Thanks for reaching out to us. That sounds like a really scary experience. You definitely don’t deserve to be hit nor threatened in any way. Child Help ( 1-800-422-4453) is an organization that has a lot of resources for people in your situation. If you ever want to talk about your options as far as the abuse you’re experiencing or are in need of emotional support – they would definitely be a good resource for you. We would also love to hear from you to better help you assess your situation and work with you on your options. We’re here 24/7 at 1-800-786-2929. It takes a lot of courage to talk about these kinds of things and you’re being really brave in a difficult situation. We hope to hear from you soon!

Guest replied
    I TOTALLY relate. Mom just finished yelling at me for a bad grade even though my average is still 83.she started pointing out bad grades and her "bad grades" were 72 and 75 (although the one she was really mad about was a rare 51). she told me i need help - as in a tutor. i got smart-alecky with her (i know-idiot move right!) and she slapped me hard across the arm, punched my school issued macbook and picked up my bookbag and threw it down again. it scared the living daylights out of me. i mean sure, before she's cocked her hand back and told me she was gonna slap my face off but she's never actually laid a hand on me before.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Super Moderator

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply: I was just sitting in the dining area....

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

What you described sounds horrible, you do not deserve to be hit and punched.
    You are not at fault for your mother’s behavior it is terrible that she did that to you.
    Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    If there is a family member or friend you can turn to for support you might consider reaching out to them.
    A school counselor or social worker may also be an option if you are afraid of being hurt at home.

There are laws to protect children from being abused.
    To get assistance Child Help 1-800-422-4453 is an emergency service for abused children.
    Situations can become overwhelming and stressful.
    You did a great job reaching out today.

NRS is here to listen and here to help, if you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of.
    We hope things become much better for you.

Take care,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Super Moderator

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply: my mom is neglecting me

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

We appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
    Some situations can be disappointing and even upsetting thus making things uncertain about what to do or where to turn.
    We understand and we want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org.

Again tell us what it is you would like us to help you with and we will be happy to explore some options with you.
    You are not alone NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    You did a great job reaching out today. Good for you.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I was just sitting in the dining area when I called my mom down to check my grades I have a F in math and I have a tutor and I’m trying very hard to get it up. I had an extra credit paper due for math and I did it completely but I forgot to staple my work to the back so I couldn't get full credit when she asked why I didn't receive full credit I looked at her and said I forgot to turn in the work I did ..as soon as I finish my sentence she punches me in the face and starts hitting me on my arm after a while she says I’m grounded and I’m not allowed to go outside and if she catches me outside she will beat me in front of everyone with a belt and an extension cord and then she said she will go home and call the police on me and say I beat her like why?. I’m still crying.
    ccsmod4
    Super Moderator
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 11-29-2017, 04:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X