No announcement yet.

my mom just punched me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi my mom Just recently punched me and made my face so bloody and now my eye is bruised and nose slightly so now im scared to runaway or call the cops but I can because shes here and she would kill me like literally KILL ME but she took my phone so I have no way to call CPS and ive thought about killing myself but im scared it would hurt so idk what to do?????? HELPPPPPPP MEEE PLEASEEE

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there please see our response to your similar post just now:

"Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We are so sorry to hear about what you’ve been through. You absolutely don’t deserve abuse like that.

If you ever experience anything like that again, you have the right to leave and keep yourself safe. You don’t have to stay in a place that is unsafe for you. If you know any of your neighbors, maybe you could go to their house while things calm down. And maybe you can ask one of them to help you call 911 and file an abuse report. If you can hold on until Monday (as long as you feel safe over the weekend) Teachers and School Counselors can also help you with filing an abuse report. They are mandated reporters, meaning that if they have knowledge of abuse, they are required to report it.

If possible (and it may not be easy since you don’t have a phone right now), try to document as much of the physical abuse as you can. Pictures are one way to do this. Writing down dates, times, and witnesses to the abuse are another way. If you do end up filing an abuse report, having as much information as possible will make the process easier.

In your first message, it sounded like none of your siblings were supportive of you. Now that the abuse has progressed, do you think there’s a chance one of them would help you leave the house? Especially if you feel like you are in danger?

You also mention struggling with suicidal thoughts. If you ever start feeling that way again, please don’t hesitate to reach out for help. Your life is very important and even though it doesn’t seem like it now, things will get better. If you need help, a great resource is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Their phone number is 1-800-273-8255. If you don’t have access to your phone, they also have a chat service through their website – suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

You also can live chat with us if you want. You can reach our chat service through our website at 1800runaway.org. We have volunteers that would be happy to help you 24/7.

Again, we are so sorry to hear that you’ve been going through all of this. You don’t deserve what has happened to you and you are very brave for reaching out for help. We wish you the best of luck. And please contact us if you need any more help."

• I was getting ready for school yesterday and I was about to put on my favorite pair of shoes. They were muddy and everything because I used a shortcut through the grass. My mom came in and she told me I couldn't wear them. I kept asking her why but then she lost it and punched me in the arm a few times. My sisters nor dad know, all they know is that I'm mad at my mom. So now I don't know what to do, or if I should call the police. And I'm afraid that if I do something else like that she will hurt me again, and I'm afraid that if I call or tell someone, she will hurt me for that as well. I just don't know what to do...

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thanks so much for reaching out to us here at NRS. We understand it can be hard to reach out when you have a tough situation going on, it shows a lot that you did and that is worth being proud of. We are here for you.
      It sounds like you have a tough situation going on. Nobody deserves to be abused in any way. You had mentioned that your father and sister both did not know that this incident occurred, would you feel comfortable telling them? Sometimes telling another adult or family member can help both with you working through it but also to have somebody help you and speak with your mom. If you don’t feel comfortable talking to your dad or sister, another relative or maybe teacher/school counselor might be an option too if you felt comfortable.
      If you are worried about your mother hurting you again an option might be calling your local police and talking to them or you could also contact Child Help, they are the National Child Abuse Hotline. They are a wonderful resource and happy to talk with you about the situation and work through it. Their number is 1(800)422-4453.
      Please let us know if there is anything you may need/want to talk about. We are always here 24/7 for you and are just a phone call or live chat away.

Best, NRS

• so my mom throws stuff at me and punches me and kicks me when she gets mad because I ardently hurt my brother and she has a serious anger problem and i asked my mom if i can move in with my grandma but I can't run away because I'm underage and she only treats me like this because they take their anger on my i was wondering if i could run away with my grandma and grandma they take care of me and have everything I need and a home because I cant take the abuse anymore

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much for contacting NRS! It sounds like you have been dealing with a lot of stress at home, so it makes sense you would want to leave to live with your grandma. Home should be somewhere you feel comfortable and you deserve to be safe.

Like you mentioned, leaving home without permission as a minor means your mom could file a runaway report. Running away is not illegal but if police were to find you they would most likely return you home. Physical abuse is not okay and you could consider filing an abuse report. If you wanted to know more about the process you can call the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453. It sounds like your grandma is someone you feel comfortable going to for support. It might be helpful to talk to your grandma about asking your mom if you could move in with her.

If you need someone to talk to or want to explore options more, we encourage you to call us at 1-800-786-2929 or chat at 1800runaway.org. We are here 24/7 to listen and support you.

• Today after breakfast my mom punched me in the face then said wait until i knock your front row of teeth out. and also im twelve

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. From what you've said it seems like there is abuse going on at home. If you ever feel that you are in danger we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You have the right to file an abuse report with your local child protective services. There are a couple of ways this can be done. You can:
      -Go to the National Child Abuse Hotline's website at https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/ or call 1-800-422-4453
      -Tell any school employee (teacher, counselor, coach, etc.) about what has been going on at home
      -Call 911
      -Talk to a medical professional (nurse, doctor, medical assistant, etc.)
      -Call us directly so we can either file a report for you or we can conduct a conference call with an abuse hotline so you can have some support throughout the process

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
      NRS

• this happened tonight, and I don't really think I deserve this, so here's the story, I come home from school, im in 6th grade so I have hw every day, but not today for the first time ever, and i was just relaxing on my bed looking at my phone while my brother was watching the tv since he is grounded, and there was really nothing to clean up around the house besides dishes to do, everything else was cleaned up so I didn't really bother to do anything, then my mom comes home to just yell at ME, remember, my brother didn't do ANYTHING at all either, but she was just yelling at ME, and she tossed me around and kept hitting me in the same spot on my arm, it is burning and purple now, and by now my face is red and I'm crying really hard so my mom says, "TAKE A LOOK IN THE MIRROR! YOU'RE EYES ARE RED BECAUSE OF THAT DUMB PHONE!!" and I tell her in a fine tone, still crying and stuttering "b-b-but m-mom that also h-h-happens whe-en yo-you cry..." and she gets MAD and starts yelling at me again while my brother is eating hot cheetos on the couch looking at her hit me and he doesn't do anything, and every other time he gets hit by my mom, I step in and stop her, I once took the blame because he was getting beat REALLY bad, he had a purple eye because my mom punched him there many times, then I tell her "mom please stop hitting me! my arm hurts and it burns!" somehow i stop stuttering and stand up for my self. she throws me to the ground at starts to yell in my ear, I don't know what to do, I really feel like calling the police next time she beats me but i need help.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• so my mom was driving me and my brother to school ( she likes my brother more than me ) She was yelling at me for no reason saying i do nothing to help ( my brother is older than me, and he does nothing ) Anyway she had loads of time from work because she "claimed" she hurt her elbow in a car accident ( she didn't ) and i just said, well at least i go to school, and when im older im going to go to work. So she pulled the car up and just started punching and kicking me really hard, whilst my brother was just watching not doing anything to help me. I already have social workers in my life, but i always here this phrase in school, something like 'your home is somewere that u feel safe' but to me i think the streets at night is more safer than my home.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension - what you said is correct; home should be somewhere you feel safe. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

Your mother's actions raise quite a bit of concern about your safety and well being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. You stated that you have been working with social workers, it may help to show them any injuries/pictures of injuries that may have occurred from your mother's abuse. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
      NRS

• Ever since my dad left my mom has been acting violent and taking her anger out on me. I got sick a few years ago and I have to be hospitalized every so often which adds on to my stress and depression. This has caused her to insult me verbally and hit me. Every so often she’ll threaten me that she’ll hit me and I sometimes fear that one day I’ll get so tired of it that I’ll kill my self just to escape from her. I’ve tried staying at my aunts house to avoid her but I have to go back home eventually and I just can’t take it.

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. You are very brave for talking about what has been going on and we are here to listen and help as best we can. We are going to talk about a few things and if you want to talk further about some options or brainstorm other ones that may fit your situation, we are here 24/7. You can always call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

First, we want to say that you do not deserve to be hit or verbally hurt by anyone including your mom. You do not deserve to be treated like that and it is not okay. We do want to say if you do feel in danger or unsafe at any time, you always have the right to call for emergency services by calling 911. Your safety is the top priority and you always have the option to call 911. It sounds like you are in an incredibly frustrating and scary situation since it has just been you and your mom as you mentioned. It is not okay for her to hit you or threaten to hit you. Have you talked to anyone about what has been going on? It sounds like your aunt has been supportive in the past and might be a support system. Does she know what has been going on? That could be an option to explore to stay safe and have someone to talk about how you have been feeling.

Someone like a teacher/school counselor or adult you trust could help if you want to talk about how you are feeling or report what has been going on. They could help you with the process of reporting and what that could look like, and if you do mention your mom hitting you to a teacher/school counselor they are mandated reporters meaning they would have to pass along what they know to Child Protective Services. Another option could be to reach out to Child Help (1-800-422-4453) to talk about what reporting is like and if you want to report they can help you do so. (if not, just do not share identifying factors like your name, address, your mom’s names, ect). We are always here for you as well if you want to explore reporting too or just talk what has been going on too or explore other options. If you wanted help within reporting, we are also always here to advocate and help in any way we can. If you wanted to share those identifying factors with us, we can help with the reporting process. If you wanted to just talk about your situation without a report being made, just do not tell us those factors as we are also mandated reporters. We can continue to talk confidentially as we are currently as long as you do not share those identifying factors.

We know you did mentioned wanting to kill yourself to escape your mom. If you do feel like you are going to hurt yourself, you can call for emergency services for help. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. Another good resource is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255/suicidepreventionlifeline.org). They are always there to listen if you feel like you are going to kill yourself or even if you are not feeling suicidal they can always listen as well and help with resources or as an ear to listen. They are also 24/7 as well. You also mentioned you have had added stress due to the situation with your mom and it has worsened your depression which sounds difficult. The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is another option that can help with brainstorming options as well about supportive services of counseling, social support, etc. They can be reached at 1-800-950-NAMI or you can text NAMI to 741741.

We are also always here to talk and listen. We are really glad you reached out and it takes a lot of strength to do so. We truly care about you and your safety is very important and if you ever feel in danger, you always have the option to call 911. Don’t hesitate to call or chat us at any time as we are 24/7. We hope to hear from you soon!

Best,

NRS

• Have u ever been so sad your heart actually hurts☹️

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It sounds like you are having a rough time right now. If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

• I feel unsafe at home and this is why.. ..

It all started when I was talking to my grandma and I felt angry for some reason and well... . She grabbed me, I fall on the floor and then she started to kick me
    ​​​​​​

a few months later, my grandma had hit me with her sandal and I yelled at her to stop she then looked at me. Like I did something wrong to her and she said "you didn't just tell me no! Treating me like some kid" And then she hit me again.

The next day, she was about to hit me as I backed away, I felt like I wanted to run away but i am raised in a tough family So the situation didn't help much.... . I don't want to call child protection services.

I need some help though, any tips?

​​​​​

​​​​​

​​​​

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much for reaching out! You’ve taken the initiative in seeking help, and it does not go unnoticed

To begin with, you mentioned that there is physical abuse going on in the household when. No one deserves to go through any psychical, emotional, or verbal abuse. You’re really brave for being open about your abuse experiences, and if the abuse is re-occurring, you can reach out to the National Child Abuse hotline at 1800)422-4453.Another option to explore would be to seek out help through a school counselor, they may be able to explore options with you on how to go about handling your situation at home. If at any time you feel unsafe, you can text the national safe place the word SAFE and your location at 44357. They would send you a text with the closest safe place near you.

Again, we’re really glad appreciative you reached out to us! It takes a lot to ask for help and you’re trying to figure out your options which is really good to see. If you need any additional resources or would like to chat further, you can always give us a call at 1800) 786-2929. Remember, you’re not alone in this, best of luck!
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X