•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom just punched me in the stomach

Comment

Reply:My mom just punched me in the stomach#94

Hello,

You mentioned something that raise’s concern for your safety and well-being.
      If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services).

If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help.
      1-800Runaway (786-2929) www.1800Runaway.org (Live Chat)

Be safe,
      NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hi I'm a 12 year old girl and going through something like this. I love my mom very much and when she's not angry she's one of my favorite people. But when my sisters around (she's 9) and I try to talk to her, my mom always thinks I'm "picking" at her and then gets really mad at me. I always tell her I'm not I'm just talking with her, but she never believes me. She calls be a little b**** and says she wishes I were never born. She sometimes grabs my hair and drags me to my room. A few days ago she held me down on my bed and was punching me and kicking me. I got bruises down my leg. She was trying to hit me with a blanket and it hurt a lot. So I grabbed the blanket and threw it at her, and it gave her a bruise on her forehead. She started screaming at me even more and I was crying a lot. After yelling at me even more and saying horrible things to me she left. For two hours I hid in my room, hoping that she wouldn't come back (my door locks from the outside, so sometimes she locks me in). I made a list of things that I could do to make her less mad at me, but they all ended in more screaming. I thought about killing myself. Eventually she came back in and said she wished I didn't act like that and was more calmed down. She said that she couldn't believe that I punched her. I said what, you held me down and beat me! Then she got mad again and called me a liar and started kicking me again. Then she left. About half an hour later she came back in and said she hoped I was sorry. I said I was. She said she didn't mean anything she said and that she loved me. Then we hugged and I cried. We were fine the rest of the day. This hasn't happened again all week, except last night when I sense she was getting mad, I hid in the bathroom until I thought she had calmed down. I have threatened to call the police on my mom before but she's always laughed at me and said then I could get taken away. I love my mom very much, but I hate when she's like this, which is about once a week. I haven't told anyone about it, because I'm afraid she could get in trouble and me and me and my sister could get taken away. What should I do?

Comment

Thanks so much for reaching out to us at NRS. It sounds like you’re feeling scared and confused about what to do. The way your mom treats you is not okay, and no one deserves to be hurt physically or emotionally like that. What you’re describing is abuse, which is against the law, and you do have the right to report it to the police, a teacher at school, or your local child abuse reporting hotline. Child Help USA is an information and referral line that can connect you with your local CPS abuse hotline and answer questions about possible outcomes of reporting abuse (you would not always be removed from the home). That number is 1-800-422-4453. If you feel nervous about making a report, you can also give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 and we can call together. If you feel your mom is getting mad and you’re worried she will hurt you again, or if you feel like you might hurt yourself, please call 911 right away.
          It sounds like you’re feeling conflicted about the situation because you care about your mom, even though you recognize her behavior is harmful. These are very normal feelings. But you deserve to feel safe and cared for. It shows a lot of courage that you are reaching out for help, and we are here for you 24/7 if you want to talk. --NRS
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

My mom since this morning was mad at me. She’s usually always mad at me. She hates me, she prefers my brother over me. She’s always comparing me to him. She yelled at me, she punched me, she slapped me, she hit my head with a broom stick, she called me a **********, she told me I was the worst daughter ever, she told me I could go and die, she told me no one would ever love me and she told me that I’ll forever be a burden in her life. I’m used to it but it doesn’t mean that I’m not hurt. I hate it, I’m so insecure because of her, I always mask it when I go out. I put on a fake smile, fake laughs and fake joy. No one knows what’s going on at our house. My dad is usually working so he’s never home when it happens. When ever I want to tell him what happens, he says that he’s too tired, he’ll talk to me tomorrow but he’s always gone. I have no one to talk too and I hate it. Can you please tell me what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod15
              ccsmod15 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to NRS and having the strength to share your story with us. We are sorry to hear about your situation and what you’ve been dealing with. Ideally, home would be a place where people feel safe, loved, and valued, and you do not deserve to be treated that way. You’ve been very courageous to reach out for help and try your best despite the circumstances.
              You deserve to feel safe at home, and abuse is never okay. If you are interested in filing an abuse report against your mom, you can call us anytime, or you can contact the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453 or www.childhelp.org. We suggest that you try to record or photograph any evidence you can of your mom’s abuse, including injuries, text messages, or conversations.
              Even if you don’t want to report the abuse, it may help you to find people who can support and listen to you. This could include friends or relatives, teachers, guidance counselors, or other trusted adults in your community. They may even be able to provide you with a place to go when your mom is being violent. Talking to a counselor can be helpful in many situations you contact the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration could connect you with resources in your area; they can be reached through phone 1-877-726-4727 and online at samhsa.gov. For your mental health, journaling, reading, engaging in a physical activity, or listening to music could be some ways to help you get through the everyday stress in the meantime.
              Please don’t hesitate to reach out again if you need more help or resources we are completely confidential. We can be contact at our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or use our Live Chat.
              Best of luck with everything, and stay safe.

My mom hit me over and over after we had gotten into an argument. I have anger issues and I suffer from depression and anxiety. I'll admit that when I've been bottling up everything for a long time then I will snap. I'll yell and throw stuff, but a day ago it was much more worse then being yelled at. My mom had forced my door open, and it was around 1 in the morning, and I looked at her before she got in my face yelling at me and screaming, which lead to her suddenly cursing and hitting me a couple times across the face and pushing me. I cried and she cursed at me saying I deserved it for having an attitude with her and being rude when it comes to social activities and get bf. After that she took all of me and my siblings belongings away and telling Mr that she wouldn't be our mom anymore, she also told me I could call that police if I didn't want her around, she said I could live with my dad, whom she divorced
            I cried along with my siblings before leaving to my moms Co workers house. And now I've been forced to return home after my mom threatened to kick us out and have us stay with our dad or grandma. I'm currently scared and crying in bed. I want to leave and be with other family members again. All of this is leading me to feel hateful towards myself and want to end everything. I'm so angry, it's all my fault.

Comment

• ccsmod9
              ccsmod9 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello we want to thank you for reaching out to us here at NRS! We know that you must be going through a difficult time and want to be in a safer position than you were before. Our hope here is to listen and help however we can.
              From what we gather from your story is that you have been having some issues with your mom and she recently hit you and kicked you and your siblings out. Now you are dealing with thoughts and other issues you wish to find a solution to this. Our first concern is that you are having suicidal thoughts. Know that you can reach out to people who would love to help and listen. You can reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) where they would help you talk through your thoughts of suicide. Please know you matter. Much of what you have told us constitutes as neglect and abuse. You do not deserve to be treated like nothing and you deserve to feel safe at home. Some options you have are that you can report what has been happening to you and your siblings to the police. Many of the times when this happens they will try to find family members first to hand over custody to. This could possibly give you some options in who you go with you and your siblings. Another option you have is to inform your school counselor or teacher. You can also feel free to call the National Child Abuse Hotline (1-800-422-4453) from there they would help you through some more options you might have.
              Again we want to thank you for seeking us out and asking for help. We hope that we have helped you in this current situation you find yourself in. If for any reason you might need to ask more questions or perhaps have concerns please do not hesitate to call us. Again our number is (1-800-786-2929) or you can reach us at www.1800runaway.org and once there you can use our chat options. We hope that you can find the nest solution to your current situation.
              Best Wishes - NRS

I was sitting in the front seat while my mother was driving her car and my brother was sitting behind me. My brother hit me because I wouldn’t give him any of my candy, so I hit him back and he hit me again so I told him when we get home imma hit him back. when we got home he made a mess in my room so I hit him to get him back and then my mom found out so she punched me in the face and grabbed me by the neck for hitting him even though he hit me and he is not supposed to hit a girl and she didn’t even do anything to him. And my brother is almost 12 and I’m almost 14.
            Last edited by ccsmod4; 10-13-2018, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Reply: i was sitting in the front seat ...

Hi there,
              Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You don't deserve to be hit and abused by anyone.
              It is not your fault. You have the right to want to be treated fairly. If you are not feeling safe at home perhaps there is someone like a family member you can call for support.
              You are very brave for reaching out today.
              We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you.
              If you would like to talk more about your situation, please call or chat soon.
              Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,
              NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Comment

Yesterday I was sick from school and laying in bed when my mom came up into my room. She kept telling me how I was worthless and lying about throwing up and passing out (which I did, and she saw me do). I hid myself under my blankets and started to cry. My mom harshly asked my why was I crying and I didn't answer, I was afraid to answer. She asked my repeatedly, her voice growing with more anger. The final time she asked, she punched my repeatedly in the ribs and dragged me onto the floor. For about 2 hours I laid there on the floor in severe pain. During those two hours, I thought about suicide, the only thing that kept me alive today were my friend who I knew would miss me if I did kill myself.

Comment

• ccsmod5
                  ccsmod5 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yesterday I was sick from school and laying in bed when my mom came up into my room. She kept telling me how I was worthless and lying about throwing up and passing out (which I did, and she saw me do). I hid myself under my blankets and started to cry. My mom harshly asked my why was I crying and I didn't answer, I was afraid to answer. She asked my repeatedly, her voice growing with more anger. The final time she asked, she punched my repeatedly in the ribs and dragged me onto the floor. For about 2 hours I laid there on the floor in severe pain. During those two hours, I thought about suicide, the only thing that kept me alive today were my friend who I knew would miss me if I did kill myself.

Hi,
                  Thank you so much for reaching out and sharing what's been going on. It sounds like your mom was not being considerate of your feelings, which is frustrating and hurtful. You deserve to feel comfortable and loved at home, especially by your parent and especially when you're sick. You mentioned that you considered suicide but your relationship with your friend stopped you. We're so glad that you have a support in your friend. If you ever feel like you may be in danger of hurting yourself or find yourself considering suicide again, you can always call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.

It sounds like you and your mom don't see eye-to-eye sometimes. It could be an option to try family counseling. We know this can be a difficult thing to bring up with your mom, so if you need help having that conversation you're welcome to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929. We are here 24/7 to listen and help.

Thank you again for reaching out. If you need additional resources or want to talk more specifically about what's going on, feel free to give us a call. Stay strong and stay safe!

--NRS

• I need help i can't handle it anymore

Comment

• ccsmod9
                  ccsmod9 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi there,
                  Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat at NRS. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
                  Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
                  We hope to hear from you soon.
                  Be safe, NRS

• Originally posted by Guest View Post
                My mom since this morning was mad at me. She’s usually always mad at me. She hates me, she prefers my brother over me. She’s always comparing me to him. She yelled at me, she punched me, she slapped me, she hit my head with a broom stick, she called me a **********, she told me I was the worst daughter ever, she told me I could go and die, she told me no one would ever love me and she told me that I’ll forever be a burden in her life. I’m used to it but it doesn’t mean that I’m not hurt. I hate it, I’m so insecure because of her, I always mask it when I go out. I put on a fake smile, fake laughs and fake joy. No one knows what’s going on at our house. My dad is usually working so he’s never home when it happens. When ever I want to tell him what happens, he says that he’s too tired, he’ll talk to me tomorrow but he’s always gone. I have no one to talk too and I hate it. Can you please tell me what to do.
                Hi I'm 12 and I really need someone to talk to about my situation and yours sounds a lot like what I go through. my parents are always fighting
                and my mom is the more dominate one so she'll get mad at dad if he tries to do anything about it. Also is your mom nice sometimes or is she like that all the time? Mine has like two different personalities so she'll be nice and I love her or horrible and I call her the witch in my head. No one else knows about my situation either although I have texted online counselor s before secretly. I'm thinking about telling my school counselor. I just don't want my family to be torn apart so I'm in a bit of a dilemma too. You can respond and start a conversation with me if you want. - rose

Comment

• ccsmod0
                  ccsmod0 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hello Rose,
                  Thank you for taking the time to reply to the original users post. It sounds like you are having a hard time at home and you have been looking for someone to talk to. It is great that you have already started to take the necessary steps to try and get help for your problem. You mentioned that you have already reached out to an online counseling service. If you think that helped then it might be a good idea to contact your school counselor, like you mentioned. Reaching out for help can be tough so thank you for being so brave. For additional support you can also give us a call anytime. We are not trained professionals but we are a supportive ear to listen.
                  Best wishes,
                  NRS

• I think I'm going to call on Monday or Wednesday and talk to someone here. I just need to know that by calling no one in my family will be taken away.

Comment

• ccsmod7
                  ccsmod7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi there! We are confidential so if you called here, and then someone called here asking about whether you called we would not be able to confirm or deny that you called us.

So please know that we are a safe space to call if you ever need to talk again. We are glad you found us in the first place.

Take care,

NRS

• ccsmod0
                  ccsmod0 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for getting back to us. First we wanted to clear up that, yes, we are mandated reports. This means that we legally obligated to inform the authorities if any minor discloses abuse or neglect. So if you (or anyone on this forum) share identifying information, such as your name, address, abusers name and phone number we are legally required to make a report with/ without your consent.
                  With that being sad, no. Calling us to talk about what is going on at home will not result in your family being taken away.
                  If you need anything else please note that the forum is not intended for continual conversation. If you have any follow up questions please use our live chat or give us a call.
                  Best wishes,
                  NRS

• I cut and my mom found out. All she did was take my blade grab my wrist cut it deeper than I had ever done it and tell me that that was the way it was done. She doesn´t say anything to me unless it´s a really good insult. I´m constantly being called a mistake. I´ve tried running away and all that did was get me beat up. I don´t have the courage to run away so I cut instead.

Comment

• ccsmod2
                  ccsmod2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. Nobody deserves to be abused or mistreated. It sounds like you are in a terrible situation at home, and we are sorry to hear that you are being abused and that your mother reacted like that. You have a right to call the police or make a child abuse report. If this is an option you are considering, you can call us any time and we can answer any questions you might have and even file a report on your behalf. You can also reach CHILD HELP at 1-800-422-4453.

You mentioned that you cut to cope by cutting. A good resource that may be able to help is the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAM). The National Suicide Hotline might be a really great resource for you as well. You can call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) any time you are feeling vulnerable or thinking about hurting yourself.

You can also call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) for help or support 24/7, or chat with us on www.1800RUNAWAY.org every day between 4:30pm and 11:30pm. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. Please do not hesitate to call; we are looking forward to hearing from you, and wish you the best of luck.

Sincerely,
                  NRS

• My sister gets everything in life no consequences, whenever she gets her way with my things and I tell my mother she says "figure it out or let her have it' she also steals from me. Today was the final straw, she constantly hits me but today something I told my mom and nothing then when I took MY PROPERTY away from her she began attacking me so I had to defend myself and she straight up punched me in the face. My whole face is red and swollen along with arms and neck. I took photos and videos. I've tried and tried but I just wanna get away from here at this point I can't I'm only 14 and experiencing this, it's been like this my while life and I'm tired of it.

Comment

• ccsmod6
                  ccsmod6 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that your sister and mother have been treating you in a way that sounds inappropriate, unfair, and violent. If you ever feel like you are in immediate danger, please call 911. Child abuse can come from any source, even other minors. If you feel like the way your mother and your sister treat you is abusive, it might be worth considering reporting as an option. If you wanted to report or learn more about what abuse reporting looks like, please reach out to the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453 or childhelp.org. If you want to talk more about what is going on at home and what other options you might have, please give us a call on our 24/7 hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,
                  NRS

• Hi im going through something very similar so I got my phone taken last Saturday for grades then my ma was like if we can help her find her stuff we can get our phones back so I helped look and couldn't find it so then she gave me my phone later that night and she gave me a lecture so I was happy and all of a sudden I went to the bathroom to take my Snap chat videos and she comes trying to force the door open then im like im coming then shes like open the door so I open the door and she takes my phone and I said I wasn't doing anything then I went to the living room and started crying cause I knew she was going to check my phone so she checks it and see's that I was texting a guy friend and she's all like your a hoe and your to grown and then she starts getting up and then she starts choking me to the point when she asked me a question I couldn't answer it because of how bad she choked me so then she stops choking me and punches me then she punches my head,FACE multiple times and then I end up falling to the floor and she's like get out of my room so I get out and im crying wiping my face because she beat me up so bad that I was bleeding so I sit on the couch and my sister was near me and my siblings are like wipe your face and im just scared and I told my sister to take me to my dads and shes like for what he aint s*** and then she like come on lets show you how he aint s*** so then my mom comes in there and was like where you going and I was so scared that I said no where and then I was thinking in my head to grab a knife and just kill myself but god wouldn't forgive me so I got to the bathroom cause my mom said wipe your face so im crying whiled im in the bathroom wiping my face and shes like let me see and grabs my face to see what she did and then she gives me a long lecture and then she starts laughing because me siblings are laughing so now I dont know what to do im just scared and If I leave I dont know where to go My nose is bruised and eye and I cant call (CPS) or the cops because she took my phone and im just scared

Comment

• ccsmod7
                  ccsmod7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We are so sorry to hear about what you’ve been through. You absolutely don’t deserve abuse like that.

If you ever experience anything like that again, you have the right to leave and keep yourself safe. You don’t have to stay in a place that is unsafe for you. If you know any of your neighbors, maybe you could go to their house while things calm down. And maybe you can ask one of them to help you call 911 and file an abuse report. If you can hold on until Monday (as long as you feel safe over the weekend) Teachers and School Counselors can also help you with filing an abuse report. They are mandated reporters, meaning that if they have knowledge of abuse, they are required to report it.

If possible (and it may not be easy since you don’t have a phone right now), try to document as much of the physical abuse as you can. Pictures are one way to do this. Writing down dates, times, and witnesses to the abuse are another way. If you do end up filing an abuse report, having as much information as possible will make the process easier.

In your first message, it sounded like none of your siblings were supportive of you. Now that the abuse has progressed, do you think there’s a chance one of them would help you leave the house? Especially if you feel like you are in danger?

You also mention struggling with suicidal thoughts. If you ever start feeling that way again, please don’t hesitate to reach out for help. Your life is very important and even though it doesn’t seem like it now, things will get better. If you need help, a great resource is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Their phone number is 1-800-273-8255. If you don’t have access to your phone, they also have a chat service through their website – suicidepreventionlifeline.org.
                  You also can live chat with us if you want. You can reach our chat service through our website at 1800runaway.org. We have volunteers that would be happy to help you 24/7.

Again, we are so sorry to hear that you’ve been going through all of this. You don’t deserve what has happened to you and you are very brave for reaching out for help. We wish you the best of luck. And please contact us if you need any more help.
              Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x
              Working...
              X