No announcement yet.

my mom just punched me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my mom punched me in the chest when I turned away from her when she was yelling. This has happened many times and I just do not know what to do. She has hit me and once she kicked me in the ribs for not listening to her when I was 10. I am 13 now and it is not getting any better, and my dad won't help. What do I do?!

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thank you so much for writing in. It’s absolutely not okay that your mother has punches and hit you, and that your dad won’t help. You deserve to feel safe and supported in your own house, and you never deserve to be hurt. If you ever feel in immediate danger, you can always call 9-1-1. Though we’re not legal experts, this sort of situation may qualify as abuse and can be reported. If you’d feel comfortable, you can report the situation to the National Child Abuse Hotline, who can tell you what the process would look like and what might happen if you do report this information. Their number is 1-800-422-4453. Another option is to confide in a teacher or a guidance counselor, both of whom are required to report that information to child protective services, as well. Thank you again for writing in. It sounds like you’re in a scary situation and we want you to know you’re not alone. Please feel free to call us anytime if you need someone to listen, provide you with resources, or help you process what’s been going on. Our number is 1-800-786-2929. Best of luck to you.
      NRS

my mum punched me twice and kicked me I had this myki that had 180 dollars then she stole it from me and kept asking for it back when she started punching and kicking me what should I do.?

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We are very sorry to hear that your mom punched and kicked you. Abuse is never okay and you don't deserve to be treated that way. If you feel as though you are in immediate danger, we encourage you to contact 911. You do have the option to report the abuse, Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource for more information on abuse reporting and how to transfer custody. You may want to take picture if you have any bruises as evidence of the abuse. If you are under 18, you could ask your mom if she would allow you to stay with another family member or close friend. If you have any other questions or you just need to talk, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929) , email, or live chat. Please be safe !

Hello I'm 19 from London, England. I came across this because I was just beat up by my mum, and needed to see id I was on my own with this. And I'm not on my own but I really need advice because there is seriously mo one that I can talk to. Okay, i have a 21 years old sister but we have not got that bond that I know a lot of sisters have, the protective supportive sister i. Could not keep secrets with her she doesn't like me like that at all in fact if o tell her anything she can't help but tell mum later when I asked her to keep it secret. So she's off the list for trusting understand people. My mother she's like my best friend and that's hard because we always argue and it leads to physical sometimes. It gets physical because she's will say something to annoy upset and give me doubts, I'm an anxious person who can't help but take her mothers opinions in deep, she has emotional personality disorder which I understand but it is not a bonus in our relationship. Anyways I feel she can't help but be negative about EVERYTHING I do or haven't done for example. If I'm not in a job she will make me feel like the bummiest lazy no life person there is or if I tell her about my boyfriend troubles best believe she'll be throwing it back on my face and telling me " he didn't even want me Because I'm not loyal to my family fat ugly or anything to really take away my self esteem and how I think about myself. She will say something like this if I have annoyed her, she admit that the problems I give her are only expanded because of her mental illness. I can't even get it all out there is way to much turmoil I'd rather talk in person but I can't because there isn't anyone it's just my mum we don't have any family but her AHHAHHHH I'm UPSETN now I don't think it's fair I'm sitting her with a black eye right now i need help I JUST Cmd from a hostel because things weren't good there's even worse, I'm abused I try to keep my head up higher because I'm a confident loving and caring person but if I was to relocate my mum that she's was tell I'm not because I don't treat her right NOTHING IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR HER BELIEVE ME SHE HAS TOLD ME NOTHING INDO IS GOOD ENOUGH, KM A BURDEN SJE WISHED SJE ABORTED ME MY DAD KNEW I WAS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM THATS WHY HE DECISED TO LEAVE ME AT TWO TO BE A CRACKHEAD. THIS IS THR ******** I AM SUBJECTED TO NEWRLY EVERYDAY AND ITS GRATING ON ME, ALL I WANT TO DO OS JAVE A GOOD PAYING JOB SO I CAN SUPPORT MY SELF AND MY FAMILY BUT IM BEIBG PUSJED AND TORMENTED AND PHYSICALLY ABUSED BECAUSE IM MOT LETTING MY MUM GET
    IN MY HEAD, SHE TELLS ME I DESERVE AHAT EVER SHE GIVES ME PHYSICAL OR MENTAL ABUSE, SJE TELLS ME BECAUS I DONT WORK OR TAKE THE LITTLE BRO TO ACHOOL I SHOULD TAKE MY SISTERS ATTITUDE AND HERS. NOOO. And that's why we get into heating fights because I will not let my heart and soul be ground down by her, I call it self defence she calls it disrespectful, I say "mum I have to take care of my soul Andy happiness " he calls it disloyal. All this guilt trip ********. I can't deal she makes me want to cut myself or jump off a high building , I won't because I want to see myself blossom but at times of utter distress my body wants to give up on life I just want it to end. I tell my mum she's the only one that gives me bad thoughts and bad feeling becaus she is the only one that verbally abuses me, she says good or owells someone has to. I'm like BUT IM TELLIN YOU ITS HIRTIN IM TELLING ITS NOT MAKING ME TOUGHER ITS MAKING ME HATE YOU
    MORE
    AND
    MORE.
    she says " you know where the door is"

I will never be able to be fully okay until I'm on my feet with a job and able to move out. But her saying that, if I were to move on and cut ties she would never let me live it down, I'm tired I've never felt so empty, yes we reconcile. But it's more me just apologising for her because she will Always believe that she has nothing to apologise for , only when she spits at me by she will tell me I made her

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you and your mother have a complicated relationship but you are certain that you want to move out. We want you to know that no one has the right to hurt you in any kind of way. Unfortunately the National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.
      We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country. Additionally if you are thinking about leaving home it could be a good idea to consider steps you can take towards independence might be to find employment if you don’t have an income, or to save up money for moving expenses. It is also helpful to research rents in your area, find a roommate, or make a budget. Another thing you might want to consider is what kinds of things you depend on your parents for currently such as tuition expenses for school, or health insurance, and whether they would continue to provide those things after you leave. There may be social service agencies in your area that can help meet some of these needs, such as Transitional Living Programs, a kind of shelter where young adults can live and get services to help them transition to independent living. Moving is a huge step, and you don’t have to be alone.
      We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

My grandma beats up on me for no reason like a couple days ago she started beating me and i said what is that 4 and she said 4 being u ive tried to kill my self once and runaway twice but i always get caught and taken back home i dont want to die but im scared to go to my house everyday thinking todays the day she is going to snap and kill me

Comment

• ccsmod11
      ccsmod11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thanks so much for reaching out to us today. We hear that you’re having problems with your grandparent because she beats you and threatens your life. That can be very scary, and we are glad you contacted us today. Reaching out for help isn’t always easy, but so often is it the first step to making a bad situation better. Hopefully we can help today.

Firstly, you don’t deserve to be treated the way your grandma is treating you. It’s never okay, regardless of any actions or mistakes you may have made, for your family or anyone else to put their hands on you to cause harm. We prioritize your safety, and want to let you know that we are able to file abuse reports to the police and child protective services for youth who request it. This can result in child protective services being sent to your home and removing you from your home to live in a safer environment. We also can simply talk to you about these experiences so that you have the opportunity to unpack these experiences in an anonymous setting. Just call us at 1-800-786-2929.

We also hear that you have considered suicide. Again, we prioritize your safety and we want to give you the opportunity to call us and speak on the experiences you’ve had. Talking can be difficult sometimes, but it provides us all the opportunity to connect with someone else, which keeps us from having to be alone with our problems. We also encourage you to talk to any friends or trusted individuals you know about these problems.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Hey I have a question. I've been reading these and my situation isn't as bad as these other people's thank goodness but my mom recently got into my personal space and when I tried to back up she just followed me and pointed her finger in my face an then she made a fist with her hand at threatened to punch me. Lets say she did, would that be abuse? This has never happened before and I am really scared.

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey,
      Thanks for reaching out. We’re not experts, but we can speak generally. If you’d like a more specific answer, you can always call the National Child Abuse Hotline (which is confidential) at 1-800-422-4453. That being said, if your mom is threatening you, that can possibly be considered abuse in itself. If she did hit you, that may also qualify. Either way, you don’t ever deserve to be treated that way.
      Thank you again for reaching out. We hope this was helpful and we encourage you to reach out by phone if you need additional resources or need help figuring out your options. Our number is 1-800-786-2929 and our lines are always open. If you have a moment, we'd appreciate your feedback of our crisis services at the following link:
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
      Stay safe!

......my mom punched me in the stomach just for crying

Comment

• ccsmod11
      ccsmod11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us today. The situation you described is very serious indeed and we hope we can help.

Firstly, we want to let you know this behavior is inappropriate, and in no way is it your fault. No matter what you’ve done or not done, you don’t deserve to have your parents put their hands on you in any way that is meant to do harm to you. This is especially upsetting because this happened because you cried. Sometimes you just have to cry, and it’s super unfortunate your mom reacted the way she did. We can help by filing an abuse report on your mother to CPS, which can result in tem investigating your situation and rehousing you. We can do this if you call into us at 1-800-786-2929. We can also talk to you anonymously about these experiences. We want to let you know that we are mandated reporters, so if you give us identifying information about yourself and tell us you got punched by your mother, we would have to file an abuse report. If you aren’t sure you would like to file an abuse report, then stay anonymous over the phone with us.
      Hopefully this helped. Thanks so much for reaching out to us. If you have any questions or want to talk more, please call us at 1-800-786-2929.

Best,
      NRS

My mom punches my sister and verbally abuses me I don't know if I can call social services or if shes even abusing us by the law, she constantly calls me fat and ugly and she thinks she cares but in reality she's just preserving her self image as a "good" mother

Comment

• ccsmod11
      ccsmod11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thanks for reaching out. You definitely don't deserve to be called the names your mother has called you, and your sister definitely does not deserve to be punched by your mother. It's not either you or your sister's fault that this is happening. Both of you deserve to be in a safe home where you are receiving authentic care. CPS may consider being hit and called names child abuse. You can report this as abuse to CPS by calling us at 1-800-786-2929.We can also discuss any feelings you have that have arisen from this mistreatment with you to help you cope with what sounds like a difficult situation.

Best,
      NRS

My step dad almost hit me and calls me a worthless piece of crap, ect..and my family says that I'm a acideaccand I'm not supposed to be alive....

Comment

Reply:My step dad almost hit me.

Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are having some serious issues with your family. You do not deserve to have such mean things said to you. You are not to blame for how others act. We understand how upsetting this must be for you.
      We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. You did great by reaching out.
      We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      If you are at any risk or danger reach out to 9-1-1 immediately.

Take care,
      NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

today my mom beat me up so badly I have a concussion and bump on my head, I have scratches and bruises all over my body and theres blood all over my room. she did this because I didnt do the chores she asked me to do properly while she was gone. I finally after many years stood up for myself and told her that I am sick of being mistreated. She has been beating me since I was a toddler. I'm 17, and she took my phone and car keys, so I cant escape or call anyone. I am terrified of her. She is an animal. i will forever never forget how she gagged and choked me and held me down to punch me over and over while my step dad just watched. Everything is broken in my room. I don't have anywhere to go or any other family but her. My biological father isnt in my life. I have other siblings but she only does this to me and my brother thats my age but mostly me because I am the oldest. I feel like I can't contact the police because shes a popular person in the community and is friends with all the police. part of me feels like there as nothing wrong with what she did,and that other parents do this to their kids but my head hurts and I remember that its not normal. I have nothing and no one. I do not want to go into a foster care that could be potentially worse than it is here or have my siblings removed from the house although I am afraid she will do it to my precious younger sisters when they grow up. I graduated early and will be commuting to college next month but I am afraid she will sabotage that. I have a lot of money saved up from working enough for rent and want to move away but im afraid she will call the police on whoever i stay with for harboring a runaway. I know you get responses like this all the time, but I dont have any family or close friends and really need help. please

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are very sorry to hear that your mother has been abusing you. It sounds like she has caused you great physical harm, you may want to go to the hospital to make sure you are okay. Abuse is never okay and you don't deserve to be treated that way. If you feel as though you are in immediate danger, we encourage you to contact the police or CPS. You may want to consider taking pictures of your bruises as evidence of the abuse. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource to explore your options and get information on how to transfer custody. If you do decide to leave, your mom has the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find you they may return you home unless you tell them about how your mom has been treating you. You could look into local youth shelters or transitional living programs if you leave home. However, some police do not accept runaway report for 17 year old's. You could contact your local police through their non-emergency phone number and ask about their runaway policy. We hope that this information is helpful, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat if you would like additional resources. Please be safe !

if my mom keeps putting her hands on me and hits me and beats me takes away my clothes and does everything she can to make me feel unhappy can i run away to my grandmothers house and not get in trouble? she buys me clothes just to how that i can't have them and this was the clothes for my birthday she's going to ruin another birthday what can i do... i dont wanna be placed with a new family i just wanna be with my grandma

Comment

• ccsmod11
          ccsmod11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We want to let you know what your mother is doing is not okay and no matter what you've done, it's not your fault that your mother hits you and takes your clothes away. We're sorry to hear this is happening and we want to let you know we are able to report this sort of behavior to child protective services. We're not legal experts, but if you run away to your grandmother, your mother can report you as a runaway and have you sent home. It's very unlikely you'll be arrested or anything like that. If you get caught by the police and let them know she keeps putting her hands on you and taking clothes away from you, they should report it to child protective services, who can place you outside of the home, perhaps with your grandmother. Call us for more info, and best of luck.

-NRS
          Last edited by ccsmod11; 07-30-2018, 09:59 PM.

So basically i feel as if i have no privacy in the house, my mom consistently holds old grudges on me but it was for things she did to me. When i was in 7th grade my mom had banged my head into a wall and kept hitting me because of school and hey called my mom and told her about how i was crying asking them not to call my mom cause i didn't wanna get in trouble. The second case was my fault cause i didn't want to be with her and still to this day i still do not want to be with her.. She does to much .... The third case was her fault i came home one day and all of my clothes jackets and everything was gone in my room....she made me wear the same outfit for a whole 2 to 3 weeks... and this school called me down to the office gave me clothes and my favorite teacher brought me a wavy adidas outfit.. but i just didn't feel it was necessary cause its not like i was homeless and they told me if they see me with the same clothes from that last day they have no other option but to call CPS.. so the lady went to my house when i wasn't there...I had already tried asking to live with my grandma ... i can't live with my dad cause i dont trust him he touched me when i was sleeping and still to this day its hard to speak up about it .... Skipping to today.. My Birthday is coming up everything is good vibes but my mom always punishes me for her own delight for some reason ... I'm gonna tell you my side of the story .. I have a boyfriend who's one year younger then me and he has an older brother ...who smokes.... so this one day i was with my boyfriend meeting his aunt who lives a few blocks away ... i had left my stuff at my boyfriends house because i thought i would make it back in time to get my stuff and go home.... but it was getting a little late and i wasn't going to make in time to get my bag and come back his brother was already at the house so i texted him from my boyfriends phone and asked if he can hurry and bring it in time so i can get home he said yes but was taking a very long while he asked me not to rush him and said he's giving my bag to his friends ..so i picked up my bag halfway up the block from them.. and then realized his brother left some of his things in my bag ... i feel he left cause he was thinking "oh this is a lot of stuff to carry she won't mind we meeting up at the same place so ill just take it out when i get to her" so i gave what i saw in my bag back to his friends so they could give it to him... But when i got home i realized he left this thing called fonto in my bag.. so i placed it in my bag so that i can give it back to him the next day.... Then the next day I'm literally going crazy looking for it but i didn't wanna be late for school so i was like imm just come back and get it later then didn't remember where i placed it... so two weeks after my mom goes look on the desk i look i saw a card i asked if it was for me she goes no look.. i look and its the bag i was looking for.. i asked oh where you found it i was looking for it i was suppose to give it to his brother...My mom goes so where you get this weed from ... i said mom its not weed its fonto she goes mhm i said I'm serious smell it you can tell cause weed has a strong oder that has no oder.... she goes i dont wanna smell it ..and then I'm sitting here stressing myself out trying to explain its not weed so then she goes oh your in trouble for hanging out with the wrong crowd in which i wasn't hanging out with the wrong crowd...i just needed my bag i didn't know what he did i just wanted to give it back cause its not mine ....then the next day comes i get an email saying how my birthday package came so i asked my grandma if she seen it she says no i said can i use your phone she goes yeah. then seconds later little girl i put it in your mom room she told me not to give it to you ... so i texted my mom asking i can't try on my dress she goes no i go why she goes cause you brought weed in the house .... and i of course was mad because one its not weed i dead wasted my time explaining it and writing it just for her to have a new reason to blame me but last time it was a because i was hanging with the wrong crowd ... oh and she took off my door because i went to the store for apple juice which was a year ago but still won't give me my door back...i dont want to live with her my grandma takes pictures of my room...goes through my underwear drawer and my mom likes to go in my dirty clothes and smell my clothes... so yes I'm very uncomfortable I'm bout to be 17 and I refuse to live this last year till I'm 18 with her... she is also stopping me from getting jobs what do you think is best for me to do

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are very sorry to hear about your issues with your family. It sounds like you want to leave your home. You could try asking an adult that you trust if they could help you talk to your mom about the possibility of you staying with another family member or close friend. If you don't feel safe at home you could contact CPS. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource to explore your options and get information on how to transfer custody. Another option that you have is looking into emancipation laws for your state. We hope that this information is helpful, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

My family makes me want to kms and I know that I shouldn’t be saying this, but yes you read that right, they’re driving me insane. My mom is like giving all the reasons to slit my wrists again, and I know that I shouldn’t, but she’s tempting me. There was this one time when I was studying and she thought that I was using my phone, so she came inside the room and she told me to give my phone. And so I said no, then she got mad and snatched it from my hands and threw it on the floor twice, but it’s still fixed. So when I was trying to get it, she pushed me down and kicked my back more than five times and i felt like my back was broken. Ever since then, I never liked her and she makes up stories about me beating her when I can’t even raise my fist in front of her.

Comment

Reply: My family makes me want to .....

Hi there,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
          We are sorry that things are not going well between you and your mom. That must be pretty hard for you. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change.

Your safety and well-being is important.
          You do not deserve to be pushed, kicked or abused in any way by any one.
          You are not to blame for what she did. Hurting yourself does not have to be your only option.
          Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

You might also consider calling 9-1-1 for immediate help.
          To report child abuse contact Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453

Sometimes when things are so out of control it is difficult to know just where to turn. You did well reaching out today. We would like you to know NRS is here to listen and here to help. Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe and stay strong,
          NRS
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
          [email protected] (Crisis Email)
          1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
          https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I can in from playing out with my friends and asked my mum if I could sleep over my friends house and she said yes and then she said I have to be back at 10 o’clock in the morning so I said okay then she said I can’t sleep round so was begging and then she said that if I don’t go to my room she is going to kill me so I got to my room and then she started punching kicking and hitting me and she frettend to kill me

Comment

• ccsmod1
              ccsmod1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi, thank you so much for reaching out. It sounds like you were in a very scary situation, but you don't have to go through it alone. We are here to help and available 24/7 at 1800RUNAWAY.

Abuse is very harmful and you do not deserve to be treated that way. One option you have are filing an abuse report (we can help with that over the phone!). This would mean filing a report with the police detailing the incident. If you have any evidence like photos of any bruises or other markings, that could be very helpful. After the report is filed an investigation might follow, and for more specific details on this you can reach out to your local police department's non-emergency line.

It sounds like being at home may not be the safest option, and considering other living arrangements might be beneficial. There are lots of resources available that might be applicable to your situation and we would be happy to help you find some over the phone.

Stay safe,

NRS
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X