No announcement yet.

my mom just punched me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi im 22 years and im going threw the similar thing with my mom some days she could be the nicest sweetes person that when her and her husband are not mad with each other but her and husband are on goos terms my mom likes to act different towarda me and get physcial with me and hittin me with belts and slapping and pushing me i been taking pictures of every bruise she leaves on me but i really dont wanna press chargers on my mom what should i do

Comment

Reply:Hi im 22 years

Hello,
      Thank You for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

You do not deserve to be abused by anyone.
      This behavior should be unacceptable and is certainly not your fault.
      Unfortunately you are beyond our age for services from NRS.

You might consider contacting United Way 3-1-1 or 2-1-1 depending on the state to which you live.
      http://www.unitedway.org/
      United way offers information and referrals to fit your needs.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be Safe,
      NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hi, Um Is it child abuse if my mom punches me in the shoulder?

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us tonight. We're so sorry to hear that your mom punched you in the shoulder. Getting hit is definitely not okay. We don't want to define what abuse is for you, so for more information on child abuse you can reach out to the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1800-422-4453, or you can go to their website which is childhelp.org. They can really help you and talk to you about what abuse is, what is looks like, and what your next steps should be.

We wish you the best of luck with everything!

I dont know if im being abused or not and I dont want to be removed from my home and I dont want my parents taken away. My mom has punched me in my face and has given me a black eye with that punch. My mom has also socked me in my stomache. She has also thrown high heels and other shoes at me. One time, she thrown a shoe at me and made my lip start to bleed. My lip was bruised and puffy. My dad, when I was younger I remember he would pick me up from school and put his hands down my shirt and touch my private parts when he was driving back home. I thought this was just a way of showing love like giving somebody a hug. My dad also is always touching me and my sisters butts. This is very uncomfortable and Ive told him millions of times to stop.

I need help. I dont know what to do, but I dont want to go to foster homes and stuff like that. Please help

Comment

• ccsmod0
          ccsmod0 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello, thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are not sure if what you are experiencing at home is abuse or not. We are not here to tell you that. https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/ is an organization that can give you more information about the state considers abuse and ways to report it if you want to. We are not here to make that choice for you because only you know your experiences, however we are here to support you thought whatever you decide to do. Reporting is a big step and takes a lot of courage so if you want us to help you through the process we will. If reporting is not something that you are comfortable with right now we will be here with you too. Your safety and happiness is our main concern. If there is anything that we can do to help you with that please do not hesitate to give us a call anytime 1-800-786-2929
          If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
          We hope to hear from you soon.
          Be safe,
          NRS

i live with my grandmother and I'm 14. Everyday I come home from school and she's in a bad mood. I ask her what's wrong and she just doesn't reply so I just leave her alone. She then proceeded to scream at me for not doing something right then when I try to fix it she says leave it alone so I do. However sometimes out of rage she will hit me . I didn't think it was a big deal until it started hurting more and more. Recently she hit me on the face and it started to bleed. I don't want to get her in trouble I just want to know if there is a way I can talk to her. It doesn't just hurt physically but also mentally . She's threatened to kick me out multiple times. All I want to know is if there is some way I can talk to her so she knows how I feel. I would rather her take something away if I do something wrong, however I feel that I don't really do anything wrong it's mostly just me getting mad when she hits me for no reason. Please help

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello there,
          Thank you for posting on our forum and sharing your story. It sounds like you’re faced with a lot right now. You don’t deserve to be hurt like you have been. In fact, it sounds like you’re describing abuse and that is NEVER ok and it is NOT your fault.
          You mentioned you didn’t want her to get in trouble. We’re not here to pressure you into getting her in trouble, but you do have the right to report what is happening to you. To find out what could happen if you reported and how to do it, please visit www.childhelp.org.
          You mentioned you’d like to try to talk to her. Your safety is very important to us. It might be helpful to have another adult there with you if you managed to arrange a time to talk with her. Maybe someone you trust like a neighbor, family friend or a friend’s parent would be best in this situation. While talking can sometimes sound like a sensible solution, someone who is hurting you for no reason may not respond well to being questioned about it.
          If you’d like to discuss how this meeting might go or to practice talking to her with someone here, we want to invite you to give us a call. We’re also here to support you in this difficult time. Please feel free to reach us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or Live Chat right here on this site. If you feel like you’re in danger, please call 911.
          Keep safe,
          NRS

I have similar situations , my mom will leave for 2 days my brother and I are teenagers and we will get into heated arguements and all , my mom had put her hands on my older sister fighter as if she is just a women on the streets , kicked her punched her , threw her around , she's hit us with the dogs leash and with belts , just today she threatened to punch me in the face , she has hit before , when I told her I was leaving she hit and hit me , she slapped my sister in the face , she never really did anything to my brother and my sister had called the police on her for punching her in the face but they said that they couldn't do anything because it's her mother and it's not really abuse , it's decipline I think that's how you write it anyways I think we know the difference between decipline and what's not right , she only listens to my step-dad does everything he says but he never really put his hands in us cause my dad said he couldn't, so my mom is all we got now but she seem s to be more aggressive and I admit I have talking back problems but I don't think it's good for someone to hit their child for that

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for reaching out to us about what you’ve been going through. It sounds like you’ve been having a rough time at home with your mom. It is never ok for someone to feel unsafe or physically abused. We are here to listen and help the best way we can.
          If you ever feel in immediate danger, you can always call 911, especially if your mom is threatening your life or being reckless and endangering you and your siblings. Another option is to report this because putting you and your siblings in danger could be considered neglectful or abusive. The national child abuse hotline can help you file a report or provide other options for what you can do in this situation. It is called Child Help 1-800-422-4453. If you would like help doing so, we offer conference calling so you can call us 24/7 at 1-800-786-2929 and we can call Child Help or your local child protective services together.
          If you ever want to talk about what you’ve been going through, feel free to call us here. We are completely confidential and are here to listen and help you. Another option may be to talk to someone at school like a teacher or guidance counselor. However, you should know that anyone who works at school is a mandated reporter, which means if you tell them anything that could be considered abuse or neglect, they are required to report this to child protective services for your own safety and that of your siblings.
          Please do not hesitate to call us or live chat us on our website if you want to talk further or want some more resources like counseling or local youth services. You are incredibly brave to be dealing with all of this. Call us anytime: 1-800-786-2929.
          Stay safe!

Yesterday my mom started yelling at because I didn't let her borrow my shoes then she started calling me names and she wanted me to take her somewhere and I said no because she was being rude I was on the sofa and she tried pulling me to go and I said no leave alone and then she started calling me names again and I told her to leave alone she hit me and left me bruises. I didn't hit her back because that's my mom no matter what but I'm upset with her

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). I’m sorry to hear that you are dealing with a stressful situation at home. Abuse of any kind is not ok. It’s certainly understandable that you’re upset. It’s very mature of you to know that hitting back is not going to help matters.
          Does your Mom normally behave like this or is this something new? There is no excuse for being abusive of course but sometimes there are explanations for unusual behavior. It may help for you to get some advice from an adult you trust who knows your Mom and your family situation. Another source of advice might a school counselor. If you feel like you need to talk to someone anonymously about how to deal with your Mom’s behavior, ChildHelp may be a good option for you. Their number is (800) 422-4453 and their website is www.childhelp.org.
          We take calls 24 hours a day/7 days week and we’d be glad to talk to you in more detail about your situation and determine how else we may be able to help you out.
          Take care of yourself.

my mom just hit me in the face for no apparent reason and I had a panic attack for about 30 min after because of it I don't know what to do...

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us tonight. We are so sorry that your mom did that to you. You definitely do not deserve to be hit. It is understandable that you had a panic attack, as getting hit can be a pretty traumatic situation. Finding the next steps to do in this kind of situation can be difficult, but it's great that you are reaching out for help.

So if you feel comfortable doing so you can file a child abuse report with the National Child Abuse Hotline. Their number is 1-800-422-4453. They are there to help you and listen to you and they can also answer any questions that you may have. If you are hesitant about reaching out to them, you can call us and we can reach out to them for you.

You can also tell a friend, family member, trusted adult, or even a teacher about what is going on at home. It may be a good idea to reach out to others in your area who care for you to see if they can possibly provide you with some resources.

If you'd like to talk more about what you're going through please don't hesitate to reach out to us! You can call us anytime at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we are opened 24/7. We wish you the best of luck with everything.

my mom hit me 13 times for just walking by my sister and accidently kicked her

Comment

• ccsmod5
          ccsmod5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi, thank you for writing in. We're sorry to hear about your situation with your mom. Please know that you absolutely don't deserve to be treated that way. You might consider reaching out to the National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453. If you ever wanna talk about your situation more specifically, please feel free to reach out to us at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

-NRS

My mom is neglecting me for her boyfriend and now I have no where to sleep. I hate being home and i try to be out of the house whenever I can. The counselers at my school didnt help and all my friends are untrustworthy. I hate my sister because she bully's me and my brother is in college. I have no one
        Last edited by ccsmod4; 11-29-2017, 02:03 AM.

Comment

I was just sitting in the dining area when I called my mom down to check my grades I have a F in math and I have a tutor and I’m trying very hard to get it up. I had an extra credit paper due for math and I did it completely but I forgot to staple my work to the back so I couldn't get full credit when she asked why I didn't receive full credit I looked at her and said I forgot to turn in the work I did ..as soon as I finish my sentence she punches me in the face and starts hitting me on my arm after a while she says I’m grounded and I’m not allowed to go outside and if she catches me outside she will beat me in front of everyone with a belt and an extension cord and then she said she will go home and call the police on me and say I beat her like why?. I’m still crying.
          Last edited by ccsmod4; 11-29-2017, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Reply: my mom is neglecting me

Hello,
            Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

We appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
            Some situations can be disappointing and even upsetting thus making things uncertain about what to do or where to turn.
            We understand and we want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
            We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org.

Again tell us what it is you would like us to help you with and we will be happy to explore some options with you.
            You are not alone NRS is here to listen and here to help.
            You did a great job reaching out today. Good for you.
            We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
            NRS
            Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

Reply: I was just sitting in the dining area....

Hello,
              Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

What you described sounds horrible, you do not deserve to be hit and punched.
              You are not at fault for your mother’s behavior it is terrible that she did that to you.
              Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
              If there is a family member or friend you can turn to for support you might consider reaching out to them.
              A school counselor or social worker may also be an option if you are afraid of being hurt at home.

There are laws to protect children from being abused.
              To get assistance Child Help 1-800-422-4453 is an emergency service for abused children.
              Situations can become overwhelming and stressful.
              You did a great job reaching out today.

NRS is here to listen and here to help, if you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of.
              We hope things become much better for you.

Take care,
              NRS

Comment

I TOTALLY relate. Mom just finished yelling at me for a bad grade even though my average is still 83.she started pointing out bad grades and her "bad grades" were 72 and 75 (although the one she was really mad about was a rare 51). she told me i need help - as in a tutor. i got smart-alecky with her (i know-idiot move right!) and she slapped me hard across the arm, punched my school issued macbook and picked up my bookbag and threw it down again. it scared the living daylights out of me. i mean sure, before she's cocked her hand back and told me she was gonna slap my face off but she's never actually laid a hand on me before.

Comment

• ccsmod6
                  ccsmod6 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey there,
                  Thanks for reaching out to us. That sounds like a really scary experience. You definitely don’t deserve to be hit nor threatened in any way. Child Help ( 1-800-422-4453) is an organization that has a lot of resources for people in your situation. If you ever want to talk about your options as far as the abuse you’re experiencing or are in need of emotional support – they would definitely be a good resource for you. We would also love to hear from you to better help you assess your situation and work with you on your options. We’re here 24/7 at 1-800-786-2929. It takes a lot of courage to talk about these kinds of things and you’re being really brave in a difficult situation. We hope to hear from you soon!

my mom constantly makes me feel like she doesnt lovwe me and at points she teels me how she wishes i wasnt heer she only ever makes a big deal when i want to go sumwhere she always critisizes me about everything i do she constantly makes me feel like a hoe and when she hits me she never leaves marks so its not bad yet i just want to runaway and come back i just dont want to be oublic and go on the news or sum i just need a break honestly

Comment

• ccsmod3
                  ccsmod3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry you are having a problem at home and going through such a rough time. No one should be hit by a parent and you deserve to be treated better than this.

It sounds like you really want a break from home. Have you talked with your mom at a time when she isn’t upset about how she makes you feel when she talks to you the way she does when she is upset? Have you spoken to anybody else about what is going on at home? Sometimes just talking with someone close to you can help you cope with the situation. Do you have any relatives or friends who live nearby that you could stay with. Would your mother agree to letting you take a break from home?

We hope that things get better for you. We are really glad you reached out to us. It can take a lot to ask for help and you are trying to figure out your options. If you would like to talk further about your situation please feel free to call (1-800-RUNAWAY) or chat with us. We’re here to listen, here to help.

Wish you the best of luck!

-NRS
              Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x
              Working...
              X