No announcement yet.

my mom just punched me

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom was abut to punch my face

When she was leaving the house I locked the door. We had an argument because she supposedly gave me something but she didnt . Then she started to slam the door and came in furious and raised her hand in a fist and tried to kick me then she said next time she was going to break my teeth off. I got scared what should I do?

Comment

Re: my mom just punched me

Hello,
      Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.
      First off we want to say that abuse whether its physical, sexual, emotional or verbal, it is never okay and you do not deserve it and do have the right to report it. We know that you mentioned that you have talked to the police and that they told you that you can report it. We want you to know that you do have the right to make a report with Child Protective Services. Child Help USA is an information and referral line that can connect you with your local CPS abuse hotline. That number is 1-800-422-4453. If you ever felt like making a report or needed help, we are here to assist with that. We understand that making an abuse report can be intimidating so if you like we can call together to provide support.
      It sounds like after an argument with your mother you are not feeling scared. You deserve to feel safe in your own home. No one has the right to threaten your safety. We want you to know that we recognize that takes a lot of courage to reach out for help. If you feel comfortable you can give us a call and one of our trained liners will be happy to talk to you more about your situation. 1-800-RUNAWAY

Comment

My mum slapped me in the side of the face full force

Comment

Re: my mom just punched me

We're glad you reached out to us. You definitely don’t deserve to be hit by anyone. That must be have been a scary situation for you. If you would like to learn more about what constitutes as abuse www.childhelp.org / 1-800-422-4453 can help.
          Thank you again for contacting us. Please call or chat with us if you'd like to talk more about what happened or explore other resources, we’re here to help 24 hours a day.
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here:

National Runaway Safeline
          info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
          1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NRSOnlineServicesSurvey

Comment

Fist fight with mom

My mom and I got into a fight . We usually have verbal fights but this one turned physical . It was over grades .. I have As and Bs and a 4.6 gpa , but she says I can do better and I should get harder . I got offended and we were texting and arguing all throughout the day . She turned off my phone and I started crying in class and everything . I texted her off of wifi and says " can I go live with someone else " she says " absolutely " . So I get home and pack some clothes . She comes home and starts arguing and yelling and I get mad . She tells me to unpack the bags so I'm doing that and I'm throwing the clothes out the bag . She tells me to stop but I keep doing it . She then takes her phone out and records me . She tells me to get out . I then say ok and look for my wallet . She says no get out now . I curse at her and proceed to look for my wallet . She continues to scream and yell and I got fed up and threw a lunchbox at her . She then charges at me and starts punching me over and over . She got me in my eye and it's now black and swollen . She says get out again so I bend down to put on shoes and she grabs my Neck and continues to tell me to get out . I run out and slam the door and I went to a friends house and used their phone . I don't know if that's self defense because I threw something or what . I know I was wrong , but was she wrong too ?

Comment

RE: Fist fight with mom

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We’re incredibly grateful to be able to help you sort through this seemingly painful and overwhelming situation.

While we cannot answer your question directly as to who was wrong, we do want you to know that regardless of right or wrong, no one is ever justified in physically harming or neglecting another person and it does sound as if there were several points in your story in which you had attempted to protect yourself from further harm. Just know that you always have the right to report any abuse (physical, mental, sexual, or neglect) to your local police department, family member, or child protective service in your state. If that is something that you don’t really feel comfortable with doing, you can always give us a call to help answer any questions about the process or to walk you through what steps there are.

It’s very easy to get caught up in the specifics of the argument, but it may be useful to look at the bigger picture of what had happened with your mom and to understand that regardless of what happens, you deserve to be treated with respect and to feel safe at home.
              Though we may not have answered your question fully, we do hope that this was a bit helpful for you. If you’d like to talk more or gain resources relevant to what you are facing at home, we are always here to help. Our lines are open 24/7.

Take care.
              Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here:

Tell us what you think about your experience!
              https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Lexi

I got hit tonight I was told to get up and do somthing but I forgot and laid in my room bout to txt my mom and ask her what it was I fell asleep she came in had a paddle and hid me all over my body with it as hard as she could I have a bruise and red marks and now she wants me to switch my schools like that will help I even want to switch

Comment

re: Lexi

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. If you are in immediate danger, please call your local police for assistance. We are hearing that your mom told you to do something, but you didn't hear and then she hit you. You don't deserve to go through that. We are here to help if you need us. Please give us a call if you need us to help.

Be safe,
                  NRS

Comment

My dog bit and went to put it on a time out then my grandma hit me now I'm bleeding

So today i went to the kitchen to play wih my dog but my dog got carried away and bit so i went to put in a time out.but my grandma said no that he needs to be in a time out so he can learn.While we were argueing she grabbed him and I went and tried to get him.then she out him down and started to hit me and now I'm bleeding. Please call the police i need help. I'm hiding the bathroom.
                    Last edited by ccsmod10; 10-19-2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

My dog bit and went to put it on a time out then my grandma hit me now I'm bleeding

Hello There!

Thanks for reaching out to us. We apologize for the delayed response. It sounds like you are in need of some immediate help. We hope that you were able to call 911 to get medical attention. If you are looking to report what you just went through with child protective services you can always call Child Help and 1800-422-4453. Please call us at 1800-RUNAWAY if you want to talk more about what you are going through right now.
                      Stay Strong,
                      NRS

Comment

My friend has been havin a rough time we live in arkansas. Well her dad has been abusin her and the school finally stepped in an called department of human services they said they would investigate well they let her go back over there and he did it again and well they just closed the case and said he was not guilty but this is not the first time he has done this. She wants to get emancipated but she is only 16 her mom knows and doesnt do anything and doesnt care and still makes her go see him is there anything we can do? Due to her age she is limited with jobs. Please give us advise

Comment

• ccsmod2
                          ccsmod2 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hey,

We at NRS are non directive, so we are unable to give advice on what your friend should do in her situation. There are resources she can call for support such as Child Help. They can speak with her about ways to stay safe if she is unable to leave home. Their number is 1-800-422-4453. Here is some information that we have about emancipation in Arkansas:
                          Age of majority in Arkansas is 18; however, a child as young as 16 may petition the court for emancipation. Minors may file a lawsuit with the assistance of a next friend (court appointment) or guardian (parent or legal guardian).
                          You must be able to prove that your parents don't mind if you move out; that you can support yourself financially (and legally); that you are mature enough to live independently; and that it would be in your best interest.You can call the Legal Services number for more information at 1-800-952-9243.

Good luck,
                          NRS

My mum hits me

It started when I moved she became so angry the first time was when I couldn't sleep and I was checking the time for my phone (I was 10) she came in at the wrong time and thought I was on my phone I explained and then she said okay like everything is fine. The next day after I have done my homework she drags me to the living room holds my hands together takes off her slippers and started to slap me with it continually and she kept saying why are you lying why are you lying. This was the time when Child Abuse was illegal in Ireland. Since that inccident she had hit me loads of time the other major time was when I had to do the dishes (I was 11) I had a limp and I couldn't walk fast My cousin and his friend came over at the time then she grabbed me by my hair and threw me on the floor and she said that she would kill me I had never been more scared in my life. The next major one is the newest one (I'm 12 nearly 13) was when I came home from school and I asked my mum if I could go to the shops to get some school materials for home ec she said no (I walk with my cousin back home so she came to my house to say by) when she left my mum told me to come again and started to hit and punch me she I held my hands up for defence and she got angry because of this then she threw me on the floor and started to get whatever she could to throw at me she got my school shoes and then she got her bag that is full of all her stuff she hit my nose and than it started bleeding like crazy (the doctors say to my mum that for me simple things can trigger my nose bleed like the weather) I had to go get an Ice pack to put on my nose and she said that I deserved it blood got all over my school uniform people were asking about it the next day I am so scared and I always do whatever so can to get away from home and I always make up lies to explain blood nobody knows about this except me and my mum my mum would KILL me if I told anybody I need help I don't know what to do please reply quickly

Comment

• ccsmod1
                          ccsmod1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out. We are so sorry to hear about what you have been through. You do not deserve to be abused in any way, and what your mother has done is not okay. It is understandable that you are feeling scared and upset. We are here to listen and support you however we can and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. In Ireland, there is an organization called Childline Ireland which may be able to help you. You can call 116111 or 1800 66 66 66, or check out their website: https://www.childline.ie/

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Best of luck,

NRS

Help my. mom hit me stupid stuff this not the first time she did it a few beforehmm

Comment

• ccsmod6
                          ccsmod6 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us tonight. We are so sorry that your mom hit you. You do not deserve to be hit, ever. Abuse is never okay, no matter how many times she has done it. We want you to know that you have a right to report what's going on between you and your mom. If you feel comfortable doing so you can file a child abuse report with child protective services. For more information on that you can go to childhelp.org or reach out to Child Help's national child abuse hotline at 1-800-422-4453. If you ever feel like your life is in immediate danger please don't hesitate to call 911. We want to make sure you are safe.

You can always reach out to us again if you want more information on things or need anymore resources. Our hotline is 1-800-RUNAWAY, we are 24/7 so someone will always be here to answer your questions and see what else we can do for you.

We wish you the best of luck!

I don't know if I should be contacting this run away hotline but I'm doing it because I don't feel safe in my home.

ever since I was little my mom would scream at my when I make a simple yet non irritable comment or question. She begins to call me a ********** and screams remarks that make no sense to the situation. She also calls me a "piece of ********" as my dad does as well. Ever since I started middle school (I am a junior in high school now) my mom tries to swing her fist at me and some times she misses and sometimes she will slap me, she also squeezes my wrists and digs her nails in my skin leaving indents, and sometimes scratches that will start to bleed.
                        Tonight I was helping her with an upcoming party we will be having for my brothers graduation and I asked where she would like me to put a projector we recently bought. She then screamed at me yelling "shut the ******** up and listen to me **********!" While throwing a plastic pipe at me that makes the projector screen. I then proceeded to yell back to defend myself then walk away, she yells more cursing at me threatening to take my car keys. I then come back to help because my plan is to run away with my car tonight. I calmly told her not to yell at me or I wouldn't help her. She then swigs at me hitting me and pulls me by the collar on my shirt at stretches it ripping the seem. I calmly helped her put the screen up because I was scared. She then acts as if nothing had happened. I have had sucidal thought throughout my life and I self harm sometimes. She verbally abuses me about the way I look and I developed an eating disorder. What should I do?

Comment

• ccsmod2
                          ccsmod2 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hey there,

We're hearing that you feel your mom is harming you and you seem to feel fed up with that. If you are having trouble and need someone to talk to, you can contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. There is also the National Eating Disorders Association as well at 1-800-931-2237. If you feel unsafe directly and are in danger, you can contact the local police in your area. Should you need resources, you can call or chat with us.

Take care,
                          NRS

Hi, I didnt know how to post an actual message so i am going to type my message in a reply response. So my mom and I fight pretty often over my grades because they are not that good. And that is all we fight about and also how I use my phone too much. But lately, I do not care as much if she takes away my phone and usually I hand it over because I can control myself. My mom has kicked me before and actually 2 days she kicked me in the stomach and my moms boyfriend was at the house too. before she kicked me she had a bag in her hand and she tried to throw it at my face but she pissed. I stormed to my room like any teenager would do and I started crying. My moms boyfriend tried to call my mom down and after 30 minutes he finally did. When my mom was calmed down a little he came into my room and talked to me about what happened. I did not face him because I was also crying and honestly snot and tears were falling down my face but I still responded to his questions because I know he wants to help. However, my moms boyfriend cant help as much because he doesnt come over that often and his job got moved to Atlanta, but he does come at least 2 times a month. He left for the airport yesterday to go back to Atlanta and before he left he came into my room and told me that he told my mom that she is not allowed to punch and kick me. Then today we got into another fight before she had to go to work and she punched me again. Just to be clear she is not punching me in the face, but she is still punching me in the stomach. Now, I don't cry that much in school because I dont want people to feel bad about me but when my mom and i fight i start crying a second after she hurts me. she is always arguing about my grades. a couple weeks ago she got mad again and she said that she wanted to kill me out of anger. and she can say that out of anger but she decided not to think that she was at fault too. she wanted me to drop the fact that she told me she wanted to kill me and i just couldnt. i kept on telling her that she is not allowed to say that to me and then she changes the topic back onto schoolwork. she said she was sorry but all she said was sorry. i wanted her to actually feel sorry because if she is just saying sorry she doesnt know what exactly she is sorry for. i wanted her to say : (insert my name here), I am sorry that I said that I wanted to kill you. I was mad. Can you please forgive me. and if she said that i would have dropped the fight and moved on. but the fact that she just couldnt say that sentence without mentioning anything else. before my moms boyfriend left to go to the airport he specifically told my mom to not kick or hit me. a day passed and she does exactly what he told her not to do, What do i do? Also, my parents are divorced and i cant live with my dad beause he is working out of the country right now. However my stop-mom lives 10 minutes away from where I live but I cant live with her. what do i do? Sorry you guys dont have to reply to this. It just felt good to get my thoughts out. I talk about this type of stuff to 1 of my friends but she cant talk all the time and i dont want to tell her everything because i dont want to scare her off in some way and make it unconfortable for her. but it did feel nice and relaxing to get my thoughts out. nobody has to reply to this. i dont want to waste ur time.

Comment

• ccsmod15
                          ccsmod15 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you so much for reaching out, it takes a lot of courage to ask for help. We’re here to help in whatever way we can! You should know that you absolutely don’t deserve to be treated the way your mother is treating you. It sounds like you’ve been incredibly strong through everything, despite how tough your situation has been.
                          Based on the way you’ve described the situation with your mother, it sounds like it could be classified as abuse. Given this, you have the option to file an abuse report against your mother. There’s multiple ways you can do this. Firstly, you can always contact your local law enforcement and they can help with that process. Furthermore, your counselors at school are also “mandated reporters,” so they are required to report it if you talk to them about it. Lastly, if you’d like to give us a call we’re more than happy to walk through that process with you to file a report.
                          If you decide to leave home, we also have an extensive list of shelters which we can use to help find you a place to stay. If you decide to go this route, I’d recommend giving us a call so that we can discuss your situation further so that we can make sure we provide the best resource for you.
                          Again, thank you for reaching out to us! It’s good to see that you’re exploring your options and trying to find the best step forward. If you’d like to talk in more depth, feel free to give us a call (1-800-RUNAWAY) or chat online with us. We’re here to help in whatever way we can!
                      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      x
                      Working...
                      X