Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My mom punches me and calls me a **** up and wishes I was never born

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS) through the online forum. You seem to have suffered emotional and physical pain from your family which you do not deserve. Those words sound hurtful, and from what you shared it has affected you in many ways. It seems you have reached a breaking point and now feel stuck with what to do. We are here to offer support to you during this difficult time. If you are in any physical danger you have the right to contact local authorities as well as report any abuse to child protective services. If you wanted to learn more about child abuse reporting, you can always call out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 (www.childhelp.org).

We are best able to help if you reached out by phone or chat. Our crisis line is open 24/7 but chat has limited hours and operates on Central Standard time.

You do not have to go through this alone. There is support for you. We are here to listen and to help. We can help explore safe options that are best for you such as turning to a school counselor, trusted adult, or reaching out to professional services to help intervene and keep you safe.

We hope to hear from you soon by phone or chat.

Please be safe and take care,

NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod6; 01-17-2016, 01:31 AM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Re: my mom just punched me

so I was ironing my pants an my mom said I was doing them wrong so she started doing it an then started yelling an
      cussing.then she turned around an started hitting me for no reason at all at that moment I wanted to punch her right in the face. what should I do

Comment

RE: Re: my mom just punched me

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. It sounds like you are in a really tough situation. You do not deserve to be punched or hit, and it sounds like this altercation with your mom was very serious. WE are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. We can help you come up with options and a plan to stay safe. It sounds like you have been through a lot. One option could be to file an abuse report. If you are thinking about that, we can help you figure out if it is your best option and help file a report if you want. If you are not safe at home right now, we can also help you figure out somewhere safe where you can go. It was very brave for you to reach out. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

i went through this

As a child (5-9)my mothers form of discipline was to slap, curse, or ignore me for periods of time she pays more attention to her phone than me and my brother and when we fail at something all she says is do it right instead of positive encouragement I asked if I could live with my dad she said it' either here or the streets my dad left when she first hit me I go with him once in a while I am now 14 almost 15 she now verbally and emotionally abuses me she treats me like a dog she only buys clothes every once in a while so people don't get suspicious she has me do everything from washing her car to cleaning her room what should I do

Comment

Thank you for using our bulletin service.
            First off we want to say that abuse whether its physical, emotional or verbal, it is never okay and you do have the right to report it and do not deserve it. You might consider making a report with Child Protective Services. Child Help USA is an information and referral line that can connect you with your local CPS abuse hotline. That number is 1-800-422-4453. If you ever felt like making a report or needed help, we are here to help with that. We can call together and be support to you.
            Additionally, if you ever need a safe place to go, we also can provide you with various resources for agencies in whatever area you are in to best help you during this difficult time. You can always call us yourself to talk about what you are going through and receive some support. We provide free, confidential, and nonjudgmental services. Everyone deserves to be respected and loved.
            We do not want to leave you without options because your safety is our number one priority. We hope you can think over the option of calling us if you wish to further discuss alternatives. We hope you remain safe and good luck.
            1-800-RUNAWAY

Comment

My mom pushed me to the ground

I have anger issues and mental disorders which causes me to get mad at thing people normally wouldn't get mad about. Sometimes I am in a stage were I am so angry I will slap or slightly hit my mom. I do not try to do it. My mom doesn't understand that I can't control how mad I get. My mom doesn't have issues she can choose how mad she gets and what she does she chose to push me to the ground right when I wasn't arguing with her. She said, "well you do to me on "PURPOSE". I can't control how mad I get and sometimes I'll throw stuff at her because she is physically hurting me by annoying me to death when she knows I have anger issues. And it doesn't give her the right to push because she can control what she does when she's mad. I just wish someone will understand that I can't control myself when I'm mad

Comment

Re: My mom pushed me to the ground

Hello There!

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It seems like you are really upset and concerned that there are some really difficult issues at your home. It’s brave of you to reach out, and we’re here to help you in the best way we can.
                It sounds like anger between you and your Mom is escalating into physical abuse. No one deserves to be abused in any way. We want you to have the National Domestic Violence Hotline at (800) 799-7233 as a resource you can call anytime and talk with a trained professional about your experience.
                It may be good to talk with someone about anger management counseling as well. If you call or chat with us, we’d be glad to help you with resources and working through options to support you. We can be reached on our 24/7 Safeline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our live chat at 1800runaway.org.

We look forward to hearing from you, and wish you the best of luck in the future.

Best Wishes,
                NRS

Comment

my dad hit me ...

I feel unsafe in my house since the day after last Mother's Day . I didn't take out the garbage and my dad was getting mad at me telling me that I better take out the trash cause it's SOOOOOOO Important . Then I asked him " if it's so important, why am I the only one taking it out ? " so he got up and started walking towards me saying " shut up ! " repeatedly . Then he started trying to hit me saying " let's go . " he punched me and knocked me over, I got up and was going to take him down but knocked down my grandma by accident in the process . I was not hurt except for a couple cold sores in my mouth where he hit me . But I am still afraid that he would still hit me . Not afraid to get hurt , but after that day , the whole week after I had thoughts of killing him ... I felt I was insane , but that's all I could think about . I think he is on drugs because he sleeps a lot on the couch in the kitchen , which by the way is super embarrassing when guests come over . And then he wakes up to eat then sleeps again for a very long time . Like 3 or 4 days usually , and then when he wakes up , he is a complete douche bag . I just wish he would go back to sleep ... Forever . Irritates me just by doing nothing ALL DAY . To me he is a complete waste of space . He eats all the food that he doesn't even buy , has no job to pay even a penny for the bills , hell he even asks me for money . I've stopped giving him money a while ago since he still owes me $76 . But I feel like I still have to listen to him because he is my dad . The only thing that works on him is his mouth . I'm sorry if this seems like hate mail ... I just hate him since he hit me ... The thoughts of killing him have gone away , but if he touches me again I'm going to call the cops , and I'll make sure he goes prison . Is there any way any of this can be avoided ? Can I get a restraining order or something ?

Comment

re: my dad just hit me...

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. It seems that you and your dad are having some problems at home. You don't really get along and he has been physically abusive towards you. You seem frustrated with all of this and it has caused you to want to kill your dad. That sounds tough. If you do feel that you are in danger, you are on the right track with your idea of calling the police. They are the ones who can help you most immediately in that situation. We are not legal experts, so we don't know how old you have to be to file a restraining order on your own. It's a good idea to contact a local court office to see what that process looks like and what the requirements are. As far as avioding the situation, you may want to think of ways you can be safe. You are welcome to contact Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 and talk through some strategies with them.

If you need us again you are welcome to reach out.

Take care,
                    NRS

Comment

My grandma just hit me and now face is bleeding

So recently my grandma has been really mean to me and yelling and me and stuff for dumb reasons. So today I was watching some TV with my brother and my grandma came on the living room randomly and grabbed me. Then she sat me up and yelled "SIT UP!" Then she hit me. Now my face is bleeding and in scared. She always thinks my brother is amazing because he's a little younger than me but we are twins so we are both the same age. I need an answer and I know it's something around abuse because when I was young she would always hit me for no reason and grab me. I don't want to call 911 but should I?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to runaway safeline. We are glad you contacted us.

That situation with your grandma sounds really horrible, and it makes sense that you’re scared. No one should ever be treated that way.

Everyone deserves to be in a safe and supportive place. You know your situation best, so if you think this sort of behavior will continue, then you can contact Child Protective Services to report what you are going through. You can also call Child Help USA anonymously and ask info questions about CPS and what the next steps might be. (1-800-422-4453.)

Also, think about whether you have other friends and relatives you can turn to who you trust. It’s always helpful to have a support network, and people in your life you can speak with who will listen to you, and what you’re going through.

Also, feel free to call us. We are available 24/7 and can talk through the situation in more detail. Again, it’s terrible that you are going through this, and awesome that you are taking steps to find a safe and supportive environment.

Comment

I hate her

My mom is ways abusive... I can't take it anymore I need to runaway with my boyfriend next year. He'll be 18 and I'll be 15

Comment

re: I hate her

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are going through a tough time with your family and you really want to be out on your own. In most states if you are 15, there is a possibility that you could be sent back home if you do come in contact with the police. As your legal guardian, your mom would have a right to call the police and report you as a runaway. As for the future, it may be a good idea to think of a plan or back up plan for yourself and how you would be surviving if you left. It must be really difficult for you to have to go through physical abuse from your mom and also have her yelling, saying harsh things to you. It sounds like you’re dealing with a stressful situation. Is there anyone that you can talk to about what is happening, or anywhere that you feel safe to be? For example, are you involved in any activities, or hobbies that allow you to spend time away from home for a while? If not, you can contact Child Help USA on their hotline or website, to speak with someone about abuse and ways you can stay safe. Their number is 1-800-422-4453.

You can always contact us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Lastly, please note that we offer a live chat via our website at www.1800runaway.org every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST.

Take care and stay safe,
                            NRS

Comment

My mom just punched me

My punched me in the street only because I didn't want to go get some newspaper and I roll my eyes she's always fighting only because I'm not normal I like different stuff only because I want white miles shoes doesn't mean that I work like s nurse she doesn't have to judge me

Comment

Re: My mom just punched me

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. It sounds like your mom has been aggressive towards you. You certainly do not deserve to be mistreated and no one has the right to punch you or to put their hands on you. It’s great that you are taking steps to reach out for help. Maybe there’s someone else, a family member, relative, a trusted family friend, who can intervene by advocating on your behalf.

Reporting abuse is also an option. We know that this can be really intimidating and really difficult for a lot of people. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

We would love to talk with you more about your situation and offer you more information. We’re here 24/7, just give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Stay strong,
                                NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                x
                                Working...
                                X