•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod13
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,

Thank you for taking the brave step to reach out to NRS and share a bit about your situation. It is never okay for a parent to hit their child and what happened is not your fault. You deserve to be treated in a way that makes you feel safe and cared for.

You deserve to be getting support with this challenging situation. We encourage you to reach out to people that you trust. Sometimes having a safe space to talk about things can help you brainstorm ideas to make your situation better you had not thought of previously. Trusted adults to talk to might include friend's parents, family members, or a counselor at school.

If you are not quite ready to talk to someone in person, there is an organization called Child Help which advocates for young people in abusive or unsafe situations. You can contact them at 1-800-422-4453 or go to childhelp.org to talk more about your options.

We truly want to be a support for you as you decide on your next steps. We are available 24/7 to listen and help as much as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out again by phone or chat if you would like to talk more in-depth about your situation and explore your options. You can contact us by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at www.1800runaway.org.

Guest replied
    I was outside in a parking lot and my mother punched me so hard that I fell to the ground. She was talking to me and she sad don't look away, and I think she thought I looked away so she punched me.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Hi there, thanks for reaching out today.

That seems hurtful that your mom hits and your sister and your feelings are valid. Here at NRS, we truly want to support your during this difficult time.

You mentioned that your mom hits you, and that concerns us. If you would like to talk more about what you are experiencing please do not hesitate to call or chat us (1-800-RUNAWAY or www.1800runaway.org). You might have options with reporting any abuse at home, and we can also look up local resources that might be able to help. If you feel safe talking to your mom or a supportive adult, you might let them know how you are feeling. You so deserve to be heard and supported.

We are here 24/7 if you need to talk to anyone or go over your options. You are not alone.

Best of luck,

NRS

Guest replied
    my mom hits me and my sister but not my 10 year old sister is that fare?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. Suicide can be a permanent solution to temporary problems and the world is a much better place with you in it. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I am going to commit suicide.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You don’t deserve to be abused like this by anyone.
    It’s not your fault that someone did this to you.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 9-1-1 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If you are minor being abused contact Child Help 1-800-422-4453

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I had a headache so I had to turn down my lights in the bathroom. I tried to explain to her why I turned the lights down. She got really mad and punched me then pushed me to the ground. What do I do?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    replied
    Hello! Thank you so much for reaching out, we appreciate you seeking help during this difficult time.

To begin with, you mentioned that your mom has punched and slapped you before, and has done it to one of your brothers before as well. No one should have to endure any abuse whether it be physically, emotionally, or mentally. If you find yourself in that situation again, you may look into the possibility to reaching out to your local authorities, and see if they can get child protective services involved. The National child abuse hotline is a great resource as well to report abuse, and offer services to further better your recent situation, they can be reached anytime at 1800) 422-4453. You may also see if your school counselor is available to have a heart to heart conversation with you, about what has been going on at home, and how that makes your feel.

Furthermore, you stated that you’ve cut yourself before because you couldn’t help your brother when your guardian was abusing him. You’re really brave for having to endure the whole situation with your brother, and we want you to know that you’re not alone. We care about your safety state an, and wouldn’t want you to keep self-harming. If you ever feel like you need to talk to someone about yourself harm, you may contact the substance abuse and mental health services hotline at 1800) 662-4357. Another option you could consider would be contacting the national alliance on mental illness at 1800) 950-6264.

We hope that you can seek help from these options discussed, and want you to know that we care about your safety, you’re not alone in this battle. In fact, you’re really brave for going through this difficult time in your life. If for whatever reason you require additional assistance, or want us to make a call on your behalf, feel free to call us at 1800) 786-2929. Best of luck!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I got in trouble for not doing chores then when i was folding laundry my mom came up to me in my face then i looked at her and i looked down to keep folding laundry and she said i rolled my eyes and she kept punching me and slapping me i didnt cry bc i felt like i was used to it then my siblings said that my face was swollen and if i dont do anything i just think it will get worse i really want to tell someone but she will get mad and everyone will hate me and I’m only 12 and I’ve been adopted before and I’m just really scared that I’m going to mess up the relationship i have with them i really like my family sometimes but i just cant tell anyone and like when i was in 6th grade i cut myself bc i saw my brother Sam go threw it and i didnt help so i just felt bad so what should i do??

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    My mum just punched me and my eye hurts help

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best

We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I have a ear infection and my mom punched me in the ear and my whole head is just pain please help

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Thank you so much for reaching out! You’ve taken the initiative in seeking help, and it does not go unnoticed

To begin with, you mentioned that there is physical abuse going on in the household when. No one deserves to go through any psychical, emotional, or verbal abuse. You’re really brave for being open about your abuse experiences, and if the abuse is re-occurring, you can reach out to the National Child Abuse hotline at 1800)422-4453.Another option to explore would be to seek out help through a school counselor, they may be able to explore options with you on how to go about handling your situation at home. If at any time you feel unsafe, you can text the national safe place the word SAFE and your location at 44357. They would send you a text with the closest safe place near you.

Again, we’re really glad appreciative you reached out to us! It takes a lot to ask for help and you’re trying to figure out your options which is really good to see. If you need any additional resources or would like to chat further, you can always give us a call at 1800) 786-2929. Remember, you’re not alone in this, best of luck!
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X