Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my mom is beating me

my mom is a mean person she was punching me in the face and we called the cops and they did nothing and i live with my mowmo with my mom in a big houce and she wants to leave to a home less shelter and i dident want to go so she started hitting me in the face and gave me a concushin and wants me to go to bed what shold i do

Comment

Re: my mom is beating me

Hello there,

It sounds like you’re going through a really difficult time and we hope you realize you don’t deserve to be beaten by your mom. We’re very sorry the cops weren’t able to do anything and you’re still getting hit. At this point it seems like you may need emergency medical help if you have a concussion. We recognize this can be scary so if you’d like reaching out to emergency services or Child Protective Services, feel free to call or chat with us first and we can help you make those calls. Child Help USA might also be a good resource for you. https://www.childhelp.org/hotline/ Stay safe and good luck!
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Idk

My brother called me a tomboy and inhale being called that because kids would call me that when I was a kid and bully me. And my moms like yeah your a tomboy and I got mad and I told her to shut up and she smacked me and punched me in the back of the head and it hurts.

Comment

Re: Idk

Thanks for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We're sorry your brother called you a tomboy and that other kids bullied you when you were younger. You also mentioned your mom smacking you and punching you in the back of the head which we can't imagine felt very good physically or mentally. You don't deserve to be treated that way and there is support available if you feel that would help. http://www.stopbullying.gov/ and http://www.pacer.org/Bullying/ are two anti-bullying organizations. As far as your mom's actions if you believe this to be abuse there is Child Help of America which provides information and guidance in abuse situations. https://www.childhelp.org/hotline/ We're here also to provide support to the best of our ability and you're welcome to continue talking on our Live Chat if you'd like. Good luck!
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

Fights with my mom

I have been getting into fights with my mom lately. First fight we were in my aunts car and she started bawling and then my aunt got mad at me and was going to take us to the police to "straighten me up" well I gladly told her to take me and then my mom started punching me. In the side of the face, my hip, and my arm. I couldn't really do much but sit there and think about how my mom actually hit me. Moms aren't supposed to do that. I told my aunt to take me to the police and she declined and said if I ever told anybody she would have to be put behind bars because she would knock me to the ground. Once we came home I ran into my room and started packing my things. My mom came in and pulled me down to the ground by my hair and started punching me in the face. I screamed and my brother heard and pulled her off of me. I got grounded for a month and I was scared to tell anyone because I live in a small town. Everyone knows everyone and if I told everyone would hear about it. Second fight was a little after school let out. It was my turn to do dishes but I was asleep (it was midnight) and she came in my room and started yelling and jerking the covers off of me about giving me a heart attack and almost making me fall off my bed so I screamed at her because I was angry. I went out and angrily did the dishes and once I was done I went back to my room to go back to bed only to see that my door was locked. We fought, she couldn't find the key to unlock it, I got angry and stormed out of the house (probably 1 am by that time) and she opened up the door and told me to not come back that she was locking the doors and then she slammed the door shut and turned off the outside lights. I stayed out there for an hour crying and walking around my neighborhood (I'm only 14 and child moelsters live near us) eventually I walked back to my house and saw that my grandma that lives with us was smoking on the porch so I came back inside from that door and she ran at me and we fought and then she grabbed my wrists really hard and started yelling at me and wouldn't let me go. Then I finally got her to let go and was getting some shoes to leave again and she took a pot out of the sink and threatened to throw it at me. I laughed and told her to do it (knowing it would leave proof of her throwing it at me and the police would take me away from that monster) but she slammed it back into the sink and my aunt came over and started yelling at me. I eventually fell asleep (on the couch. I got back into my room four days later) at four am. Next fight was last night. I don't have many friends. Most people don't really like me because I never get out of my house (my mom doesn't want me to go out with people) and last night was the first time in a long time I went to hang out with some friends. I went to the parade with my two friends and one of their moms drove me. Well after the parade there was the carnival and I went with my two friends and met up with some more there. I had fun with my friends and finally went home. One of my guy friends drove me and my two other friends home. I got home at around 11:30 (carnival closed at 11 and I was the last one to get dropped off home since I was the farthest one away) once I came inside my mom told me I was grounded for the rest of the summer. Me being a teenager with my night ruined I got really mad. I started yelling. I never did anything wrong so why was I in trouble? After a lot of arguing I went into my bedroom after her telling me to shut up. I slammed my door and told her to shut her mouth. She ran into my room and lifted her arm as to punch me and I kicked her a little in the stomach to get her off of me(I was cornered on my bed). I started packing my things after she told me she was calling the cops because if they came I was going to tell them how abusive she is. I heard her call them and sadly it went to voicemail I fell asleep around 2 and had to hide my phone in my pants to type this. I just don't know what to do anymore. I want to tell someone but what if they don't believe me? I don't want to see her ever again. I will never forgive her for abusing me, never.

Comment

Re: my mom just punched me

Hi there,

We're glad you found a way to reach out to us and we're really sorry you've been having to deal with some much abuse. You don't deserve to be abused and it sounds like you're wanting to tell someone, but at the same time have concerns. Deciding whether or not to make an abuse report and the report itself can be a major decision. You deserve to feel safe in your home; however, it is hard to know the exact outcome if you make an abuse report. Documenting evidence of physical abuse by taking pictures or calling the police immediately after it happening it can help. Please know that if you are experiencing emotional or mental abuse or physical abuse without marks and aren't able to document, it still doesn't mean you deserve to be treated that way. Unfortunately though those types of abuse can be more difficult to show. Also, if you do want help making an abuse report, we can help you through that process. You are more than welcome to reach out to us directly either through our Live Chat or our hotline. There is also Child Help of America which offers help and information in abuse situations. https://www.childhelp.org/

It sounds like things have gotten pretty intense these past few days and we imagine the constant fighting isn't helping how you feel at home. You do have the right to contact the police if another incident occurs and we can also help you with that call if you'd like to reach out to us first. We truly hope you are able to stay safe both at home and away from home if you decide to leave. We hope to talk or chat with you soon!

Comment

i feel unsafe

so sometimes I can be disrespectful to my mom. me and my mom have been arguing a lot and she's been getting abusive she took my phone my computer and she won't let me come out of my room. she say's im being "punished like a prisoner". I try to come out and she yells at me and gets in my face. Last night she hit my in the face and tried to hit me with a hammer. I snuck the labtop in my room just so I could type this. Right now my mom and her boyfriend our up on the couch talking and he's teller her she need to beat the ******** out of me more. All I did was say "leave me alone I don't feel good" and wouldn't get up off the couch. I really want to leave I really need to leave. I don't want to leave the town I'm in and I don't want to go live with other family members ( they all live out of state). is there anyway I can just go live with a friend for a while and leave a note telling my mom im leaving? I don't feel safe at home at all and I don't want to leave Missouri to live with someone else

Comment

RE: i feel unsafe

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. It sounds like you’re going through a lot right now but we’re glad that you were able to manage getting in contact with us. We’re here to try to help you out in any way that we can.

It sounds like you have been feeling unsafe at home and your mom has tried to hit you with a hammer. This has got to be pretty scary for you and you do not deserve to be going through this. If you ever want to report this, you can call Child Help USA at (800) 422 4453 to do so, or you can call us here at 1800runaway and we can make that report with you or on your behalf.

It sounds like you’ve got ideas as far as other support systems, but your relatives are not in the same state as you. You asked about living with a friend for a while. We’re not legal experts unfortunately, but generally speaking if you leave before the age of 18 without permission/consent from legal guardians, they would have the right to make a runaway report. If a report is made, and the police find you, typically they would just bring you back home. However, anyone that you stay with could potentially be charged for harboring.

Please do call or chat to talk further through your options. We are here to help you through this.

Best of luck,
                  NRS

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

My mom punched me!

Hi, today I was a my moms Halloween at work thing and then she was yelling at me to smile for the camera which I already was doing, then she kept it up and I ran away, curled up into a ball on a couch, she found me and cocked me in the cheak bone (I'm really skinny) and it hurt like hell then she told me to go into the car so she wouldn't be embarrassed infront of her co-workers, if punching your child isn't embarrassing then I don't know what is, anyways i went into the car and started punching the fancy doors of her Lexus, I took a pen and stabbed 3 holes in it and then when she came back I asked her if what she did was ok and she said yes. Ps my name is Carter

Comment

re: My mom punched me!

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It seems like you are going through a pretty tough time at this point in your life and we want you to know that no one ever deserves to be treated the way you have been. We also want you to know that we are here to listen and to help you in the best way that we can.

From what you shared, it sounds like there has been some tension between you and your mom that has escalated to physical actions. No one ever deserves to be hit. If you feel like you might want to do something about the way you have been treated, you do have the options of filing a child abuse report. If this is something you want to explore a little further and see what it is, you are able to give us a call and ask some general questions at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). You are also able to reach out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453. They would also be able to walk you through the process and explore options with you.

We hope that we were able to help you think a little more about your options and brainstorm some more with you, if you feel like you would still need some more support or go through some more options, please feel free to reach out to us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we are here 24/7. We also have a live chat service which is available from 4:30 PM to 11:30 PM CST. We wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you decide to do and hope to hear from you soon.

Stay strong,

NRS

Comment

I don't know what this is

Yesterday I had my music playing too loudly in the shower, and when my sister came in to tell me to turn it down, I told her to **** ** (she's very bossy and I was in a bad mood). Then my mom came in and took my iPod. When I got out of the shower, I went to my moms room and asked where my iPod was. She said she confiscated them, and so I started cussing and saying give me my iPod over and over. She tried to slam the door in my face but I put my foot up, and the door stopped suddenly. She came out and grabbed me, punched me in the arm and kicked me so hard in the knee I have a huge, very painful bruise. I ran into my room to get dressed as soon as I could. My dad was screaming, calling me a *****, all sorts of names. I jumped out of my window and went to my neighbors house for awhile. No one seems to care. Is this abuse or was it my fault? Everyone I talk to says its my fault. I'm 17. Please help. I can hardly walk and this isn't the first time she's hit and bruised me.
                        Last edited by ccsmod6; 11-16-2015, 07:44 AM.

Comment

RE: I don't know what this is

Hello there,

We are glad you reached out to us today at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like things got pretty intense last night in which you were harmed. You do not deserve to be hurt in any way. We are so sorry that things escalated to you being bruised. Whatever the circumstance, abuse is never the answer. You always have the right to contact local authorities and child protective services if you are harmed in any way as there are laws that protect minors from being harmed. It is great that you made the decision to go to a safe place by a neighbor. You are advocating for yourself and you realized that staying home was unsafe.

If you would like some assistance making a report, we can help with that as we are mandated reporters. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization where you can ask questions about abuse and neglect as well as file a report with child protective services so that they can get you and your family help to end any current abuse and prevent and future abuse from happening.

We hope that you are safe and want you to know that we are here to help in anyway we are able to.

Be safe and take care,

NRS

Comment

My mom hits me all the time if she is mad at me i want to break sombodys neck

I was paticing basketball when she said stop dribbling and pick up an mom u lazy bum thats when i said leave me alone and whent to my room she came in my room punched me in my stomach and i said leave me alone she smack me in my faced and attempted to punch me again she kept yelling at me i asked her to stop then she slamed me and punched me in my head and called me a pussy puck sucker ********** and hit me again when she stop hitting me i said i will called the polic and thats when she said do it because it is legal to hit kids so what should i do

Comment

RE:My mom hits me all the time if she is mad at me i want to break sombodys neck

Hello, thank you so much for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are having a very rough time at home dealing with your mom. You mentioned a few incidents of physical abuse. You don’t deserve to be treated this way and it is not legal for adults to hurt kids.
                              You do have the right to call the police for help in an unsafe situation. If you are in school, you can also go to your school’s guidance office to speak to a counselor about what is going on. This also applies to other people in your life, such as teachers, a coach, or a friend’s parent that you trust. At the National Runaway Safeline, we can explore some options and help you to file a child abuse report if you choose to call us. We will never pressure or force you to file a report if you don’t want to. We can talk more about what your options are and come up with a plan for you to stay safe.
                              There may also be some informal ways that you can keep yourself safe. These would include things like staying out of the house at school or an activity, or planning to stay with a friend or relative to keep yourself safe after an incident.
                              Again, it was very brave of you to reach out to us and ask for help. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us. We are here to listen to you and help.

Comment

My mom punches me and calls me a **** up and wishes I was never born

So my mom today like couple of hours ago called me a **** up and sometimes I think I am and sometimes I hair want it to go away my mom and dad both punch me and hit me when I was 15-5 and I fell like it was my fault I got bad grades and my sister and brother got good grades and spmtes when I'm at school I go to the bathroom and cry it's really embarrassing because so people come in there and laugh. My dad is trying to change but they keep calling me a **** up and I don't know what to do at this point I have a black on so I can't really see if I'm typing correctly it's a little fuzzy
                                Last edited by ccsmod6; 01-17-2016, 02:30 AM. Reason: profane language

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
                                x
                                x
                                Working...
                                X