my mom just punched me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my mom just punched me

I went into my sisters room and told her about this new rap that I made. She was about to go to sleep but then asked me to stay and tell her it. Then I was like I can't unless I rap it to the beat. So she's talking and then my mom comes in she's like pissed off and says we have to wake up in six hours! ect. I was like ok I'm just telling her something. Then she goes to my room and swings it open saying shut off your pc. I was like I'm not on the internet I'm only listening to my music, and I was. Then she left and then my sister and I went into my room. We were laughing quietly because I was nervous then I was rapping and here comes my mom after a few minutes. She had a crazy look on her face and she's like get out. I was like get out of my room, I'm showing her a song. Then I swore at her when she was saying responses to me. Then she came up to me and held her fist up and I raised my pen and told her to get away. Then she punched me right in the side of my face after I stood up. Then I went after her and I didn't even get at her that much and I grabbed her hair to have her get away. Then after that she yanked my hair, almost all of it and then when I was trying to stand up she clocked me right again straight on the right side of my face. It was full force then she clipped her knuckle into my right front tooth and it felt like it almost broke. My sister was trying to break it up and I just said stuff to my mom as she hid back in the kitchen and I walked to the couch where she was sleeping and pulled all the cutions out and went to my room. My face hurts so bad that tears whelmed in my eyes. I'm not a weak person but she got me good. I'm so mad. What should I do?

Also my jaw was already in pain since I have tmj. Now it hurts so much now. I can't open my mouth.

Re: my mom just punched me

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard. We are glad that you feel comfortable talking about what is going on.

We are sorry to hear about what happened tonight. Nobody deserves to feel unsafe in their home. Has anything like this ever happened before? One option you have would be to contact the local police or child protective services (CPS) to file a report against your mother. If you choose to do this, they may launch an investigation and remove you and/or your sister from the home.

If you don’t want to do that, do you have anywhere else that you could possibly stay for a few days? If you don’t and you continue to feel unsafe, there may be a shelter that you can stay at. Would you feel comfortable talking to your mom and explaining what you were doing with your sister when she became upset? How do you think she would react to that?

We are a 24/7, confidential and anonymous crisis line. You can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY if you have any other questions or need some resources that may be available to you.

We look forward to hearing from you!
    ~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

im goin thru something very very similar.
      my mother and i constantly argue and fight, i never put my hands on her though simply bc it wuld kill me inside if i did. well most of our fights lead to her punching me or pulling my hair,slappin nd pushing me around. She acts more like a friend as opposed to a mom. her husband also yells at me nd for the 1st time she actually let him put his hands on me too.
      i have bruises nd marks throughout my arms . i hate living in this house.
      i've been thinkin about running away for quite sum timee now. i have a place to stay with my paternal father's family but i don't want them to be charged with harboring a runaway.
      i need help and i dnt know what to do. . at one point in time a social worker used to come here when i was small, but then he would tell them everything i said so i stopped talking and eventually the case was closed. i just don't know what to do anymore. i need help but i'm terriffied of family court and confrontation with my mother and all of that..what should i do?

Comment

Thank you for sharing your story with us and letting us know that you are able to relate to other posters. We are sorry to hear that you to have had to deal with your mother punching you, pulling your hair, and pushing you around. As we said in the previous post, No one deserves to feel unsafe in their home. We are sorry to hear that the situation with your mother has been going on since you were small and that it now includes your mother’s husband as well. It must take a lot of courage to cope with everything. It sounds like CPS may have been involved previously, but the case was closed. If you would like to file a report now either with the police or CPS, we would be happy to help you with that process. We can either take down the report for you and pass it along or stay on the phone and offer support while you give the report.

You also mention that you are thinking of running, but do not want to get your family in trouble for harboring a runaway. Another option might be a runaway youth shelter. They would generally have to contact and/or get consent from a parent/guardian anywhere from immediately to 72 hours for legal reasons. Do you feel that might be an option for you? If so, here is a link where you can search for shelters by state. http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/fysb/co ... locate.htm

Some areas also participate in something called National Safe Place in which emergency shelters for youth partner with local businesses (like gas stations, fast food restaurants, etc.), fire or police stations, etc. and provide youth with a “safe place.” More information can be found on their website, http://www.nationalsafeplace.org/. If you would like to discuss things further, remember you are welcome to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Stay safe,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

My mum punched me all over my heade

Hi
          I have to admit I can be a little ********** sometimes and really rude but I only do that because my mum and sister are like it to me. Me and my sister haven't been friendly lately and my mum keeps saying one day when we get back from schoil she wouldn't be here. And my mum flipped out and she started shouting I it really upset me and my sister. When I walked out of my sisters bedroom my sister said to me stay out of my way and talk to me so I turned round and said why would u say that when mum has just said that. My mum then pushed a load of stuff off the landing drawers and the was china on it and it broke into pieces and was hitting me in the head and face we were all screaming my brother ran in from playing football out side and my sister told him to stay outside. We went to pick it all up because it was everywhere and it was all broken I was in really bad pain with it hitting me in the head. Mum shouted and said leave it so we walked to our bedrooms my mum was at the door way of my brothers bedroom. As I walked past she grabbed my hair witch was in a bun at the time and was pulling it really tight I was in so much pain and she had her face up to my ear shouting and I fell to my knees crying and she was punching me with her fits so hard I couldnt breave. She let go and walked away leaving me in pain I shut the door crying my head off. About 2 mins after that I was trying to tidy my room my mum comes in and was shouting again and I was crying she was punching me In the head again and then with all her force she punched me in the forehead so bad I can't explain it was so Painful I couldn't talk breave move or do anything. I had to take tablets with out her knowing. I can feel it bruising. About 5 mins later my mum came in I couldn't move my hand from my forehead and she said let me have a look at your head and I did and she said I diserverd it but I didnt she kept shouting at me saying have u learnt respect in my face I was saying yes . I know what to do I googled should parents hit children and it said no but I don't think that should of happened it gave me a number to call and the police will give her an abusive mother and other stuff and she could get in really bad trouble if I told anyone but I read that me my sister and my brother could get taken away. Please help me I have no idea what I should do.???

Comment

Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us about what is going on. It sounds like you are in a very difficult and scare situation right now. It was very brave of you to contact us. Hopefully, we can try to help you find some resources or explore some options that may be available to you.

We are sorry to hear that your mom was physically abusive towards you. Is this the first time that anything like this has ever happened before? Nobody deserves to feel scared or unsafe when they are at home. We are also sorry to hear that you and your sister have been having a rocky relationship lately as well. Can you tell us about when that started?

It sounds like you had looked up what to do next and were given a phone number to the local police but it sounds like you are concerned about calling them because of your siblings. If you were to call about what happened, do you think they would take your siblings away from your mom? That is definitely an option you have but we don’t know for sure what would happen. You have the right to be safe at home.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are a confidential and anonymous hotline so you can call us at anytime to discuss more about your situation and see what resources may be available to you. If you are interested in calling the police or filing a report, we can help you with that as well. Our 24 hour crisis line number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) but we also have online chat services that are available from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST) if you would rather talk with us that way instead.

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!

~NRS

Comment

i am very sorry to hear that i wish it did not happen to you when your mom is relaxed just seat down and try to reason with her me and my mom do that all the time my daddy use to call it a heart to heart it might help i hope you can reason with her and fix everthing i wish you the goodis luck!!!!

Comment

My mom just got dpne beating the crap out of me

My parents are divorced and my mom hates my dad with a strong passion. I come home from church and said that was a great message pastor John gave us. She gets up and said no one gives a f [email protected]# you stupid, worthless piece of [email protected]#$. She yelled that I was a huge mistake and that I was suppose to be aborted. I said no I'm not and stood there trying not to believe what she said. She then got up and pushed me against a wall a beat me. Punch after punch she was laughing. She loved it while I'm screaming out help...my step dad juat sits there like nothing is happening. This has happened too many times before. I have went to the counselor at my school and said everything that happened every time I happened and she would think I'm lying and start laughing at me. The principle never cared and I didnt know what to do. So I went to my dad and we got the police involved. The police then suggested dhr and that never helped. My mom does this every night I'm around her and she doesnt care what she is doing to me. No one is doing a thing. Ive had bruises from what she has done. I have tried commiting suicide but I cant do it. I never get to see my dad now and life is horrible. What am I supposed to do???

Comment

Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us about what’s going on. It sounds like you are in a scary situation right now and it was very brave of you to tell us about it. We are sorry to hear that nobody is supporting you or trying to help you stay safe; hopefully that is something that we will be able to do.

We are sorry to hear that your mom is physically abusive towards you. It sounds like your dad has tried to help you out but DHR didn’t help you either; did they send anyone out to do an investigation? It also sounds like you tried to tell other adults, such as your school counselor and principal, but neither of them was able to help you stay safe. One thing that we may be able to do is to help you file another report with Child Protective Services; sometimes making multiple reports can be helpful if you try to leave home or if your dad tries to get custody/guardianship over you. Also, they may take you out of the home and place you into a safe place such as a shelter.

You mentioned that you have tried to commit suicide but you weren’t able to do it; have you felt that way recently? If you do feel like trying to commit suicide, there is a National Suicide Hotline that you can also call to receive assistance; their hotline number is 1-800-273-8255 and they are also available 24 hours a day.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are a confidential and anonymous hotline for youth in crisis. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if you would like to explore your options or try to locate resources. You can reach us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our online chat services from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST), 7 days a week.

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!

~NRS

Comment

My mom makes me feel unsafe

I don't know how to say this but I want to runaway or kill myself. My mom hits me almost all the time. I don't have the courage to kill myself or run away (I'm only 12). My brother doesn't really defend me at all my mom just calls me smart a*s or calls me a ********** or call me a witch. My brother has always hit me to where I bleed or have bruises one time he almost broke my wrist. (He's 17). I can't really defend myself at all except to scratch him. Which I have done. One time at his school a child protective service asked him what the scratches were from. He told them and the advised him. He's hitting me and causing bruises! I've actually packed everything once when I was 6. I threatened him when we were home alone but I knew I had nowhere to go so it never happened. I really need help.

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you’re going through an intense time. We’ll try and help out as best as we can.

We’re sorry to hear that your family treats you this way. No one should be treated that way. You have the right to be safe and not be hurt this way. You mentioned that the school was aware of some abuse at home. Did anything ever come of that? Are there family members or friends that you trust that can help you in any way? It might be good to talk to people you know are helpful. That way you can have people that can advise and support you.

You talked about killing yourself. Have you ever acted on this? You don’t have to go through these feelings alone. If you’d like, please call the Suicide Hotline at 1800-273-TALK (8255). They can provided support services for you.

If you’d like to explore this some more, please call us at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We’re anonymous, confidential and available 24/7. We’re here to listen, here to help.

Best,
                      NRS

Comment

My grandmother keeps punching me. Should I contact child services?

I live with my grandmother and mother. My grandmother always punches me for stupid reasons. I feel like a prisoner inside the house. My grandmother stands around me watching me do everything. When I brush my teeth and when I take showers. And she yells at me so much that my left ear vibrates and loosing it's volume. My grandmother punched me last week for asking her if I could have privacy because I was in the bathroom. Se punched me so hard in my arm that I felt the pain for 3 days. My grandmother also calls me named like stupid and today she tried to punch me for not picking up dead fly on the table. My grandmother abuses me and taunts me so much that I thought about committing suicide over 9 times. What should I do? My mom knows all about it but she doesn't help me.

Comment

RE:My grandmother keeps punching me. Should I contact child services?

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. Nobody deserves to be abused or mistreated. It sounds like you are in a terrible situation at home, and we are sorry to hear that you are being abused and that your mother stands by and doesn’t do anything. You have a right to make a child abuse report. If this is an option you are considering, you can call us any time and we can answer any questions you might have and even file a report on your behalf.

You mentioned that you have thought about suicide. The National Suicide Hotline might be a really great resource for you. You can call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) any time you are feeling vulnerable or thinking about suicide. You can also call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) for help or support 24/7, or chat with us on www.1800RUNAWAY.org every day between 4:30pm and 11:30pm. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. Please do not hesitate to call; we are looking forward to hering from you, and wish you the best of luck.

Comment

Parents punch me and constantly make fun of me

My parts just punched me in the face both of them b/c i said they dont treat me
                            With respect. They constanty will make fun of me calling me dumb, saying i wouldt make the basketball team, saying ima be a hobo and never get no were in life. Ive ran away b4.

Comment

re: Parents punch me and constantly make fun of me

Hey there,

If you have contacted NRS today through another means (for example, live chat, email or bulletin) for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.

Thank you so much for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through some really tough times at this point in your life. No one ever deserves to be hit or treated the way you have been lately. You are an extremely strong person for being able to deal with this for so long and know that you are not alone in this. We are always here to help you and listen to you whenever you need us to. We will try our best to assist you.

So, from what you shared, it seems like things are pretty tough at home. It is very brave of you to be able to reach out to us and share your story. Have you considered filing a report against your parents? If this is something you are interested in, you can call the Child Help USA hotline at 1-800-422-4453 and they will be able to assist you with making an abuse report. We are also able to help you with this process, we are available 24/7 at 1-800-786-2929.

Another option would be to talk to a teacher or a social worker about your situation at home, they are mandated reporters as well and can potentially help you through this process. From what you shared, you have ran away before. If you ever find yourself needing a place to go, feel free to call us and we will be more than happy to help you find shelter or a place to stay.

Have you considered talking to your parents about the way they treat you? This might sound like a cliché thing to say, but sometimes, if you were to just talk to them about how you are feeling, they will take your feelings into consideration and try to make the situation better.

If you need any other help, please feel free to give us a call, we are here 24/7.

Stay strong,

NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X