Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to tell my counsellor but I’m scared...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to tell my counsellor but I’m scared...

I’m a 17 year old girl, I come from a very strict and known family, my family is very respected they are loving but I don’t fit in with them, they are extremely sexist and treats my brother so much different than us sisters, we are not allowed to step out the house to meet friends or anyone we can only go if we are going school or college, I can’t have a phone I’m not allowed and I’m using my secret phone, I have to be fully covered and I am not allowed social media, I can’t speak to boys, I can’t breathe in this house, I can’t wear short dresses that can cover me up fully, I have to wear extra long stuffs, I am currently getting forced to marry someone who is a prick and he is abusive he is using me for my visa and he has been saying it to everyone, I love my parents but I don’t want to give them a bad name, I don’t want to ruin their reputation, I want to tell my counsellor about it but it is very hard and I have been told to just keep it in and not ruin my family names

Hello There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really tough time and we are so glad that you have decided to reach out to us.

It must be really hard to not have any freedom and have so many rules. You should not have to marry someone you do not want to. It is understandable that you are afraid to talk to a counselor as you are going through a scary situation. Your safety and mental health is the top priority and you have to do what is best for you. By telling a counselor they would be able to help you figure out a plan and also be able to provide resources. You could consider writing down the pros and cons of talking to a counselor and see which option is best for you. You are able to report that as neglect you can contact Child Help at 1800-422-4453. If you are not located in the USA, you can contact ChildHelpLineInternational.org.

We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options, please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support, we wish you the best of luck!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X