Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to live with my mom anymore

I don't know if this is a problem it is to me I am more venting then anything, but every day she walks around slamming everything and yelling all the time. I qknow I am disrespectful to my mom and I know I shouldn't be. I would get mad because it is nearly every day she us mad and slamming and yelling. When I would tell she would get mad at me and hit me with her hands or a belt and today she threw a bowl and a pan at me. She doesn't think of me she wants to move across the country for HER family but from what I heard about them they aren't nice I dont know anybody there and I told her that. Then she blamed me that if we dint move her dad will pass and everybody else and making lies so we go. She also started breaking glass when I said I dont want to go. I would like to live with my uncle he used to live with us and would always be there when needed but I can't because of legal reasons and like there is so many more reasons I dont wanna live with her.

RE:I don't want to live with my mom anymore #1

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to NRS! It sounds like there is abuse at home and you feel like your needs are not heard with regards to potentially moving across the country. It can be helpful to vent and talk through your feelings. We are here to listen and help talk you through your options.

After reading your post it sounds like you thinking about leaving home due to all the abuse you face in your household by your mother. No one deserves to be treated that way. Just know that you always have the right to report any abuse (physical, mental, sexual, or neglect/abandonment) to Child Protective Service in your state. If you have any questions as to what they might look like or what happens afterwards, you can reach out to us here and we can give you general information about the subject. We can even help you call Child Protective Services with you or on your behalf.

You mentioned that you feel as though your needs and your life wasn't considered when your mom said she wanted to move. It can be frustrating to feel as through your opinion doesn't matter. If you need support talking through the move, we can help mediate a conversation with you and your mom via conference call. This way there can be a mediator in between keeping things calm and productive. If you’d feel more comfortable with doing that, just know that it’s always available. It might be a great way to talk about what you are going through and where this feelings might be coming from or to maybe build on your relationship and make it better. We can also help you brainstorm some ideas of what you want to say and make sure your voice and opinions are heard. Use it as a practice time before reaching out to your mother for the real thing.

In the last part of your post, you told us you would like to live with your uncle. It sounds as though you felt comfortable with him and supported by him but that there are legal barriers. If you want to still consider living with your uncle, we could explore alternative living arrangements, where your mom would still be your guardian but you could live with your uncle informally.

You have options and we want to make sure you feel empowered to choose what is best for you. Please give us a call 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Best of luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X