i want to run away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to run away

hello, i am a 12 year old girl and i live in a abusive home, my dad, sister and brother all hit me and i just cant take it anymore, all they ever do it blame things on me and its never been me, most of the time i just say it is me so i can get it over with but i cant anymore, its either i run away or i kill myself, i dont have anywhere to go to becuse all my friends live far away and will tell my mom or dad where i am, and all the shelters are over 3 miles away, please. i cant keep living like this

Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, it takes great courage to reach out and we are so glad that you have decided to reach out to us.
    Wow we are sorry to hear that you are in an abusive situation at home, you do not deserve that. One option to consider would be to file an abuse report and there are a few ways to report abuse.
    First , if you are in serious danger or need medical attention please call 911. Another option would be to call Child Help at 1800-422-4453 and they can help with making an abuse report. We know sometimes talking on the phone may not be possible Child Help also has a chat at ChildHelp.org. You can also talk with us and we can help with making an abuse report by calling us or chatting with us online. Lastly, you could talk to your school counselor because they are mandated reporters they would be required to make a report.
    We know you mentioned suicide and we want you to know you are worth living and you are valuable. Suicide is a permeant decision and this is a temporary situation. If you ever need to talk, help is out there. Please reach out to The National Suicide Prevention Line at: 1800-273-8255.
    We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation if you have any other
    Questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hi. I’m 13 years old, and female. I’ve lately been dealing with a lot of issues, including suicide thoughts, stomach issues, and school work.
      I recently went to the doctor for a physical, and that’s when my suicide thoughts were discovered by someone. My doctor told my parents, and now I see therapists, and take medication. I also take medication for my stomach, since I have severe problems with it. I’m dieting right now, to see if certain foods bother it.
      i met this boy online, and I want to move in with him. We practice the same religion, are the same age, and we both sort of like each other. I talked to some of our mutual friends, and they were like “yeah I’ll see if it’s alright to move in with him.” They’re figuring out if I can. The thing is, should I? I want to run away because sometimes I feel mentally abused. My parents are the reason I’m suicidal. But if I run to this boys house, and my parents call the cops, I’m gonna be in so much trouble. I really don’t want that to happen. Also, what about my doctors? My medications? My diets? I’m really not sure, so please help me out.

Comment

• ccsmod16
        ccsmod16 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi,
        Thanks for reaching out; we are glad that you did. It sounds like you are going through a lot right now. We are glad that you are taking medication to help with suicidal thoughts, and it’s important to let the medication take time to work and help you. And having a plan for your stomach issues and figuring out a diet that works for you is very important.
        Running away at 13 guarantees that police will be involved and would definitely bring you back home. And living with this boy means living with his parents, which it’s unlikely that they would take on your medical bills which would run into thousands of dollars.
        Please be very careful about people online – especially those that want you to leave home-they usually aren’t thinking of your benefit, but theirs.
        It’s understandable that you want to run from mental abuse that is caused by your parents, and it will take time working with therapists to help you feel stronger with the coping skills you can learn from them.
        We hope this was helpful, and to talk further about this, please reach out using our phone hotline, 1-800-runaway (786-2929) or via live chat through this website. The best way for us to listen and help is if we can have a conversation, so we hope to hear from you soon.
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X