i want to run away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to run away

im 12 and i want to run away I already have a plan I just need to save my money and save gas for a four-wheeler I'm most likely gonna take my sister but I'm not to sure yet
    Last edited by ccsmod1; 11-15-2020, 01:06 PM.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We’re sorry to hear that your situation at home has lead you to consider running away. It is great to hear that you are starting to make a plan. When making a plan it can be helpful to consider all possible outcomes, like how you are going to make money without a job or drive a four-wheeler without a license. It is also helpful to consider what you are going to take with you and where you are going to go. It could be beneficial to talk over these parts of your plan with someone else, like your sister.

It is also important to know the legal consequences of running away. In general, running away is a status offense, meaning it would disappear off of your record when you turned 18. If your guardians file a runaway report after you runaway, you will be returned home if found. To learn what specifically your local police would do in your situation you could give them a call at their non-emergency number and propose your situation and plan as a hypothetical and ask how they would respond. Furthermore, running away is a big decision, so it is important to ensure that you have thought over all other options as well. One way to do this is to discuss your situation at home and plan with a friend, family member, or trusted adult, like a school counselor or friend’s parent.

Thanks again for reaching out to NRS! Please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us anytime at our website if you would like to talk more. We are completely confidential and available 24/7.

Stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Welp i just need to get this off my chest my mom was and prolly still is a drug addict and i dont know my dad like that bc he was and prolly still in and out of jail and so i was livin in the projects and then apperently a nabighor called DSS and they checked the home and took us and told my parents you gotta week to get this stright and they didint so we as in we i mean my two baby sisters because i have 4 other siblings but i dont know my 2 brothers so i was with my two sisters and im the oldest ouuta all so i bounced around foster homes and i felt rejected bc they all wanted to get rid off me well fast fourd and now i live with my mom who adopted me in 2017 and then her and her mate got a divorce in 2018 so i was shattered i felt like it was my fault and her mste who i my other parent is very verbeley and phsicly abusive and are realtionship is very strigned and so me and my adopted mom get into it all the time and she gets angry and beats me or yells insults and then recently for like the past 5 months i just havent felt the same i just stare at walls and fel empty and she takes the only thing that makes me happy (music) and i just want to go home she even took me bc she was mad and yelled at me at dropped mee in the midddle of the street and picked me up like 5 min later but rently i told her that im gunna run away so i can go home and she saidgo ahead and opened the door and toldme how to get to the highway like how to exaclty get there then she said you get kidnapped or hit thats your fault and if the police find you then ill tell them to let you keep going technelly its aginst the law for me to see my parents till im 18 so idk im just so lost and broken and i feel lonly and unwanted and this quarintine is not helping what do i dooooo P.S:im only 13

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
        While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. Your adoptive mom also cannot kick you out as that would be negligence. If she does try to you have every right to stay, there and if she starts to get physical you can call police for the situation. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
        We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
        Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
        If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
        Be safe,
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X