online friend is thinking of suicide bc of her abusive household

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• online friend is thinking of suicide bc of her abusive household

i have this friend on tumblr and she lives in sandiego, i live in mexico (right below texas), she is a minor and she is living in an abusive household.

she says that her parents are trying to make her join this very culty church and, they are also emotionally abusing and manipulating her, what can i do?

her last post was ‘I’m so sorry. Please, please don’t hate me. I can’t stay and I’m sorry.’

i asked her to please stay and hang on in there for a bit while we try to find a way out and she said that she is trapped, that there is no way out and that she has been holding on for too long and that she cant do this anymore bc its too painful.

please idk if she is online anymore and im worried

Hello,

Thank you so much for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. Watching a friend struggle with thoughts of suicide can be very difficult and overwhelming. It is clear that you are a very compassionate friend who is doing what you can to look out for her and make sure she is okay. Your feelings are valid as you navigate this tough situation.

It sounds like your friend has been struggling with some very persistent thoughts of suicide, and may even have an action plan. If you feel that your friend may be in immediate danger at any point, it may be best to find out the phone number of her town’s police department if you are able to make the international call. There are also a few different hotline resources that your friend may find helpful in order to receive support from trained crisis counselors surrounding mental health. Her first option can be to call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255. There is also a text option through the NAMI Hotline - she can text “HOME” to 741741 to speak with a trained counselor. Both of these hotlines are open 24/7 and can be contacted multiple times.

We would also be happy to speak with your friend regarding her current situation at home and her mental struggles. We can be reached 24/7 by calling 1(800) 786-2929 or by chatting with us online at www.1800runaway.org. We can provide resources for her such as psychologist referrals, shelters near her home, etc.

Again, please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you would like further assistance, and please pass these numbers along to your friend as well.

Best of luck to you both, and stay safe.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X