No announcement yet.

i'm 15 and want to leave

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i'm 15 and want to leave

    I'm 15 years old and i can't live with my mother anymore. she is very verbally physiologically abusive. I get told i'm worthless and many other names on a daily basis. i have a sister that is the same age that doesn't like it here either. i left and stayed with my older sister (19 years old). i came back home 4 days ago, and it hasn't stopped the abuse. i called the police on my mother the night i left. i am tired of the abuse, she consistently sees me as a bad person. and says that i'm nothing and has threatened to kick me out. while staying with my sister she asked her to keep me permanently. the only problem is my sister is in college and stays in the dorms. so i had was going to have no where to live after i left my sister. she made up some bs story about needing me and since I've come back i have been very depressed. i have suffered from depression since 2015. i don't ever cry unless i am very mad. but since I've gotten back, i cry almost everyday. i haven't slept at night since being back. she wakes me up at 5 a.m every morning just to lock me out of my bedroom. she locks the pantry, and i can't have or talk to anyone. i am at a loss because i really wanted to have a good relationship with her. but she has done nothing but hurt me for years. we tried family therapy and it didn't work. she doesn't want to change and she always plays the victim. she tells everyone my business, but makes everything sound like my fault. i have stated many times for the past month, that if i stay here i will end up harming or killing myself. i can't take anymore of this treatment. what can i do, because i can not stay here.

  • #2
    You mentioned experiencing emotional abuse which may be reportable against your mom.  Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise.  Unfortunately, emotional abuse is often harder to provide evidence for compared to physical abuse which is often what CPS relies on when conducting an abuse investigation.  That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share.  Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead.  The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 or may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.

    It sounds like you are thinking about harming yourself or ending your life. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. If you feel this is an emergency you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you.  You can check them out at, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk.

    We hope this helps. Please reach out if we can offer any further support.

    Be safe,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp