Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my mother and my step dad have been emotionally abusing me and my little half-brother

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my mother and my step dad have been emotionally abusing me and my little half-brother

Is it wrong that whenever i try to talk to my mom she belittles me with her childhood and dismisses my opinions? for example: she used to slap me across the face whenever I tried to defend myself in an argument. And her justification is that her parents used to ''whip her with the belt buckle'' for the same behavior. Also on the same topic is it ok that she dismisses my explanations for things as excuses and tells me she doesnt care? I had a missing assignment because i didnt know how to do it and emailed my teacher and it took them a week to respond,so i was late. i tried to explain this to her and she kept interrupting me,telling me 'i should have had it done.' and that it was my fault i didnt. lastly is it illegal to wash a kids mouth out with soap,pop them in the mouth for speaking out,and spank them if they cry because all my friends say its not ok but its like a daily occurrence- (the soap's not.) Is it ok that when i have a panic attack because my mom is yelling at me and i dont know how to respond that she acts like im faking it and acting like this to get at her and make her feel guilty,causing her to shake and push me. yelling at me and telling me somethings wrong with me and i need to stop. Is it ok that when recently I came out to my mom and she dismissed it,telling me that its 'just a phase' 'youll grow out of it' and today she came home with a bag full of religious books and bibles. i dont know what to do. im overloaded with schoolwork and sometimes i want to kill myself just to escape this living hell. I dont want to call cps because my mom would be devastated but at the same time i cant go on like this. I cant deal with my stepdad's absence with anything but punishment. I cant deal with my mother's narcissistic torment. I feel like a burden for existing. I dont even want to exist. Heck maybe im just making this all up. I have everything i could want right?? maybe im the problem. i dont know what to do anymore. Ill just leave this here even though i know theres no way it could help my non existent problem. Im sorry for wasting your time,goodbye.

Hi there, Thank you so much for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It takes a lot of courage to seek out help in difficult times and to share your story. Know that you deserve to feel safe and happy where you live. You do not deserve to be mistreated by anyone, and reaching out for help shows your strength. First, you mentioned suicidal feelings. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is just one resource that can help you talk through your emotions. Their number is 1-800-273-8255 and their website is https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/. Like us, they are 24/7, toll-free, and confidential. Additionally, you mentioned the way your mother treats you. Know that you deserve safety and happiness and abuse of any kind is never ok. Another resource that may be helpful is ChildHelp, an organization for children who have been or are abused. Their number is 1-800-422-4453 and website is childhelp.org. If you ever decide to file an abuse report, they can help you naviga
    Sara Jacobs: Hi there, Thank you so much for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It takes a lot of courage to seek out help in difficult times and to share your story. Know that you deserve to feel safe and happy where you live. You do not deserve to be mistreated by anyone, and reaching out for help shows your strength. First, you mentioned suicidal feelings. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is just one resource that can help you talk through your emotions. Their number is 1-800-273-8255 and their website is https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/. Like us, they are 24/7, toll-free, and confidential. Additionally, you mentioned the way your mother treats you. Know that you deserve safety and happiness and abuse of any kind is never ok. Another resource that may be helpful is ChildHelp, an organization for children who have been or are abused. Their number is 1-800-422-4453 and website is childhelp.org. If you ever decide to file an abuse report, they can help you navigate the process. Again, like us, your safety is their priority. You also mentioned that you recently came out to your mom. You are so strong for starting that discussion with her; it could not have been easy. The Trevor Project is another organization that focuses on the safety of youth who identify as LGBTQ+. Their number is 1-866-488-7386 and their website is https://www.thetrevorproject.org/. They also have a textline you can reach by texting “START” to 678-678. Finally, know that at the National Runaway Safeline, we are here for you 24/7. Our number is toll-free and we are confidential. We can also help you explore more specific options over a call or virtual chat. Stay safe and stay strong, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hello,
      It’s me again. Things have gotten worse since my last post, my step dad is becoming more aggressive towards me, the other night he threatened me during an argument because I raised my voice (I have an auditory dysfunction) He pulled his hand to my face and said the following word for word. ‘‘You’d better remember who you’re talking to because if definitely isn’t me. (he pulled his hand back) you need to fix your tone before I slap you in the face so hard that you go flying, the Chromebook will go flying (I rolled my eyes) you have no idea how strong I am, so you'd better watch yourself.'' this type of threat is happening often, and I’m scared to report it without definite evidence that this is not ok because if my mother finds out everything will just get worse. I want to move with my dad but he doesn’t know anything about this and I don’t want to tell him because he'd tell my mom. I’m not even sure what I’d say to cps if I called them. I really want to get away from this household.
      Last edited by ccsmod4; 11-20-2020, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod4
        ccsmod4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

From everything that you have continued to go through at home with your stepdad it took a lot of courage for you to reach out. We appreciate you sharing your feelings about the situation. Well done. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home as the abuse continues. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
        Again you do not deserve to be abused physically, emotionally etc.
        It is not your fault that this is happening. You cannot control what others choose to do.
        Seeking help is an option available to you.
        Perhaps talking with your father might be an option to consider.

There are laws set up to protect you from being abused.
        To report any abusive treatment there is Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody. If this does not seem like something you are sure about doing we understand.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We are limited as to how we can help in this type of forum.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.

Be safe,
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X