Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 14 and im seriously considering running.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 14 and im seriously considering running.

Things are really bad at home and my dad constantly threatens to hit me. I have a map that I could use to get to my moms house 50 miles away, but I seriously dont know. I am scared and I just wish I knew what to do.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We know it can be hard to share your story and you are so brave to do so. It sounds like your home and family situation is upsetting and harmful. It is understandable to be scared and feel unsure about what to do. You deserve to be treated kindly by others and to feel safe with your family and at home.

You mentioned that your dad threatens to hit you. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not legal experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will typically decide where it is safe for you to stay. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

You also mentioned that you would like to live with your mom. It is great you have someone else that you feel safe with. If your mom is your legal guardian, you are allowed to do so, but it might be helpful to talk to your dad about it. If she is not your legal guardian, you would need the permission of your legal guardian to do so. Regardless, if you plan to travel to your mom’s house, it is important to have a plan to get their safely. Your safety is important to us, so if you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help.

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X