My boyfriend's parents kicked him out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boyfriend's parents kicked him out

My boyfriend's parents kicked him out because he went on a walk to come see me. He didn't tell them that though. He told them he needed to go on a walk to clear his head. They put so much stress on him that sometimes he just needs to get away. So he comes to my house for a bit. My parents don't know though, so I sneak him in. The night before last, he was over and his mom texted him and asked where he was and he said on a walk. She said she was going to come pick him up and to give her an address. He said no, I'm safe, I'll be home in a bit. Then she threatened him and told him she would wake his dad if he didn't tell her. He didn't want to tell her so he ignored her. He went home a little while later and his dad tried to grab him, so he packed his things and came back to my house. His mom then told him to not come back but then later told him he needs to come home eventually. He has a job but it isn't within a walking distance. He's 17 almost 18. But I can't house him for too much longer. Those aren't his biological parents, he's adopted. And his dad has a history of abuse so I do not feel comfortable letting him go back. Should I tell him to stay with one of my friends then try to explain the situation with my mom? I really don't know... anyone have ideas?

Hi, thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did.
    It sounds like your boyfriend has been in a very stressful and difficult situation for a long time. With his dad abusing him and his mom being erratic – it’s understandable that he wanted to leave.
    You have done a great job believing him and being so supportive of him, that can make all the difference. As far as staying with one of your friends, that may buy some time for him to figure out some other plan.
    We work best if we can have a conversation with the person in crisis. We hope that he will reach out to us either by phone at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-runaway) or through our live chat service via www.1800runaway.org This way we can work with him to discuss options and for us to listen and help.
    We hope to hear from him soon,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X