I'm 14 and running away with friends in 5 months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 14 and running away with friends in 5 months

I've already planned on running away and there's nothing you can do to stop me from doing so. I just have a few concerns and want to know if there are any alternate solutions or issues i need to watch out for. I'm a victim of past physical abuse and current emotional/verbal abuse (I suppose my parents do this because they know i can call CPS or other services if they were to beat me). My mother is the main abuser and i've been having to deal with her for as long as i can remember. My father never does anything to prevent it, and she almost always acts when he isn't home. She then goes on to make me believe that it's because she loves me, she has convinced me to the point of thinking everything is fine. And then she goes back to her usual self. She makes fun of me, ridicules me, tears me down emotionally, isolates me, and i can't do anything about it. My dad doesn't do anything when he does witness it, he just acts disappointed. but not towards her, towards me. i'm currently being isolated as we speak, she took away everything i had to contact other people. The only reason i'm able to send this out, is because my school chromebook hasn't had site blocked on it.

The other people i have that will be coming along with me also have abusive parents. one of them physical, and one of them physical and emotional. We were going to run in March sometime, i'm not sure what date yet exactly but we have a fairly solid plan. We also made the plan adjustable so we can alter it if we ever need to, considering anything could happen. I can't tell you where we're going or where i live or where they live, but i can tell you a little bit of what we planned to give you some insight:

I would bring i car, i've been driving for a little bit more than a year now. My dad started teaching me how to drive when i was 13 and i'm going to start going out to drive every weekend until he dead line. The area i live in is really hilly, and he even taught me how to drive in reverse. I have a load of supplies already, sleeping bags, med kit, meds for illness and pain, weapons to defend myself, and ways to get money on my own. One of the people i'm going to be running away with has ways to have other people who are going to help us out mail them things. I believe they're going to be getting supplies from 3 different people. And my second friend just recently agreed to join, and they have to get out of there as soon as they can. They're the one being physically and emotionally abused. I was going to drive until we got to the meeting point where me and my first friend were going to meet. Then we were going to drive out of the state and over to my next friend. As soon as we got a state away from the last pickup location we would bike to our destination.

I'm aware of a few saftey concerns but i wanted to see if i could be brought up to speed with anything else. Like i previously stated i want to see the situation from an outside perspective. We're going to go through with it and plan to take fairly extreme precautions to ensure our safety. I'm more concerned with the safety of the two others, considering i'm fairly well built. The other two are shorter and not as strong as i am. I fear they may not be able to defend themselves if i'm not around. Other than that i don't have very many concerns.

Hello There,

Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you and your friends have really been putting some thought into running away. We are not legal experts but it is a possibility if the police were to find you because you are minors they could bring you guys back home.
    You also mentioned driving and using a car, which it is good that you already know how to drive but there are some things you may want to take into consideration. If you are pulled over and do not have a license you could be arrested for unlawfully driving. Also if the car belongs to someone else they can report it as stolen and you and your friends could all get in trouble for being involved with a stolen vehicle.
    We know you mentioned abuse, which we are sorry you are having to deal with. You do have the right to make a report by calling Child Help at 1800-422-4453. It also may be a good idea to talk with a trusted adult or school counselor about what you are experiencing at home.
    Also you would maybe want to consider how you and your friends would eat and shower. Many hotels require you to be at least 18 years of age. You could also get stopped for sleeping in a car.
    There is a lot to think about and your safety is the top concern. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

We have plenty of people planning on getting us money, so i should be okay with the food portion of that. We have friends houses that we're going to stop at along the way as well, so we should be able to shower and rest there. We aren't planning on resting every night either. we were going to take shifts on who sleeps some nights and who sleeps during others. I'll keep in mind what you said about the car though. I didn't know that they could file i stolen report, and i have a plan on how to cover up evidence that it's the car they're looking for. And i wont drive it far either. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X