I need to leave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to leave

My dad is constantly yelling at me or my brother he is mad bc i am failing my classes bc i cant do anyting online bc he took my phone Ive asked him several times if i can go back to regular school{i do virtual learning rn} he always gets in my face and calls me things like retarded,loser, disrespectfull S*** head how would i go about moving out

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are so sorry to hear that things at home have been so difficult with your dad. It is not ok for anyone to call you names, and it sounds like your dad has made it really difficult for you to want to continue living at home. We are not legal experts, but from what we understand, if you are a minor in your state and you choose to live outside of your home, you would need consent from your parent or legal guardian.

One option you might have is to explore whether emancipation is something available in your state and, if so, whether you meet the requirements to petition for this. We are not legal experts, but from what we do know, the process does require some understanding of the laws in your state, may require payment of fees, and can be time consuming. Another option might be to explore whether you have a family friend or relative that would be willing to take you in. In this case, you would also need consent, but you might be able to enlist that family friend or relative to help you approach the situation with your parents.

Whatever you decide, please know that we are here for you. We cannot tell you what to do, but we will do our best to help you explore your options and work towards a plan that keeps you safe regardless of what you decide to do. You can reach us 24/7 by phone at 1.800.RUNAWAY (786.2929) or via chat by visiting our website at www.1800runaway.org . We are here to listen, here to help. Stay safe!
    -NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X