Psychopathic grandmother

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychopathic grandmother

Hello. I am a 12 year old boy that really wants to run away. My family is in a pretty bad situation right now. But we all know who's fault it is but we can't do anything. I live with my mother, father, and my grandmother. If you see my grandmother in public she seems like a kind person. But you need to hear my and my mother's side of the story. Here is my routine. Wake up wish for a good day. Not even 5 minutes later I hear yelling downstairs from my grandmother complaining about literal everything she sees. I go to my virtual class but can't focus because I can't hear my teacher even though I have headphones on. I eventually get through my school day. I want to relax in my room and maybe play with my friends for about 2 hours or so. But as soon as I go up to sleep for like 2 minutes, I get yelled at for being upstairs. I am eventually forced to study until about 9 pm. But recently I've had enough and haven't really studying. It's been about 8 years since I've immigrated from south Korea but as far as I can remember, there hasn't been a day that my house has been quiet unless my grandmother wasn't near me. You might ask how about my mom? Well unless you don't really care, here is her routine. She wakes up at 6 am. She gets ready for her day and go to the kitchen. She prays for a little and then starts making breakfast for my grandmother. (Because she complains about not enough food when the refrigerator is filled to the brim) And I come down. I don't really eat breakfast so I'm just out of her way. But when my grandmother comes down, she is ready for that psychopathic woman to yell at her. Yes she PREPARES. After about 2 hours of getting yelled at, my dad comes home from his work around at 10 am. When he realizes something isn't right my grandmother goes "oh~~ dear your dumb wife has done so bad to me this morning" and because my dad is a mama's boy, he doesn't even hear my mom's side of the story. He straight up yells at her until 11. Then when he goes upstairs to take a nap and my grandmother goes to the living room to relax, she cries, and cries and cries. 11:15-12:30 is my lunch break so I mostly try to comfort her. She then proceeds to do all the dishes, make lunch then do some laundry. But we have a garden in our backyard. So my grandmother yells at her AGAIN and takes her outside for a minimum of an hour to garden with her. When my mom doesn't even want to. After gardening she gives my grandmother lunch and goes to my grandfather's apartment. After she is done checking in with him it is usually around 8-9 o clock. She then comes home and gives my grandmother dinner and giver her a massage because she complains about pain. After that, she cleans up all the dishes and prepares for the next day. And goes to sleep around 1-4 am. How do I know this? well I have for a week stayed up all night and took notes. My dad is a cool person but not when my grandmother is around. And recently my family is like a glass that is 1 hit away from being shattered. I have gave up at this point. For the past 2 years, I've tried my best to do everything to fix my family. But my mom is always busy, My grandmother is just a jerk and my dad complains about being too tired to do anything. I don't know what to do about it. I just wanna run away. And if I die. Well dying is dying isn't it. Just to summarize my problem, its like living in hell but a hell in hell in hell. Is there anything I can do to fix my family. Any legal thing I can do so that I can take my grandmother off of me and my mom and dad. Thank you for your time and I hope you stay safe when this pandemic is happening. I know this website wasn't really talking about family issues, But this was the only one that I could really find something I can tell my story in.

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story. We're sorry things have been so tough with your grandmother and that it is impacting your school. It also sounds like you really care about your mom and want what's best for your family.

There are a few options we can talk through. The first is mediation or family counseling. If you call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat us at 1800runaway.org, we can help you find counseling services or set up a conference call with you and your grandmother to help talk through what you're going through with a third party helping to mediate the conversation. If you do not think your grandmother would agree to that, there are counseling services and hotlines we can refer you to, to help find coping mechanisms and other ways to manage what's going on at home.

Unfortunately, we are not legal experts and are not aware of any legal options, however, if you call or chat us, we can help you find free legal counseling services in your area.

Finally, we are always here, 24/7 if you want to explore other options or just to talk.

Please reach out if we can provide any further support.

Best wishes.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X