Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My sister and I want to move to another country for college

Hello,

I am 19 years old and my sister is 18. We want to move abroad for college but our parents do not want to.

My father and mother are both narcissists and sociopaths, they do not want us to leave the country. Even they are divorced but my father spends his money on unnecessary things such as paying for prostitutes.

My sister and I want to run away without telling them but we do not have a lot of money and our mother stole everything that we had saved in 5 years.

We do not know what to do and my mother always likes to be in control so she doesn't want us to be free or happy.

Currently, we are selling almost all of our stuff to get some money, but I don't know if it is going to be enough to survive. Also, our dream is to live in NYC but we are southamerican so if we move there the student visa will not allow us to work. That is why we are considering moving to Spain.

We need advice as to how to plan this ahead because we plan on leaving without telling our parents.

Thank you.

Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Be safe,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X