I want to runaway and get my own place I'm tired of my toxic household

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to runaway and get my own place I'm tired of my toxic household

I'm 17 a senior is high school and my parents pressure me so much in school. They would put my grades first before my feelings so opening up to them is useless. Recently I was getting cussed and yelled at because I couldn't pass the Algebra 1 EOC for graduation. My mom was screaming in my face and said "I use crying as an excuse." I've come to a breaking point. It came far to the point she pinned me to the bed just to take my phone away and continued to scold me. And my dad was doing the same thing. I'm thinking about either running away or committing suicide because I don't really have much of an option. I don't have anything going for me as I speak, this whole pandemic is giving me troubles to even find a job. I have no money or cash to even provide for myself. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't have friends I talk to people and they can't help either. I have no idea if the choice I'm about to make is a good idea I'm at a desperate point right now. This is the last thing I wanted to do if I couldn't find help.

Last edited by ccsmod4; 10-17-2020, 12:57 AM.

Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We are sorry that things are not going well between you, your mom and dad. It seems that this has been pretty hard for you.

We’d love to help more and better understand what you’re dealing with. You can talk to us live at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us from your phone or computer at https://www.1800runaway.org/. Two things stand out to us in your note: your thoughts about suicide and your desire to run away.
    If you ever want to talk to a professional about any of these feelings we can help find counseling or resources for you in your local area for you to explore and consider.

A national resource where you can reach out to is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255.
    Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of.
    If you feel like running away is the best or only option for you at the moment there are some key to consider before making such a move:
    Have a place you can stay for 6 months to a year – It’s important you’re at a place that can sustain eating, living, socializing for more than a few days or week. Think about what places can be quasi-long-term when deciding where to live next
    Verify the people you will be staying with so there are no surprises – Sometimes teens make alternate living plans only to find additional people there they weren’t expecting that make them feel unsafe or unwelcome. Verify what your new living situation will completely entail.
    Have a plan to make money and provide for yourself – Some teens are cut off financially from family or friends when they runaway, think about how you’ll support yourself if you have to
    Have a plan B in case plan A unexpectedly goes away – Have people or places you can count on in moments where your plans may fall through.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe and stay strong,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X