Im 14 and my parents hate me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im 14 and my parents hate me

To start with, I am a 14 year old boy living in India. My parents weren't always as abusive and uncaring and for some time they acted like normal parents or as normal as parents could be here in India. I noticed my parents started to lose interest in me since the birth of my sister. Slowly over the years they became more and more cruel and uncaring to the point that they simply wouldnt care if something bad happened to me or perhaps be happy that it did.
    These days we fight a lot, usually ending with me accusing of them caring more about my sister and failing to do their job as a parent. To which they make a ver loud noise and yell at me about being ungrateful and useless, then they suddenly start running to hit me. I then go to the bathroom and lock it to sit and cry there while they position themselves at the doorway and hurl abuses at me for "judging them" and not doing mu "duties" as wel, as being disrespectful while i continue to cry. Hence why I am sitting in my bathroom right now, crying and writing this.
    The problem is that they always ignore and just don't understand anything about me.
    They always cut me off or ignore me when i am talking to them. My sister likes to sensationalize everything.

For example: i was eating at the table when my mom dropped a plate. My sister rushes over to help pick it up and so do I, but my mom refuses my help and compliments my sister on how she always helps her while saying thst to never be like "him" (me) and be an ungrateful brat. As i sat down to est again, my sister started accusiing me of not caring fot my own mother and I said that "ok whatever" and she replied with saying, "ohhhh look, he thinks that the world is perfect and everrrrrything is fine. Ok mayor lets make a
    errfect world for him because everything is perrfect for this idiot" to which i replied back with "what's wrong with you? Don't you have anything else to do other than criticize me?". My sister was taken back by this statement and started just resorting to the basics and call me a lot of bad things. My mother interjected and said "you're not upposed to call him thes things even to a hopless brat like him" while my father eatched my mother hurl even more abuses and enhoyed the show.
    At this point i should mention that i am also suicidal, having sttempted it once with no results.

So after lunch ended, i tried to tell my mother thst my sister has been harassing me flr a while now and they refused to listen and ignored me. I resorted to calling them a failure of a parent and then of course it happened. They got up and chases me to the bathroom where they hurled abuses. Then they tsunted me snd called me shameless and thst i would just go to my virtual friends. And that part is true, i do go to discord to talk to people that play a certain same game as me to drown my sadness. Because thats the only thing I can do at this point.
    Because if it's your own parents who abuse you.. wgo are you supposed to talk to? This sin't america where organizations exist to protect children from such things.

Thst brings ,e back to my question, What do I do now?
    I want to run away from home but i fear that it is illegal in India. If i approach the police thrn they would just laugh because police in this country is useless.

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.
    We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

There arent any child helplines in India from the link

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        We are very sorry that link was of no help. We unfortunately do not have any resources for your country. If you are able to you might be able to search online and see what might be available locally to you.
        We unfortunately can only respond to these posts twice.
        Stay safe,
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X