No announcement yet.

I want to run away from the pain

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I want to run away from the pain

    I would just like to know, if you would have any advice on dealing with parents? I just can't stand my home. My parents have been pretty clear on the fact that I'm not welcome in the family any more. Recently, I've gained enough confidence to not let people push me around any more, i just can't take it any more. No one remembers me. My parents do selfish things like put me down to look better in front of each other. They won't put me down unless there's an audience. I know they feel threatened because I'm resisting their authority, but i can't stand how they promise things to me and in return neglect me and refuse me. I miss them, and I love them but i can't hold a relationship on purely just my subservience. They like me suffering alone, I'm pretty sure. THey lock down my phone after fights no i can't talk to any one. I'm forbidden in my house so no one talks to me. My is breaking down enough so family members don't try to reach out to me, in fear they'd be outcasted too. I try to reach out to them and they just keep putting me down, at least til im sobbing. Is there anyway we could both win? I've tried talking to them but they're the kind of people with set closed minds.

  • #2
    Re: I want to run away from the pain

    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard during this difficult time. We are sorry to hear that things are not going well for you at home. Everyone deserves to have a safe environment they can go to and it’s unfortunate that you don’t have that.

    We are glad to hear that you have gained confidence. That is one of the hardest things to do and once you begin, it seems to get easier. Hopefully, that confidence will continue to grow and continue to make you stronger.

    When you say that nobody remembers you, are you referring to the empty promises your parents make or something else? It can be difficult to be told one thing and then to see another thing happen, especially from your parents. And we’re sorry to hear that they only put you down in front of each other. Have they been doing this for awhile or has it just begun?

    You mentioned that you aren’t allowed in your house and that they neglect you. Have you ever told anybody else this? If you are under the age of 18, you are able to contact Child Protective Services to file a report with them. They would then send someone out to investigate and make a decision. If that is something you would like to do, you can contact us for the number or we can help you make the report.

    It must be tough to lose your support system because of your parents. Do your other family members also put you down? Have they stopped supporting you entirely?

    Another option that may be available is emancipation. This is a legal process that would declare you to be an adult before you turn 18. There are general guidelines that apply to most states; you usually have to be 16, in school or GED classes and able to financially support yourself. If you think this is something you’d be interested in pursuing, you can contact us and we can help locate lawyers who would be able to assist you.

    Even though it may not seem like it, you do have a support system. We are a 24/7, confidential and anonymous hotline; you can contact us at anytime to talk or if you have other questions. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY. Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp