running away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running away

I hate my life right now.I want to leave and never look back. I never want to see my mom or my stepdad again. My mom married my stepdad when I was 7 and im 17 now.. we used to be VERY close and had a father-daughter bond up until 2 years ago when my brother and sister both moved out because of college. When they moved out everything went downhill because he started showing his personality disorder thats undiagnosed. He treats my mom horribly. He talks badly about her and acts sketchy and has ups and downs and mumbles to himself constantly. He’ll dissapear for a couple of days when they fight and acts like we’re a perfect happy family and doesnt ever apologize. My mom on the other hand is ALWAYS around me. She takes me to everything and we are constantly together. Every 5 minutes my name is being called to retrieve her something. She thinks we are close but we’re not. I let her know what I want her to know. She’s insane though...she vents to me about all of her problems whether its about my siblings or her family and especially about my stepdad. Its amazing having a stay at home mom. She has anger issues and when shes angry she puts it all on me since im the only one here with her all the time. I just want to go. I couldnt go with my real dad because he isnt any better that them. He doesnt care about me. He just posts me on his his facebook as a part of his good dad act. He lives in a different state and so does the rest of my extended family. most of the time me and my mom are good and a couple of days ago we talked about having this big birthday party. We would rent a place and have a big dress and music and food. But my hopes arent high for it mostly because she isnt planning anything which means she isnt as invested as i am. Shes an all or nothing person so basically this party thing is a bust. which makes me so frustrated. i sound spoiled but this would be my first party ever and its kind of like a quinceanera but 18th. i dont want it anymore and told her. she made this huge deal and said that she does care and that she knows its not easy but then compared me to my sister and brother about how she never had time for them so i should be grateful my life is better. its worse actually. my life was better when she wasnt around as much. maybe im the problem and thats why im going to leave. at least my head wont hurt and i can stop thinking about my douchebag stepdad who i got into argument with last night. Im done though

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.

While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
    We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Best of luck!

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X